Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2009, 05:00   #46
BANNED

1st Paid Service (4th Service)

Got the Estilo Serviced From Competent Automobiles,Mehruli,New Delhi.Engine Oil,Collant replaced and fuel injector cleaned.Break oil,gear oil they told me topup is enough as my car is run only 9500kms.i had given the car at 10 Am and got all done by around 5:30PM...I was checking on them while things were done.But i am still not convinced they have done all.
I had asked the service Supervisor if they dont need the service manual slip and need tick each one of things listed there..He told that is not required as this is Paid service.they do it only in free services.Can anyone tell me please whats this fuel injector cleaning??And is this seprate??other than normal Service?Rs.475.00??
I dont think they check all things as per the service shedule....The supervisor just lists few things to be check and replaced in the service sheet and i think that is the only things that gets done by the machanic.Is this right way??
I think i would never return to this service station again.....And now i see that Ac Fan is giving some noise..this wasn't there untill now...??
If this is way they service even when customer is waiting and check while getting the car service.I wonder how most of other cars get service which people just trust them and leave it at Competent.Uuffff!!!!

Total Bill Rs.2568.Here is breakdown of the bill.
Parts Quantity Taxable Amount

O Ring 4 88.16
Filter Oil 1 66.09
Coolant(SB) non Amine 1 208.89
Consumables 1 19.56
Engine Oil 3.70 724.57

Paid Service 675.00
Fuel Injector Cleaning (Petrol) 475.00

Vat@ 12.5% ---47.84
Vat@ 20% ---144.91
Service Tax 10% ---115.00
Edu.Cess On Sevice tax @3% ---3.46

Total----Rs.2568/-

I would call the Competent Guys again tommorrow for the AC Noise... hmm??

Last edited by ported_head : 26th March 2009 at 11:38.
Old 26th March 2009, 11:18   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! The Swift is Expensive. Hope we won't be hearing how expensive Maruti's are to service soon.
Our Fiesta's 50Kkm service costed us 5.5K with all the filters and oils changed.
Old 2nd April 2009, 19:39   #48
BHPian

Ok guys, this one is going to take the cake.

I was charged 11,250/- in my 20,000 kms service for my Swift Ldi at Sai Service, Parel.
I was out of town when my driver gave it for the service and my dad already paid for the bill so had no say!

I don't remeber the exact break up but i know the work carried out-

1. Routine service (700 Rs)
2. Change engine oil + flushing (non synthetic)
3. Change Brake oil
4. Change air filter and oil filter.
5. AC check up (2,500 Rs)
6. Upholestry Clean up (900 Rs)
7. Wheel alignment and Balancing (this was around 3,000!)
8. PUC (400 Rs)
9. Coolant change (not sure if this was done)

Yea I guess thats bout it.

Can somone please tell me if its ok if i switch over to vitesse? I mean what happens to my service records? I've even take extended warranty, will that still be honoured?

Also can some tell me what my 30,000 service looks like? I'm already scared!

P.S.- I knopw that sai service took me for a BIG ride but no use crying now, I'm thoroughly disgusted with it, just want to do my HW before the next swrvice.
Old 2nd April 2009, 20:48   #49
Team-BHP Support

Sorry Vandan, but you have been LOOTED.

From whatever I have heard on the forum, Sai Service has some serious integrity issues.
Old 2nd April 2009, 21:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandan View Post

I was charged 11,250/- in my 20,000 kms service for my Swift Ldi at Sai Service, Parel.
I think this a new record of some sorts. My VXi 20k service was some 4k, and it had a few extras I could have left out.

Quote:
Can somone please tell me if its ok if i switch over to vitesse? I mean what happens to my service records? I've even take extended warranty, will that still be honoured?
You can definitely service your vehicle at Vitesse. The service records are linked to a central database accessible by all MASS. However, you have most likely purchased Sai Service's extended warranty, and not the MUL extended warranty. Which means it is unlikely to be honoured at any other MASS except Sai Service. And I'm sure they have a clause which says it will be honoured only if serviced at Sai Service.
Old 2nd April 2009, 21:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

Its a daylight robbery

Why engine flush?

What is 2500 for AC checkup? it should not charge you anything unless gas is filled, that also topup will not cost more than 500 Rs

AND BOSS Wheel alignment and Balancing for 3000 RS . Max 500 Rs job

PUC takes 60 Rs

I guess you need to take action against them Please do not sit silent on it. Write to dealer with explanation and take it further with maruti.

You should cry now and I guarantee you that you will get a refund of about 6K to 7K, if you take them to maruti.

Quote:

I was out of town when my driver gave it for the service and my dad already paid for the bill so had no say!

I don't remeber the exact break up but i know the work carried out-

1. Routine service (700 Rs)
2. Change engine oil + flushing (non synthetic)
3. Change Brake oil
4. Change air filter and oil filter.
5. AC check up (2,500 Rs)
6. Upholestry Clean up (900 Rs)
7. Wheel alignment and Balancing (this was around 3,000!)
8. PUC (400 Rs)
9. Coolant change (not sure if this was done)

Yea I guess thats bout it.

Also can some tell me what my 30,000 service looks like? I'm already scared!

P.S.- I knopw that sai service took me for a BIG ride but no use crying now, I'm thoroughly disgusted with it, just want to do my HW before the next swrvice.

Last edited by rkbharat : 2nd April 2009 at 21:17.
Old 2nd April 2009, 22:09   #52
Senior - BHPian

PUC 400 = LOOT to the highest order. 80 bucks it is everwhere in india.PERIOD

Alignment and balancing = 3000 = Robbery to the higest level raised to N.

English Flush = not needed! Robbed again.

And whats AC checkup if u had not complained ? 2500 bucks MAN O MAN.

U should complain to maruti asap, and get all of that back. MAN i would be totally disappointed if u did not do anything about this.

Complain to the helpline number and GET YOUR REFUND.U WILL GET IT BACK.
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:30   #53
Team-BHP Support

Seriously, please do write to maruti giving them a copy of the service bill. This is MUL behaving like Skoda... well almost, nobody can stoop to Skoda levels
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:33   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
However, you have most likely purchased Sai Service's extended warranty, and not the MUL extended warranty. Which means it is unlikely to be honoured at any other MASS except Sai Service. And I'm sure they have a clause which says it will be honoured only if serviced at Sai Service.
I'm pretty sure Ive take the MUL extended warranty. Are you sure about the database?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

And whats AC checkup if u had not complained ? 2500 bucks MAN O MAN.

U should complain to maruti asap, and get all of that back. MAN i would be totally disappointed if u did not do anything about this.

Complain to the helpline number and GET YOUR REFUND.U WILL GET IT BACK.
umm I think the gas was changed, but again I know it wasn't required.

I don't have the bill with me! You think i can go get a copy from them and then probably do something?
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:35   #55
Team-BHP Support

Of course you can get a copy, but please be sweet and tell them its for reimbursement by your company.

Don't let them know of your sinister plans !!
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:39   #56
BHPian

Sweet, I just finished with my exams yesterday and have ALL the time in the world, I'm going day after and getting the bill copy.

Will keep you guys posted.

I always felt bad about this, its not about the money but its about me getting "looted" that i don't like.

Thanks for the support Eddy, Ported, RKbharat and humyum, really appreciate it.
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:53   #57
BHPian

I got my swift-P serviced yesterday at MASS. 4th service.

Total expenditure: Rs 6500

This price includes the following items:

Synthetic oil and Engine flush: about 3300

NGK spark plugs: 800. And the rest was paid to the service station (Rs 2400)

Engine coolant was replaced, 5 wheel rotation, alignment and balancing was done and of course the other things which are to be done at the fourth service.

Last edited by swift8847 : 2nd April 2009 at 23:55.
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:58   #58
Team-BHP Support

Ankith, hows the car after servicing? which plugs did you go for finally?
Old 3rd April 2009, 00:26   #59
BHPian

Got the NGK ones which you told me and I had that part number confirmed with raj. Also got the oil from Farhan.

Its been smooth. The car is responding better. As of now its done only about 40km after the service. Will the performance be better after the car has covered some more distance? Say about 100-150kms.
I need to take it for a proper drive sometime soon.

PS: Thanks a lot for the suggestions.
Old 3rd April 2009, 01:17   #60
BANNED

Wheel alignment and balancing max 500

Wheel alignment and balancing would cost only ard 400-500 max.even 3d alignments etc would cost ard 700 max.
I got wheel alignment and balancing done for Rs.400 today.Alignment hunter machine and balancing was also done computerized.
Yes Ac service cost is 2500 in competent delhi also...But i think that is done if there are some AC Gas leaks and serious problems.Ac gas check and top should be part of service.
Vandan you have been looted....make sure everythings is perfect.If you think even Ac is 1 degree less cooling...Make a complaint and make sure You recheck all.
Same gones for alignment.Hmmm.
These big Service people dont do many of things they claim.The just make a big bill to get their cost.
Poor customers!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks