Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2020, 17:59   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Magic Auto, Dwarka's stupid explanation and Maruti's horrible support for my Baleno. EDIT: Resolved

No 'sir' please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I'm telling this from pure "Field experience" perspective. I have been through a case, where a Ritz had similar issue and it was solved by replacing these bushes(No-3) and link rods.
Steering vibration or judder is caused by so many reasons and stabilizer bush has no influence for this specific 'Judder during Braking'. Rest of the reasons, I respect your field experience.

Funny part with these soft mounts (rubber) is that, the problem sometimes vanishes just by removing and refitting the same part due to rubber ageing and minor change in their fitment position (bushes rotated, etc) will address the issue (temporary may be)
Mr.Boss is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 18:01   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Magic Auto, Dwarka's stupid explanation and Maruti's horrible support for my Baleno. EDIT: Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post

Funny part with these soft mounts (rubber) is that, the problem sometimes vanishes just by removing and refitting the same part due to rubber ageing and minor change in their fitment position (bushes rotated, etc) will address the issue (temporary may be)
True. Although in both my cases, it solved the issue for good. So I believe they were the culprits.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 10:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I own a 2019 Baleno CVT and the car has done just 5600 kms.-- I had to raise my voice there because instead of trouble shooting, this guy is telling me that brake shuddering is a part of cvt cars.
Sharing my experience as we own a 2018 Baleno CVT, which run over 92XX kms. Although the brakes feel slightly ineffective compared to other manual cars, we have faced no such juddering issues ever, which includes a few hard stops from around 80 to almost standstill in highways. The only sound we face is a sort of a drone from the front brakes when it is parked overnight and we release the brake pedal for the first time after putting it in D, but that is also gone after a few stops. 'Shuddering is a part of CVT cars.' This is a new low in lazy BS.
Quote:
He is asking me to come and drive other CVT Baleno's and it is a characteristic of automatic cars.--Conclusion is that if you are buying an automatic Maruti, their service people claim that brake shuddering is normal and it is there in all cars, so either do not buy it or be prepared.
Take up on his offer and show him your vehicle since your FNG has already resolved it. If he still does not budge, please mention how my vehicle is perfect. I am pretty sure there will be others in the forum who will confirm the issue with no juddering. I will also take the official explanation in writing and post it on social media. It is a sad state of affairs these days when one has to name and shame on social media to get the correct resolution to any problem.

Last edited by Researcher : 9th October 2020 at 10:20.
Researcher is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 10:42   #19
BHPian

I had brake shuddering on my Jazz CVT at 43K. It was due to small bend in right brake rotor. This may have occurred due to unexpected hard braking. Original brake pads still had life . After skimming the rotors,I changed it with Brembo red ceramic. I know it will eat the rotors but I'm fine even if this combo last another 30k kms. Next time I plan to change both rotor and pads with after market ones.

I suggest you to get the rotors checked from outside and if it has issue, just skim it or change it with after market Brembos. Automatics are more dependent on brakes and Maruti might be using the usual rotors that come with the manual variant. We will spend more time fighting with these service center guys by asking them to replace the rotors and pads in warranty.
rahulskumar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 10:46   #20
BHPian

A simple solution would be to book an appointment with a reputed Maruti Service Center and let the service advisor know about the issue. In my experience some service centers are great while others are just plain incompetent.
Pashin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 11:23   #21
BHPian

My Ertiga's Warranty was about to expire and I found a peculiar metal cling sound from rear, when I reverse or drive slow on bad roads. I explained the service centre Popular Maruti the issue is from the rear and the senior technicians wanted to brush it giving all sort of explanations. I stood my ground and changed the rear axle under warranty.

The process went on for 2 months and by now my warranty expired. The service manager and their GM will always be in meetings and could never answer phone calls. With a harsh email explaining the problem and the lacklustre attitude of the service centre to all the emails IDs I could find. The very next day, I got a call from the service centre saying the axle has arrived and can be changed at my convenience.

This happened in 2017, when my Ertiga was 4 years and ~36Kms old, I have clocked 92K Kms till date without a single metal cling noise from the rear

My advice for you will be : Research online about the potential cause of the problem from multiple sources and pull the service centre guys to change the part you feel should be the cause. Dont leave them as such and let this not spoil you enjoying the automatic beauty!!
.HEM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 11:48   #22
BHPian

I have had good experience with MSM Naraina in terms of diagnosis. DD motors Mayapuri also used to be good as they had some very experienced technicians but lately they are grappling with too much cars in their limited capacity service center leading to degradation of services.

In terms of grievance redressal by Maruti, its been a joke lately. After being a Maruti loyalist for 20 years I bought a Ford Aspire in 2019 and find their customer service to be far better and prompt. Maruti used to be great when we bought our first M800 in 1998 but not now for sure.

I have pretty limited technical knowledge but as SAs are repeatedly mentioning that this a common issue with all CVTs is it possible that engine keeps on providing some power to wheels despite of you braking. I have had a very scary experience while driving a tractor. When I applied brakes without using clutch the tractor would not stop at all and there was tremendous brake juddering. I know its because of the extreme torque that these machines have but this concept in its limited scope may apply in your case.

I feel bad hearing such stories from brands I consider reliable. I was contemplating Hyundai for my Alto replacement but then saw the post here on their shoddy quality issues. And now when I made up my mind for Maruti your post just shakes up my confidence again. Ignorance can be bliss sometimes.
Maverick Avi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 12:05   #23
BHPian

I had similar problem with my Ford Falcon and the problem was related to the disc. It had to be machined and the problem went away. The shudder was unmistakable. Hope you've been able to resolve your problem.
Bsimhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 12:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I had escalated to both contact@nexaexperience.com and contact@maruti.co.in but both times the dealer called me and is giving the explanation that this is there in all cars and i should come there and drive other automatic Baleno's to see it is a normal phenomenon.
This is something that even I have observed as to how Maruti works. Whenever you shoot an email to Maruti, I believe they forward it to a dealer and that dealer contacts you immediately. And later when the work is done, Maruti will call you to take the feedback. One good thing that I have observed is that if you give poor feedback, they crack a whip on the dealer and you will have the dealer calling you within a day apologizing, trying to fix the issue or giving you free coupons

I had a rusting issue in my out of warranty 4 year old 2015 Baleno, dropped an email to Nexa, got the call from dealer and they wanted to inspect the car. The team lead SA from the dealer + the paint company executive, they visited my office and inspected my car. More details on it are present in my thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4736460.

Rest assured, in your case the biggest problem is the dealership that you are visiting, simply switch it and your concern should be gone.
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 13:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Brake juddering in my opinion can be caused by below 2 things:

1) Misaligned Rotors
2) Bent Disc

Has anyone checked from this Point of view?
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 13:15   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since you are also recommending the same, would do it the next time some issue or service comes up. Even though Okhla is far off, can take the pain provided they know how to do their job and not shrug off every thing saying it is there in all cars.
Maruti Suzuki's own workshop at Naraina:

C-119, Industrial Area Phase I,
Block C, Naraina Industrial Area Phase 1
New Delhi, Delhi 110028

would be closer to Dwarka.

Since your car is under warranty, brake rotor warpage should be covered (but brake pad wear would not be).
SS-Traveller is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 14:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

A quick update from my end, since i created this thread and pinged Maruti on twitter about their hopeless service folks and the stories they were telling me about the brake shuddering. I got a call yesterday from Vice President service, Magic Auto and he asked me to get the car checked and that he would personally see the issue is resolved.

He also told me that he has 20+ years of technical experience on Maruti cars and was earlier with MSM, Naraina. They sent a team of 3 people at my residence, area works manager, one service advisor and one technician. Their AWM went on a test drive with me and since i live in Dwarka where there is hardly any traffic, i replicated the shudders to him multiple times. Also told him about the same issue with our Ecosport and how it was resolved. The AWM was in direct contact with Mr. Kaushal who is the VP and after the test drive it was ascertained that the brake rotors would need replacement.

I was told that brake pads should be okay since car has just done 6000 kms but if they need replacement, i would have to pay for them as it is a wear n tear part which i am okay with. They called today to pick up the car but my car is not at home right now so would send her in tomorrow.

I am sure that the brake disc replacement would solve this issue now. Am i happy that they were finally able to recognise the faulty part - yes but am i satisfied with the way things shaped up and the number of times i had to escalate to get them to even acknowledge that some is wrong - definitely not.

Time to give MSM, Naraina a shot from now.
coolboy007 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 16:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Is the Naraina MSM still functional?
Yes, I have been getting my cars serviced since past 15 years and I found them slightly better than regular dealerships.
Ashdel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 17:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heck, Ford replaced my pads/rotors under goodwill warranty when car was 2 years old/24k kms old.
Ford India's customer support is a 1000 times better than Maruti Suzuki and i have experienced this over a period of 6 years owning both Fiesta and Ecosport.
Yes i too endorse the same view. The Ford technicians are way superior in my experience with Ford, though it was way back in 2006-2011. The diagnosis were top notch and I was always happy with them. May be Maruti's training methods leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote:
The AWM was in direct contact with Mr. Kaushal who is the VP and after the test drive it was ascertained that the brake rotors would need replacement.
Glad to know that they've finally acknowledged the issue and a solution is in sight now. Now that they've possibly figured out the root cause, may be it's time to ask whether they're going to replace brake rotors in all CVT Balenos(which as per them is an inherent issue)

It's an age old trick they keep giving to unsuspecting customers - "sir, this is common and found in all our cars". When one reply back with "Why do you make such inferior cars then" doesn't entail any response.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 9th October 2020 at 17:41.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 22:49   #30

Quote:

Their AWM went on a test drive with me and since i live in Dwarka where there is hardly any traffic, i replicated the shudders to him multiple times. Also told him about the same issue with our Ecosport and how it was resolved. The AWM was in direct contact with Mr. Kaushal who is the VP and after the test drive it was ascertained that the brake rotors would need replacement.

Time to give MSM, Naraina a shot from now.
Hi,

I also had issues with the brakes on my Baleno (brake grinding noise). Also the infamous sticky steering wheel issue was also there on my car.

Since I also stay in Dwarka, I planned to visit Magic Auto. The car was test driven by two technicians and I was told that there is no issue with the car. The car's issues were finally taken up to Maruti Sales and Service Delhi, Naraina. The issues were atleast acknowledged there, although were resolved only after two visits.

Nevertheless, please visit MSSD, Naraina for your Baleno's service. Spares availability is also excellent, technicians and SA's are comparatively better. But I'd still say that Maruti's service is not upto the mark. The sheer volume of cars on roads, leads to proportionate amount of issues and escalations/complaints, and Maruti isn't able to handle them. Time for them to take this up seriously.

Regards,
Sarthak
balenoed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks