Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2020, 11:58   #1
Team-BHP Support

Actual service cost is higher than Mahindra's own service calculator

Thanks to Raphael Raja for sending these images and information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this page!

Quote:
I am Raphael, a regular reader of Team-BHP articles and forum discussions. I would like to share my experience with Mahindra customer care on my complaint regarding variance in service cost mentioned in the Mahindra app and the amount charged by the dealer.

As per the Mahindra service calculator, the cost of the service cost is around RS. 9,700 including goods, labour, and GST.

Apart from regular service, I have opted for the additional items mentioned below:

1. Rear brake pad change
2. Washing and cleaning
3. Wheel balancing and alignment

Cost of the additional items as per the dealer invoice:
Actual service cost is higher than Mahindra's own service calculator-1605611611634blob.jpg

Quote:
But I received an invoice for Rs. 21,175.

Below is Mahindra's application calculation for standard service:
Actual service cost is higher than Mahindra's own service calculator-1605611283808blob.jpg

Quote:
I could see that is was around Rs. 5,000 more than the calculation and reached out to Mahindra's customer care to understand the calculation.

The customer care executive raised an internal request - CF2101550778.

The next day I got a call from the dealer and he explained that their invoice is correct, But I told him that my question remained unanswered.

Since the dealer was not clear on the quote mentioned in Mahindra's app (With You Hamesha), we decided to connect with Mahindra's representative.

After two days, a Mahindra representative joined our call. He confirmed that he would share the comparative statement of the dealer invoice and Mahindra's quotation.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any update for a week. Then I reached out to the customer care again to escalate my request and asked them to share the comparative statement.

I got the following mail from the Mahindra representative which claims that the service cost varies based on the chassis number:
Actual service cost is higher than Mahindra's own service calculator-1605616404967blob.jpg

Quote:
I would like to have the statement of Mahindra validated by Team-BHP experts.

Thanks for your patience and time for going through my long mail. I am also attaching a copy of the dealer's invoice.
Actual service cost is higher than Mahindra's own service calculator-inv1.jpg

Actual service cost is higher than Mahindra's own service calculator-inv2.jpg

Actual service cost is higher than Mahindra's own service calculator-inv3.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 27th November 2020 at 12:04.
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 12:00   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Actual service cost is higher than Mahindra's own service calculator

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line.
Old 27th November 2020, 12:10   #3
Team-BHP Support

The information presented isn't complete: we don't know what the Mahindra app has included in the 16k invoice. Can the OP break that down and share, if the app provides it. Only when we have a list of all the jobs and hence know the cost of goods + labour, can we compare it with the actual charged by the dealer.

While I appreciate the effort put in by manufacturers on these apps, I don't think they are water tight yet. For eg. when I took my Tiago in for the 20k kms/24 months service, the Tata Owners app, Owners manual and the SA each recommended different things! I went with what the manual said despite the SA claiming there was one job (I think injector cleaning) required at that interval per his sheet.

The dealer in this case, perhaps even added a few high-margin items that the app didn't include. Perhaps the OP asked for certain tasks beyond what the app recommend.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 12:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

If I eliminate brake pad change, wash, wheel aligment/balance, cost comes to ~10K+ tax. The app mentions cost includes GST, not sure if that is correct. Quotation give to you for extra services is low. Also not sure if you asked for engine coating which cost roughly about 1K.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 12:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Brake pad change as a consumable can't be included in regular service cost - the brake pads are inspected in each service and replaced if they are worn out.

The rest of it looks ok with only the "engine treatment" and "eco wash" being extra and not quite necessary.
hserus is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 11:39   #6
BHPian

I am not sure why people are surprised by this. Mahindra work shops have been doing this from long time. I used to get billed 1,500/- for "Engine Protection", 120/- bucks for battery water, 160/- bucks for washer liquid shampoo. The wiper shampoo bottle clearly states 1 bottle MRP is 40 bucks and is enough for 2 liters of water.

M&M is aware of this malpractice by stealerships, but they turn a blind eye. I raised complaint to customer service, the SA called on next day and offered 1500/- service voucher which can be redeemed on next service. I sold the vehicle last month, so the coupon is of no use to me. The buyer is from different city, so cannot use it in his city. Great going M&M

Most Viewed