Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2007, 17:03   #16
Team-BHP Support

Sushubh I think you should take a serious look at this issue. IMO, lot of charges are looking overly inflated or even unnecessary in this bill.

To start with, why do not you pick up the owner's manual and check whether Maruti really suggests these replacements at 20k. For example they seem to have changed coolant for you. Now if I am not wrong most cars (And coolant manufacturers) won't suggest you a change till 40k. Till then they do a top up at max.

I strongly suspect that they charged you without doing most of these things. That is how they even managed to reduce the bill by Rs.1000. If you think about it there is hardly room for discounts if all these works are genuinely carried out and that too at company prescribed costs.

The other side effect of such golmaal (supposing that it is indeed some such jhol-jhapaata stuff) could be that your car is recording bad history for itself. After a few years if and when you wish to sell it if the potential buyer goes to the dealership and checks the service history he will think that your car is a lemon that requires costly services and that will mean it will become difficult to sell it.
Old 11th April 2007, 17:06   #17
Team-BHP Support

This thread is really an eye-opener, as far as Maruti's A>S>S is concerned. We generally have multitudes of people saying Maruti servicing is dirt cheap, while almost all others are way expensive. Maybe this thread needs to be highlighted.
Old 11th April 2007, 17:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
To start with, why do not you pick up the owner's manual and check whether Maruti really suggests these replacements at 20k.
My guess is .. it will be listed in the manual

I think the other Swift owner should come forward and post their experiences.
Old 11th April 2007, 17:20   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
My guess is .. it will be listed in the manual
Hmmm... I am just trying to figure out from where did that 20% discount on the bill materialized out of?!! 20% is no small stuff. Unless, it was the birthday of the dealership MD's dawg there is only one way that could have happened. And hence...
Old 11th April 2007, 17:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
Spark plug change: 230
Transmission oil change: 650+310
Caliper pin lubrication: 220
Engine flushing: 650
are these really needed even if its mentioned in the manual. I assume that these will be mentioned in the manual else they can be in serious trouble.
Old 11th April 2007, 19:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Also, try a "honest to customer" workshop will let the owner stay near the car when its being serviced.
The Imbeciles at Ford dont let me do that. I dont Maruti lets that either.
What about urs?
Old 11th April 2007, 20:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Swift is cheap to buy and costliest to maintain among premium hatchback cars, thats what I saw and read the article as well.

I sold my Swift when it had clocked 11,000km so no experience with paid service.

Person who baught my car did 20K service last week in Mysore I will find out from him soon about cost.

A day back I did intermediate service of my Petrol Innova at 13600km (1st paid service at 8600km) and I plan to do 2nd free service at 19,000KM.

For this intermediate service (Full wash (275 rs.) in and out and general check up (275 rs.) and topping up the stuffs ..) cost me 618 rs including taxes. They addresed my all complaint perfect Ravindu Toyota did good job although I had nice fight with their 2 of mangaers while taking car delivery because they didn't attend me for 1 hr and when I used high voice I got my car in 10 min with cross checking and test drive.

As per them Petrol Innova's actual service starts @40,000km when we need to replace few parts So I am trying to keep my car in good condition so I need not worry much (Except for oil change, tyre rotation/balancing...).

When I had a discussion with my relative who works in Toyota plant I decided to buy Petrol Innova (for its luxury/comfort reasonable to maintain) and sell my Swift (for what it gives its costly to maintain).

Swift is costly to maintain and not comfy car for 4 tall people. Its good for Short to medium height people.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 11th April 2007, 20:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

I sold my Swift when it had clocked 11,000km so no experience with paid service.
Any specific reason for selling Swift ( LXi/VXi/ZXi ?? ) so early. Were you unhappy with it. How much was the depri on selling ?
Old 11th April 2007, 21:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well Swift is by no means cheap on service and spares like other Maruti's. The bill of 4K at 20K is no surprise. If you will follow what the service adviser tells you you will always end up paying huge amounts. It's just like "I you play by the rules they are always going to beat you". So always get a simple service done like oil changes, filter and necessities. And i don't know why swift needs these @20K KM service.

Spark plug change
Caliper pin lubrication
Engine flushing
Old 11th April 2007, 21:50   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope these are exceptional cases. There is another TBhpian - Anarchist from BLR who's had a Swift from quite some time. And Ajmat.

Anarchist - very helpful if you could demystify these paid service charges and also relate your own service experiences with your Swift after the 1st year ?! And Ajmat. Thx.

Last edited by theMAG : 11th April 2007 at 21:54.
Old 11th April 2007, 21:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I hope these are exceptional cases. There is another TBhpian - Anarchist from BLR who's had a Swift from quite some time. And Ajmat.

Anarchist - very helpful if you could demystify these paid service charges and also relate your own service experiences with your Swift after the 1st year ?! And Ajmat. Thx.
It may not turn out to be an exceptional case. There are many Swift owners here. Their genuine feedback will clear doubts. May be mods can rename the title of the thread as per the discussion going on here.
Old 11th April 2007, 22:30   #27
BHPian

Hmm.. I paid more for my Swift's 20k servicing. Of course I had a couple of extra things done such as shampooing the interiors and replacing the AC vents etc. Still, I paid about 8000. Without the extras it would still be about 6000.
Old 12th April 2007, 00:46   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Hmm.. I paid more for my Swift's 20k servicing. Of course I had a couple of extra things done such as shampooing the interiors and replacing the AC vents etc. Still, I paid about 8000. Without the extras it would still be about 6000.
my my... if this is how costly to maintain the swift is then i better start mentioning this the next time someone asks me about it.

now can't stop mentioning it here, though i refrain from such comparisons, an indica (or any other tata) at 20k is still undergoing its free service! and a typical bill is for 2k to 2.5k odd bucks... and thats the max.
Old 12th April 2007, 12:48   #29
BHPian

I think we can easily add these xtra payments on servicing to the actual cost of Swift. Which makes it expensive premium hatchback which cannot even accomodate 5 persons properly.
Old 12th April 2007, 20:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

My friend told me his brother paid 3,800 rs for 20,000km paid service last week in Mysore.

I got disappointed on day 2 I baught my Swift VXI, I paid 4.88lacs on road in bangalore and 60,000 RS accessories (all genuine items baught from car accessories shop), My car had clocked 11,000km when I sold it to my employee who had booked it on the day I booked it His brother is using it now good that he is happy with it. I am happy with my Innova.

I only fixed the price of 4.25 lacs. as deal (depreciation of 22% I guess for car+accessories) I helped him to get loan as well. He is lucky to get this well maintained + having lot of genuine goodies car!

Reasons why I sold Swift-> Its good car for 4 medium sized adults. So this is not the car coming in Premium Hatch segments.

Premium Hatch segment cars should be Sedan except boot. But Swift is no where comparable with Premium Hatchs.

Swift has great exterior looks. But inside its great disappointment.

Swift P is sluggish in city driving however its awasome car on highway!

It has many design issues, more rattling compared to other MUL Cars. Too Costly to maintain. Anyway I hated this car so decided to sell in Nov 2006 before I loose out too much.

In long term its Palio/Getz/Indica which will win in big time with Swift except for image since Swift is great looker.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed