Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you buy an ex-demo car at a discounted price?
Yes 62 10.63%
No 521 89.37%
Voters: 583. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2021, 10:47   #61
BHPian

Re: Bought a Honda Amaze CVT Diesel demo car | Innumerable problems | Now what?

I would buy the display car (the one inside the showroom for demo purposes) and a BIG NO for the Test Drive vehicle. Atleast the display car doesn't suffer the engine abuse except for those abuses by little kids banging the doors!
Aravind_M92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 12:46   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Car bought on 2 February 2020 - Manufactured in May 2018

Shall share my perception. I bought a used Honda City that had merely done 25k in 4 Years was a lovely car to drive. I would say I was not cheated though my car did show small sign of rust marks when I bought.

However, let me share the sobbing story from the day I bought. Dropped car for paid service it came back with big rusted bullet holes after the washing. (FYI Bangalore used car so no exposure to moist or sea coast environment)

Lesson were as follows:

1. Honda body is very low in quality and can start showing up rust in no time if you park in open, wash car with hardwater everyday especially when car washing guys splashing the car with water, as though they are giving bath to cattle (This was the case of my car by previous owner)

2. The paint quality is so low that few rubbing and wax coats would start showing paint under coat.

Though I love Honda, specially city. I would not recommend if both the above conditions is in which you would use your car.

Finally sold to a dealer since rusted cars never revive.

Last edited by ampere : 29th January 2021 at 14:48. Reason: trimmed quoted post
monster2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 13:16   #63

A big No to purchasing demo vehicles even though I purchased a Demo Daewoo Matiz myself in year 2000 as my first car. It was more of a financial decision as I was just out of school and my parents weren't agreeing for me to use a 2 wheeler. Daewoo showroom in my town as owned by Dad's friend and he offered this particular car at a throwaway price with a warning that the showroom is going to be shut in couple of months. But was provided with the service and didn't face any issue at all with the vehicle. I had a good experience only because of these factors otherwise I have seen friends and known going through hell buying a Demo vehicle. And if someone has to buy one for financial reasons then need to be extra cautious with the inspections before finalizing the deal
Old 29th January 2021, 14:15   #64
BHPian

One of the easiest polls I voted for. Despite of being quite vigilant on all my prior car purchases I have had bad experiences with dealers. I am not even comfortable buying pre owned cars as it requires even more due diligence and even then you can be taken for a ride. Peace of mind is paramount for me and I usually don't sell my cars before 10 years so I cannot even think of buying a demo car in my distant dream as well.
Old 30th January 2021, 00:42   #65
BHPian

A demo car is a used car. Not just any used car. Probably abused car. Was the car bought without even seeing it or test driving it ?
Old 31st January 2021, 19:36   #66

We are going through a similar experience.

We bought a brand new 2021 manufactured HONDA AMAZE VX AT Diesel and as many on this forum had recommended, took it for tyre upgrade next morning. And there was rust on link rod, control arm and break parts (pic attached). What do you recommend we should do!?

Best
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a Honda Amaze CVT Diesel demo car | Innumerable problems | Now what?-img_7900.jpg  

Bought a Honda Amaze CVT Diesel demo car | Innumerable problems | Now what?-img_7901.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks