Team-BHP - Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Maruti Swift Servicing at 20,000 KM (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/22980-maruti-swift-servicing-20-000-km.html)

I just dropped my Swift at the authorized Maruti service station for servicing. It is the fourth service and hence a paid one.

The estimated bill came to around 5500 bucks. The car has no problems as such so the servicing amount is for regular servicing only.

My question from existing Swift owners… Is the price right for the fourth paid service of Swift at 20000 KM? Or the dealer is just ripping me off. :confused:

Hi,

I had my 4th service done for my swift a fortnight back. I too have covered 20K kms.

Ask him why its 5.5K rupees. Mine was 4,300 and it included wheel alignment and balancing, engine flush, and some spares tht needed replacement- parking lite bulb and a door knob (that thing on the door panel that u pull to open the door broke).

The bulb cost 30 bucks and the door thing 70.

Am at bangalore, and given the high rates of local taxes here, its surprising that ur bill is more than mine.

Here are some details from the paper I got…

Oil and oil filter change: 650+340
Wheel Balancing: 250+80
Spark plug change: 230
Fuel injector cleaning: 400
Coolant change: 250
Brake oil change: 110
Transmission oil change: 650+310
Caliper pin lubrication: 220
Engine flushing: 650
Paid service: 700

Rough total comes to: 4840

Estimated cost given to me: 2800+2600 = 5400!

final bill came to around 5800. i managed to get a discount of rs. 1000. :P so paid around 4800.

Talk about chori chakaari!!! And people say Marutis are cheap to maintain and service. Rs 700 for labor and then such humongous costs for parts. Also, why have they quote x+y kind of charges for single items like Wheel Balancing? Looks like they did only balancing but no alignment which IMO is costly... Elsewhere for roughly Rs450 they will do alignment, balancing alongwith the cost of the weights inclusive.

And if all these costs were those of the parts then where was the scope for discount in this? I think they are just ripping off customers. If you bargain and crib then they reduce some ridiculous sum (which itself shows the amount of overcharging they are indulging in) else its all the better.

Someone should complain to Maruti.

Now maintainence cost of Petrol cars is cheap..?? Just wondering what will be cost for Swift D at 20k

They gave 1k discount .. kewl !

Maruti reco engine flush every 20k for petrol cars. I don't know if its necessary.

I hope whatever they have mentioned they have done ..

Thats a lot of money for a 20K run car. Also, i am wondering is it necessary to change the transmission oil at "only" 20K? Usually the mechical components need a replacement at a much later KM date.

Quote:

final bill came to around 5800.
:Shockked: Thats a lot of money for 20K service. ACI has reported that Swift spares are the costliest.

Compared to this, my Palio S10's 45,000 kms service cost came to Rs. 3003.

i think then ford is even cheaper 38000 km (they went by 50000 procedure) came to 1800 @ bangalore. funny thing ford doesnt do any fluid change (engine oil excluded) before 40k service and one has to fight if you want to change anything (like coolant or brake fluid)

Maruti is notorious for labour charges, this when i used to use zen some 8 years back in Kerala and dealer was popular, they would do all sorts of stuff and each job will carry 50 to 100 rs as labour and finally add upto a big bill, say 2.5 k at that time, and i guess they have increased all this and now minting money.

i guess thats why they run dealership in the first place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 411263)
i think then ford is even cheaper 38000 km (they went by 50000 procedure) came to 1800 @ bangalore.

Now this is interesting .. why there is perception ford cars are expensive to maintain.

well i personally hope the car runs fine. and i find a third party service center!

Sushubh,U've been ripped off!
I suggest U get ur car serviced elsewhere in a good,reputed garage.
Maruti Genuine spares are available in the open market.Again,Source them from a reputed parts shop.
Quote:

Originally Posted by navdeep
Now this is interesting .. why there is perception ford cars are expensive to maintain.

Compared to this,Ford service is PEANUTS! This comes from a guy who's owned a Ford ikon for almost 6 years now.

in between issues they say, and i ask cant that be related to no proper maintanence?

again how many members using other cars would like to come forward and post bad things (lil or small) about their cars, one of the reason why i have started with swift diesel experience, truth but nothing but the truth.

maybe someone should start a new thread: worst things about your car

Surely, the service station has overcharged sushubh. I see no reason to change transmission oil at 20K. By the way, what is engine flushing?

umm. car is well mantained. there was nothing wrong with the car.

as for the next service. the novelty value of the car has gone now. i think i can think abt getting it serviced from a third party center now. :)