Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2007, 12:20   #31
BANNED

You should take this matter to MUL everybody is with you. You should not let anybody treat you like that. You're the customer and you rule. Please take it up with MUL and you deserve an apology.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:32   #32
BHPian

I have to agree with what everyone is saying. Report it to MUL, they are quite serious about things like this. Such arrogance and contempt for the customer deserves to be checked and in this case the man needs to be fired no less. Its ok to say he can't estimate how long it would take and that it could take up to 3 hours, but to say the things he did!!!!! simply unpardonable.
Aside, I have owned an Esteem and a Zen and both have been serviced by Mandovi. They really took care of my car and the service levels were excellent, be it mechnical issues or PR. I would suggest you go to them. I can't wait for my new Swift DDi.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:35   #33
Team-BHP Support

There is Mandovi Motors on the same road who give excellent service, don't ever go to Sagar anymore.

But do email this conversation and this thread to Maruti Udyog. They should know what kind of people represent them.
Old 6th May 2007, 12:40   #34
BHPian

2 things

There are two things here...
1) Attending to your ECM replacement
2) Escalating the *** way of handling, day of events to MUL.

For 1) I suggest, assuming there will be atleast more than 1 car which would have got the ECM replacmenet letter... go to Mandovi Service centre and show them the ECM letter and enquire if there are more shift Diesels involved and what is the reason... Can they replace it there for you instead of Bimal ?

I feel Mandovi chaps are atleast approchable enough to get things clarified, because once I was so unsatisfied with them for service, next day they allowed me inside the workshop while they worked on my car. They are quite approachable. However I decided to stick with them, they have scored excellent rating from me, in 7/9 times I have been there in last 2.5 yrs.

Trust me, my advice would be to focus on point 1 first. Get your vehicle in good share before anything untoward happens due to corrupt ECM. It could be a simple as bad batch of fab. Or a simple higher voltage variation in the IC.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 6th May 2007 at 12:43.
Old 6th May 2007, 13:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
In the meanwhile, should the ECM replacement be carried out only with Sagar? Because I received the recall letter from Sagar and not from MUL and I left the letter with the service personnel today. Will other dealerships replace the ECM for the car sold by Sagar?

Vishnu
Take this to the highest possible stage & pleaseeeee do not take your car to sagar again. find another dealer as suggested by samurai.
Old 7th May 2007, 13:26   #36
Team-BHP Support

Such a pity that its people like these who bring down the brand name, and leave a bitter taste when it comes it A>S>S. Vishnu, as the others pointed out, make sure the hot shots at MUL are made aware of this, and check out with Mandovi or even Bimal if they would undertake the ECU replacement for you.

Irony is that just some time back, you were on Cloud 9 regarding the after sales experience you were having, and soon enough, you are being made to change your opinion.
Old 7th May 2007, 14:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you write a strong complaint to MUL against this GM and his attitude.

Let me narrate my experience with Easvari Motors (P) Ltd. - MASS located in Annanagar, Chennai.

I had a squeaky clutch pedal and when i approached them, they did not even drive the car to see what the issue was.... they did not even sit in the car and press the clutch pedal. One joker opened the hood, checked the locknut on the caliper and said locknut is ok... clutch fingers and gearbox needs replacement.

I was aghast. i had rarely driven hard and my ride was only 35000 kms run. He said the replacement can be done after 2000 kms and there was no hurry.

I was leaving to blore the next day and i confirmed with the techinician (if i can call him that) if the car can be driven and he said it was just fine.

forget 2000 kms, hardly into blore, my clutch cable snapped and luckily for the bangy boys i was able to get help from the Maruti breakdown service, who promptly replaced the clutch cable in 20 mins flat.

On my return to chennai, i called the maruti toll free and complained. Did not even write a letter.

Few days later another dealer (Kapico) called me, saying they received my complaint from MUL and they assured me that they would not disappoint me... and they havent. I gave them my car for minor jobs and they kept their word.

So first of all, call the toll free and complain. Next write a letter and link this thread on to it.

They WILL take action. I hope that GM is taken to task.

P.S. Try RNS or Mandovi in bangalore. they are very good. If u need help with mandovi, lemme know. We have bought cars from them for the last 15 yrs and the owner is also my dad's good friend.
Old 7th May 2007, 14:16   #38
Team-BHP Support

A very bad experience indeed.

Try another service station. Just confirm with Maruti if you can carry out the replacement at RNS or Mandovi service. Tell them you do not want to get any more service from Sagar.

About taking the GM to task, I am sure I would have made his life a big mess if he ever spoke to me like that.
Old 7th May 2007, 15:00   #39
BHPian

Response from MUL

Hi Friends,

As suggested by everyone I escallated the issue to MUL regional office in Bangalore.

I was politely received and Mr. Venkat who heads the Service division in Bangalore took up the issue. He dealt with Anil Rao and team in this regard and the result - I got a call and mail from Anil Rao with a deep regret note for what has happened. He also assured that such things would never happen in future and promised a prompt service henceforth.

Venkat also apologized for the experience with MUL dealership and requested me to continue the service with Sagar.

I hope Anil Rao buys the message out of the event on how to deal with customers.

I'm thinking of giving Sagar another chance as a courtesy to Venkat, what do you guys think.

Vishnu
Old 7th May 2007, 15:19   #40
Team-BHP Support

I wouldn't have gone to Sagar after this experience. I would fear a revenge action by the GM on my car.
Old 7th May 2007, 15:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

That is maruti . i doubt if Honda or TATA would have done this in this speed, if at all they do.
cheers
Old 7th May 2007, 15:25   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
I'm thinking of giving Sagar another chance as a courtesy to Venkat, what do you guys think.

Vishnu
I actually feel that'll be a good idea; with this Anil Rao having tasted bile that he couldnt spit out. I feel they'll actually go out of their way now to satisfy you.

In fact, with you having the moral upper-hand now, I'd rub that in with this Anil person if I were you and have him do your bidding the way you want it. To see him wiggle haplessly and do your bidding would be the ultimate satisfaction now.

Last edited by theMAG : 7th May 2007 at 15:29.
Old 7th May 2007, 15:28   #43
Team-BHP Support

Maggie is right there....
You could approach Sagar for the ECU replacement, and once done, move on to some other dealer.
Old 7th May 2007, 15:36   #44
BHPian

Most showrooms treat you like God, when you get in with an intention of buying a car. When I had been to the same Sagar people, a year back, they kept me waiting. I got so frustrated and left, Finally I bought the car from Mandovi, real good service and no problems what so ever till date. Please take it up with MUL, and its a shame on the GM to act this way. It spoils MULs image as a whole.
Old 7th May 2007, 15:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Mr. vishnu where u stay?, if you are near silk board, goto suraksha meet Mr. lokesh, i will go here from mathikere[23km's-north part of b'lore] to get very good service from MASS, just quote TBHP forum or my name, or speed sathya. he will be happy to serve you better..
Add my name too.... it can work out wonders as well...

Abhijit

Most Viewed