Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2021, 21:19   #121
BHPian

Re: Kia dealer fraud caught on dashcam | Frontier Kia swaps headunit with demo car's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjivvohra View Post
Unbelievable! I remember in the 'good old days', I would insist that I stay and watch my car being serviced (Ford Ikon) and the ASS had no problem with it.
Anything lengthier than a days work, I would take the car back home.
Recently, I tried the same for my Endevour and they refused, saying company policy does not allow it.
While I understand the safety issues if customers roam about the service bays unattended, on the flip side, the ASS should take responsibility for their employee's unethical behaviour
My Honda ASC has no problem with me on site. I even enter the service bay and chat with the tech while he works. I also make sure to slip him a tip, as he begins work, to give him some additional motivation.

During Covid, I delayed my service as I did not want to be in close contact. They reached out offering pick up and drop. I asked them for written guarantee that they take liability for any accidents or mischief. They backed off
Old 26th January 2021, 22:47   #122
BHPian

Re: Kia dealer fraud caught on dashcam | Frontier Kia swaps headunit with demo car's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Crasto View Post
Sad to read about such incidents especially from Kia.
My Polo is about to go in for it's third service at Mody AutoCorp in Goa and they're asking me to keep the car there for 2 days to get an ABS sensor replaced under warranty, stating that they need "warranty approval". I'm already getting jitters wondering what they're going to do to the car and what kind of bill are they going to throw at me as I can hear a sound when I brake hard.

Anyway, I just tried to dig online for some contact details on Kia's top management and I'm sure senior members may have already suggested these. Just ask your friend to send the incident to these IDs:

sandeep.chopra@kiamotorsindia.in - He is their National Sales Manager.

Legalsec@kiamotorsindia.in
Sunggi.kim@kiamotorsindia.in
Kookhyun.shim@kiamotorsindia.in

Hope this works and he gets what he is looking for.
Good luck!

1. Go to your nearest police station
2. File a criminal complaint regarding cheating - Sec. 420 of IPC.
3. All the members names to be mentioned in the complaint.
4. As per law, police has to take action on criminal cases. Consumer cases go on for decades. This is sheer cheating.
acestormtrooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 23:37   #123
BHPian

This is what happens when KIA wants to rush into its dealer network expansion. One good way to avoid this in the future is to equip head mount GoPro type body cam on all the engineers working on the car.
Old 27th January 2021, 11:00   #124
BHPian

I don't know why Hyundai ASS's reputation has been so good, especially in NCR. Back in 2009, I had pushed my family to use Samara Hyundai's ASS in Ghaziabad. The results were disastrous. ASS folks did something and the coolant leaked out at the Wazirabad signal. We were not aware to complain to Hyundai or escalate the matter. Instead, we just took it to our FNG guy.

In Pune, I did have a fuss-free, good experience with Kothari Hyundai ASS for my Getz.

Then when I got my Getz serviced at Safdarjung Gurgaon in 2014, it became quite obvious to me that their main intent was to charge customers as much as possible on the flimsiest of grounds. I paid 11 K for a basic oil/filter change service.

Since then, I got a workable solution at Triumph Manesar where I got friendly with their technician in chief. I used to my Getz serviced there every time and our i10 also used to go once in a while (including an insurance claim). Everything went smoothly. But, it was purely a personal equation and kind of an outlier.

Samara and Safdarjung are one of the biggest franchises in the NCR.

To put it in perspective, for my Ciaz, I have got it serviced in three cities. It's not a Toyota-like wow experience but it has been an acceptable one everywhere.
Old 27th January 2021, 11:27   #125
BHPian

Guys, had a word with someone very close to me who works for KIA. He said the issue is being dealt with utter seriousness and the dealership is being questioned at multiple levels. This is one of those kind of issues which will reinforce some strict measures.

The customer issues will be dealt appropriately and as per his satisfaction.

Hope things get better here.
Mickey1986 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 11:34   #126

I have an experience which I can closely relate to. The USB port(Android auto one) on My Marazoo was damaged from day 1. No matter what, I could not insert the USB cable in the port.

I followed up for 6 months for replacement. Everytime I called them, I used to get a standard answer stating that the part has been ordered. After my second service I gave a strong negative feedback when Mahindra guys called for a review. The dealer promptly asked me to come with a vehicle about 8 days later which I did. And not to be surprised, the part wasn't available.

So the dealer had the audacity to get that USB assembly from a brand new parked vehicle and swap it with mine. I was speechless!
wankhade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 11:52   #127
BHPian

Two or three oversmart cheats at one service centre are ruining KIA's reputation with these kind of stupid acts.

KIA must get to the bottom of this issue quickly, fire those involved and replace whatever needs to be replaced for the customer.

This is just bad luck for KIA and the customer!. Nothing much can be done. The whole world does not consist of 100% authentic and honest people.
Old 27th January 2021, 12:43   #128
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Kia is the fastest manufacturer to sell 2 lakh cars in India: just now read this news & I also read this news about malpractice done by this Kia dealer named Frontier Kia.

The reply received from Kia India on the complaint is not so strong. Kia should be very serious on such pathetic acts done by their dealer.

This is one of the worst cases of cheating. I can feel the pain of that owner.

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th January 2021 at 17:16.
Old 27th January 2021, 16:07   #129
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankhade View Post
So the dealer had the audacity to get that USB assembly from a brand new parked vehicle and swap it with mine. I was speechless!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey1986 View Post
He said the issue is being dealt with utter seriousness and the dealership is being questioned at multiple levels. This is one of those kind of issues which will reinforce some strict measures.
Seeing the post above yours and also reading other experiences, I think this is a systemic issue with Indian dealerships. Either they are not getting replacement parts for free (which they should if the vehicle is faulty) or the manufacturer provides them a quota type thing for each part and once they cross that no freebies.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 17:04   #130
BHPian

Tariq would like to thank you all for your support. There is also an update in this matter.

Quote:
Yes got a call today from director of frontier kia and area sales head, they gave me time till 27th but now saying due to farmer protest their consignment got stuck somewhere near border. So now they are asking me to give them my car so that they can replace its infotainment unit with a brand new car and also they are offering me 2 totally free services i.e. in 2nd and 3rd service they wont charge any amount. But i am still adamant that they should replace my car with a brand new as i have already suffered a lot. They said it is not possible to replace the car

They are now offering me some convenience plan for 4 years or 40k kms
He is unsure on what to do now, and asked me for advice. I have 0 clue on how to deal with things like this, as I'm yet to own my first car myself. So I asked him and decided to post here, to see what you folks think.

DP
DeathPig is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 17:16   #131
BHPian

It is a no brainer really. Just get the infotainment system replaced with a brand new one (confirm it is brand new) and whatever other goodies they are offering (written confirmation) and enjoy the car.
Old 27th January 2021, 17:17   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
He is unsure on what to do now, and asked me for advice. I have 0 clue on how to deal with things like this, as I'm yet to own my first car myself. So I asked him and decided to post here, to see what you folks think.

DP
In addition to what has been offered by KIA, ask him to get the scratched dashboard trim replaced. Also a formal apology letter from KIA should be demanded.
beast_within is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 17:31   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what you folks think.
DP
1. Get a new infotainment unit which is added in records and VIN matched to his car with relevant warranty.
Didn't he mention that the 2nd unit wasn't VIN matched so wasn't usable ?

2. What about the dashboard ?

On a side note what happened to his original unit which was swapped with the test car ?
I have a feeling they're trying to put it back.
Also, has Kia contacted him at all or its just the dealer ?

He has waited long enough and suffered quite a bit. if he accepts this he will either have the stolen unit put back or a new one but with scratches on the dashboard.
If he gets a new unit and they fix/replace the dashboard too along with the free services and stuff, he can think about it.

Agree with others that in this case the dealership is cheating both the customer and Kia.
Hoping they didn't steal something else, Kia has to get its act together, this case's resolution will show that.

Good Luck Gentlemen

Last edited by shancz : 27th January 2021 at 17:43. Reason: formatting
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 17:34   #134

Quote:
Tariq would like to thank you all for your support. There is also an update in this matter.

DP

I think no dealer will replace it with a new car. Since it is not a mechanical or some serious Engine problem.
I think the best way to approach is to take the new infotainment system from the new car and ensure that the replacement takes place in front of the customer.
Also take up whatever freebies they are giving it in writing. Also get a guarantee from the dealership that such fraud does not happen again in writing.
Also very important is to get an Assurance from KIA that such things will handled from the company side in a more serious manner.

I think this should do it for him. But he has the opportunity to push for more advantages from the dealership.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 27th January 2021 at 17:36. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
Eco_Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 17:44   #135
BHPian

I dont think they will agree to replacing with a new car. As for these service charge related offers, ask him to get it in writing.

Since you are saying, it requires VIN match, is it that they forgot to update something related to it? (I mean when they replaced it with a supposedly new one) . Had they done it properly, it would have gone unnoticed?
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed