Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2021, 11:54   #46
BHPian

Re: Kia dealer fraud caught on dashcam | Frontier Kia swaps headunit with demo car's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thinking about it some more, IMHO, the car owner must file a police complaint. This is outright THEFT and there is hard evidence of the same.
+1 . FIR is a good way to go. An FIR in itself is easily managed at the local station by paying some cash to the local SI. Inaddition, Take a scan of the FIR and email it to the local SP, District Collector, State commerce minister, Governor, News media channels and copy the dealer in CC as well Kia top management along with other regions. I am sure the Kia top brass in USA is not as shameless as in India.

Also as long as the original recording device is in possession, it is not hard to use video evidence.
Old 25th January 2021, 11:57   #47
BHPian

Re: Kia dealer fraud caught on dashcam | Frontier Kia swaps headunit with demo car's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
These guys seem habitual thieves. A police complaint should be filed against them for sure. Just hear from 0:04 second to 0:20 seconds of 1st video.

There is a yellow bike standing in front of dealership gate with its helmet just lying on the right mirror of bike (clearly visible at 0:25 sec of the video).

The conversation between two guys in the car is as:

person 1: "ye kaun aaya?, ye kaun aaya" -->> Who has come
person 2: "kaun sa" -->which one
person 1: "Helmet utha ke le jaun iski gaadi mein se?" --> Should I just pick helmet from his vehicle
person 2: "jo saamne hai?" --> the one which is in front?
person 1: "haan aur kya" -->> yes, why not
person 2: "haan utha le, police wale ki hai " --> yeah, pick it up, it is of someone from police (while laughing)
person1: "are usko kya pata chalega ki ye log mera helmet .. kabhi dekhega to kya pata chal jayega use?" -->> how will he know that we have his helmet, even if we he look at it later, he will not get to know
person 2: "are wo camera nikalwa lega, teri aisi taisi karwa dega" -->> he will get the camera footage, he will mess you up
person 1: "are pata nahi chalega" -->> he won't get to know

and then they drive on where he admits what he has done with this car

Last edited by SahilS : 25th January 2021 at 12:04.
SahilS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 11:57   #48
Senior - BHPian

There are two parts to this problem.

The first part is the actual fraud/theft. This type of malpractice can happen anywhere, in any sector or establishment, irrespective of manufacturer.
The best way of handling this type of theft/cheating is via Law Enforcement, as it looks like a clear case of theft of one's personal property.

The second part of the problem is the responsibility of the Dealership & KIA (The dealership is after-all appointed by KIA).
Looking at the lack-lusture response from the Dealership & the Manufacturer, it is imperative that measures like publicly sharing these type of malpractices over Social Media, Press must be carried out.
In India, this is an effective way of extracting the much needed apology with an intent of accepting accountability, from such high handed manufacturers and dealerships.

Last edited by abhishek46 : 25th January 2021 at 11:58.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 12:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

Not acceptable ! Simply not acceptable !

Car dealers and brands must equally realize what a brand new car means for a consumer. Here it is his/her hard earned money and a thing of pride which has been tampered with. Look at those scratches and damages caused in a brand new car ! After selling cars at such high prices, do these folks think that this kind of money is peanuts for us consumers ?

As for service canters, they should be shut down immediately and sealed for any part swapping ! This has gone around for too long and is nothing short of robbery. There should be some strict rule for this. If you don't have a part in stock, be honest and tell it directly, rather than swap it from someone else's prized possession.

I am pretty sure these crooks will now disable any on board recording devices from now on. P.S: They should be prevented from doing that in the future. They should realize whatever short term gains from such practices only ends up in a loss in the long term. In this case the service center should replace whatever damaged components and parts and extend some kind of apology and compensation to the owner. Nothing short of that is acceptable !

Last edited by TrackDay : 25th January 2021 at 12:09.
Old 25th January 2021, 12:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

I saw the first video and the first thing I noticed was the 2 guys casually discussing about taking the helmet parked on the bike outside !! Atrocious
Old 25th January 2021, 12:15   #51
BHPian

This is daylight robbery. Thanks to the forum that we get to know about such things.
The Owner of the car should surely raise this matter at every possible forum, including with Kia - Korea.
Kia should take onus and responsibility for the theft and act like a mature company to give the aggrieved his due share of replacements and should for sure certainly penalize the dealership.
Another point is if Kia doesn't act against such frauds, in a way they are giving a signal in the market that such things are acceptable and that Kia will not act against dealers even if it gets to their notice.
Old 25th January 2021, 12:15   #52

Quote:
His dealer has now started asking him to remove all posts from social media. There is no response from Kia, it's just from the dealership. I think Kia will start facing the heat soon. Their response to anything has been to not respond at all. People owning anything below HTX have issues with the throw and illumination of their halogen headlamps. And there's no response to that. Nor for the broken suspension, nor the burnt car.
Absolutely not!
This is blatant abuse of the trust a customer places in the brand and the dealership. He has every right to make any act of fraud/cheating public. Instead of asking him the remove the posts, the dealership should:
1. Accept the fraud and make a formal apology through email
2. Confirm that the culprits are fired immediately. (No this is not an overreaction)
3. Suo moto report the same to Kia, with cc to the customer and offer a satisfactory resolution equivalent to the mistrust and fraud committed.

This needs to be taken very seriously, because thank god for the dashcam, imagine the hundreds of other cars these fools would have tampered with.
Old 25th January 2021, 12:19   #53
BHPian

This is clear theft and fraud. Sleep on it KIA, until your name is synonymous with service center theft. And Hyundai - Do remember, you are hyphenated with KIA. Your silence is deafening.

Now, wouldn't the swapped parts have some sort of ID (Serial number) which hopefully is mapped to the vehicle VIN? Shouldn't that be enough HARD proof, other than the recordings from the dash cam?

I hope the OP does not take the vehicle back to the same SVC until a conclusion is arrived at.

PS: On a personal note, I have lost my sun glasses a couple of times in my Verna at Advaith Hyundai. Couldn't complain as I knew what the answer would be. I do remove my dash cam before giving my vehicle for service - to avoid that getting stolen.

Last edited by Naetik30 : 25th January 2021 at 12:21.
Naetik30 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 12:23   #54
BHPian

It is outrageous The delay in response from KIA is appalling . What on earth are they thinking seriously. SHAMELESS!!
The customer can post this on KIA's official twitter handle or can tag the top management every day in a repeat mode till he gets a justice. KIA MUST take strictest of action.

Also as he has every evidence, IMO it is better to file an FIR and the guilty are very well deserved to be behind bars.
Old 25th January 2021, 12:25   #55
AZT
BHPian

Delhi Kia owners should boycott this service centre. Good to hear the OP will be getting a new head unit from the dealer but to see Kia as usual putting it's head in the sand and ignoring this.

Grow a pair Kia and take some action.
AZT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 12:29   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
PS: On a personal note, I have lost my sun glasses a couple of times in my Verna at Advaith Hyundai. Couldn't complain as I knew what the answer would be. I do remove my dash cam before giving my vehicle for service - to avoid that getting stolen.

Last time around, when I dropped my vehicle at the VW Service, the SA scavenged all the nooks & storage cubicles in the Vehicle, and transferred them into a small bag.
The Bag was then handled over to me on the spot. Some substantial 'change', USB Sticks, was found, of course.
This process should be followed at Dealerships, I believe.
abhishek46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 12:31   #57
Senior - BHPian

Substandard build quality, cheating after sales, arrogant salespeople - why do people buy Kia products again? Is the air purifier or sunroof or whatever other bling on the cars really worth this kind of headache?

As for this case, a new HU is not enough - the fellows on the video fully deserve to lose their jobs + have some police action against them.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 12:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Delhi Kia owners should boycott this service centre.
Best thing to do. The least the fellow Kia owners can do is this. Boycott that place and with zero customers they should be doomed out of the business and hard way to learn.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 25th January 2021 at 12:35.
Old 25th January 2021, 12:40   #59
BHPian

One suggestion to the OP. The youtube links do not have any description and comment section is disabled. Also, add the right tags on youtube.

In such cases, social media is your support system. Add a description and link this thread in the description of the youtube videos. Enable comments section and then stand back and watch. If even this does not wake up KIA - nothing else will.

EDIT: WOW!! The videos are down. Whats happening?

Last edited by Naetik30 : 25th January 2021 at 12:43.
Naetik30 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 12:45   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Well aren't Dash-cams the biggest equalizers in the car-world! One more reason for those who don't yet have a dash-cam - to get one soon. This incident just goes to show that all dealers are the same, no matter what brand. And trusting the brand logo or having prejudice against one - both are wrong. Awareness, interaction & keen attention to detail are the only things that ensure our safety as consumers.

Everyone is in business for profits, margins & own gains. Nobody is a saint. Same practices are followed in all brand dealerships since decades in fact. Kia or no brand is actually going to breed a clean honest set of human beings to run their dealerships. Eventually its our own species that is well known to commit frauds at every opportunity - that will run the dealerships. Nothing new here.

Many cases even go unnoticed if the customer doesn't pay attention to detail. Must say though - since the eve of the crash-test results - things just haven't been going very well for Hyundai-KIA on the PR front. Its just one bad news after the other here and there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
On a personal note, I have lost my sun glasses a couple of times in my Verna at Advaith Hyundai. Couldn't complain as I knew what the answer would be. I do remove my dash cam before giving my vehicle for service - to avoid that getting stolen.
I think you should leave the dash-cam in the car. Its one of its primary uses in India - at the ASC. I always leave it there. I formally tell the SA that its in the car, get it mentioned on the job-card in the inventory list of items in the car. So theft is not an option for the ASC. Its formally accepted by them to be in the car on paperwork. Simple as that.

Last edited by Reinhard : 25th January 2021 at 12:53.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks