Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2021, 09:02   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Cancelled Magnite booking at Youwe Nissan, Delhi | Refund cheque dishonoured | EDIT: Matter solved

EDIT: Matter resolved - Update here

We all know Nissan dealership experiences are in the pits, but they keep taking things to even lower levels! Meet any Nissan owner (yours truly included) and you'll hear one sob story after another. You must also read BHPian akg7091's ordeal while buying a Magnite.

Now, Devender Vats shares his bitter experience with other enthusiasts via this page!

Quote:
Sir,

I am a regular visitor to Team-BHP and have gained a lot from the experiences shared by auto experts and enthusiasts on the website.

I would like to share my experience with a Nissan Magnite booking and hope it would be beneficial to others.

I booked a Magnite XE with the assurance from dealer (Youwe Nissan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi) to get it delivered by March 2021. However, when mails started rolling to the customers, I was told the vehicle would be delivered "after July 2021". When I contacted the dealership, they said that XE cannot be provided and another vehicle could be provided only if I upgrade the booking to the top variants. Obviously, since that was a U-turn from their original promise and I did not want to spend about Rs. 8 lakhs on a vehicle equipped with a 1.0L engine, I submitted my request for cancelling the booking and refund of the booking amount.

After regular chasing and about three weeks later, I was provided with a refund cheque of Rs. 11,000/-. When I deposited the cheque in my bank account, to my utmost surprise, it was dishonoured. I contacted the dealership again, which advised me to present the cheque again. The cheque bounced again and cheque return charges were also deducted by the bank.

Thereafter, I have been constantly chasing the dealer asking them to transfer the amount directly to my account. Even after providing all the details & them promising each day that it would be done by the evening, I have not received the refund amount till now.

Since I foresee some misadventure and bad intention from the dealer as they are continuously making excuses, I would like to share this with all. It would be really helpful if someone from your team could provide me the details of some Nissan officials with whom I can take up this issue.

Thanking you

Devender Vats

Last edited by GTO : 11th March 2021 at 19:44.
GTO is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 09:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Cancelled Magnite booking at Youwe Nissan, Delhi | Refund cheque dishonoured | EDIT: Matter solved

I haven't been able to compile the stats, can anyone compile the stats to see if these kind of dealership woes mostly concentrated at NCR region or nationwide? Or what's the ratio of such events between NCR & Financial Capital? If it's just DL, then there has to be certainly some reasons other than money.
aargee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 09:13   #3
BHPian

re: Cancelled Magnite booking at Youwe Nissan, Delhi | Refund cheque dishonoured | EDIT: Matter solved

A cheque bouncing is a serious jailable offence. He should do the typical tweet, email, post on fb dance while preparing for a court complaint simultaneously.
https://www.helplinelaw.com/employme...unce-case.html
Iyencar is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 09:15   #4
BHPian

Very unfortunate incident, but clearly a fraud by the dealership. The gentleman should just simply walk into the nearest police station and file a cheating and cheque bounce complaint against the dealership. Another alternative is to file an online complaint in the consumer forum, heard decisions are quick these days. The gentleman can get compensation as well in addition to the refund.

Last edited by rahulananda : 9th March 2021 at 09:27. Reason: Typo
rahulananda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 09:27   #5
BHPian

Nissan have themselves to blame for the hole they have dug into, no good dealers will take up the franchise as there is no long term vision/surety of what will come next. Dealerships are very captial intensive venture.

So what we are left with is such 2nd class experience.

There is only so much of goodwill a capable and VFM vehicle like Magnite can generate.

I personally am aware of multiple people in my circle who have dropped Magnite from the purchase option due to aftersale worries. (I too have have moved to FNG 2 years back)

- Nissan owner

Last edited by SideView : 9th March 2021 at 09:31. Reason: Removing unwanted lines
SideView is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 09:40   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Since the dealership has given a cheque, the buyer is kind of on a safe side. Cheque bounces are considered a very serious crime and he can approach the law.

I'm sure the dealership knows this too, and are just trying to buy some time.
dhanushs is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 09:47   #7
BHPian

He need to approach Nissan through customer care email, may be with some delay but eventually they will reply and copy the dealership management. I have received the 11k refund although with some delay
castiel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 17:33   #8
BHPian

I had similar experience with Ford when they were unable to deliver me Aspire AT for 6 months and then I cancelled the booking. They took another two months just to give me the cheque after innumerable calls and reminders.
nisshith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 17:43   #9
BHPian

A cheque bounce case is a serious crime and is fairly straightforward in the sense that you, as the victim, are at a significant advantage legally.

Send a legal notice to the dealer to pay up or face legal ramifications.
Be careful and preserve both cheques that have bounced.

If you don't get a response soon from the dealer, file a case.
The case may drag on but be rest assured that ultimately the decision will be in your favour. You can even ask for legal expenses at the end of it all.

I repeat, don't be afraid to take this up in court. The law is heavily skewed in your favour.
veedub89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 17:51   #10
BHPian

+1 on filing FIR. Don't worry about legal notice. You have to cough up lawyers expense which is more money down the drain.

Just walk into your nearest police station and file a complaint. The dealer would come running to settle it as getting into legal / police tussle is not worth it for INR 11K. If you have not visited a police station before and are apprehensive, figure out in your relatives or friends circle if some one is in police job, ask them to call up the police station or even better visit with you.

The dealer will come running to get a peace of paper from you that says " I have got my money and issue no-objection to close this case" post paying you the money.
charanreddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 17:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

It's very simple. If a cheque bounces, it's a punishable offence. The buyer can take it in writing from the bank that the cheque bounced and file a police complaint. These cases do not take long to get resolved in the courts. He should file an FIR in my opinion. That is when the showrooms will understand the time and energy it requires to sort these kind of issues.
Raghu M is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 18:04   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad stuff, and equally sad to see how dealers have fallen of grace to be doing scams for an amount of 11,000 rupees. It is downright horrific the way they are treating a customer who had actually pledged to buy a Nissan car.

Nissan has a chance to set an example here, they should not only punish the dealer in someway, but also compensate the customer. If they don't take action now, it will be too late, as other may follow suit. They might have got a good car finally, but it's instances like this that will keep away so many people from entering the showrooms. The victim in such case should make all the noise he can, specially online, and he has started from the right place here.
AtheK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 18:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

I can feel your pain as I was treated in a similar manner by a Nexa dealer in Panchkula. They overcharged me by Rs18,700/- and then made me chase them to get a refund. The salesman also told me once that he has left the job at that dealership when actually he didn’t. It was after speaking a bit tough that they gave me my money back.

I realize that I also wasted money in giving him a gift (parker pen + parker keychain) at the time of delivery btw. He simply didn’t deserve it. No more gifts to any dealership person ever.

Just keep patience. Send mail to dealership and Nissan for one final time. Else it would be a good idea to approach police station and file a complaint.
PaddleShifter is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 18:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

I don't trust the judicial system or the law enforcement anymore.

It'll be better if you name and shame the dealership in one forum at a time while threatening them at every stage. Or just go spend 2 hours on a Saturday and shoo out every other customer by telling them your experience. Pretty sure they'll pay back in cash after an hour or two.

Last edited by Turbohead : 9th March 2021 at 18:18.
Turbohead is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 18:24   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Nissan have themselves to blame for the hole they have dug into, no good dealers will take up the franchise as there is no long term vision/surety of what will come next. Dealerships are very captial intensive venture.

So what we are left with is such 2nd class experience.

There is only so much of goodwill a capable and VFM vehicle like Magnite can generate.

I personally am aware of multiple people in my circle who have dropped Magnite from the purchase option due to aftersale worries. (I too have have moved to FNG 2 years back)

- Nissan owner
I am using a Datsun and I am really happy with the service . More happy than my Maruti and Hyundai service. May be sheer luck.
Steer-safe is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks