Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2007, 17:15   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
When I had been to the same Sagar people, a year back, they kept me waiting. I got so frustrated and lef
i also faced the same problem from advaith hyundai motors when i went to enquire about the car. finally went and bought the car in trident hyundai . *** in trident is good (i think so as this is my first car and tirdent is the only dealer with whom i have dealt with).. At least maruti car owners are lucky.. they can opt from so many showrooms and ***...
Old 7th May 2007, 18:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

Did not have the time to go thru the whole thread - a little busy at work.

Anyway, read about the shoddy attitude of the service centre. It is damn easy to teach them a lesson. Try getting one of those MUL feedback forms which they usually give you to fill after you have done a service with them. You could maybe get it from some other dealer also.

Fill it up, rate them on the 1-10 scale according to what u experienced, give details in the Notes section. Post it to the MUL address mentioned in it. Wait & see the guy come grovelling at your feet.

And this is no joke. I rated my service centre (with whom I am very happy) as 9 of 10 for a few points (did not think a 10/10 needs to be given unless it is kind of out of the way service). Seems that MUL pulled that guy up and he was at my office offering me free this, free that etc. And that was for a 9/10 rating. Imagine what effect a lower rating will have.
Old 7th May 2007, 18:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

you can try this email addresses
jagdish.khattar@maruti.co.in,
kkumar@maruti.co.in,

Here is an experience of a customer after writing to these addresses:
Quote:
i had put in my car for serivce. But to my utter dismay the car was totally messed up.
-The A/C was not working (it was ok prior to service).
-There was brake fluid stains all over the bonnet. (upon request got the reply that it cant be removed) PS. The car is White colour.
-The front carpet was soaked with brake fluid

In the end none of the problems taken care of properly i got the car.
-just on the drive back found to my shock .. the engine fan was also not working.
I was totally dissapointed withe the poor quality service i got, that too from a so called DEALER SERVICE CENTRE.

This prompted me to write to Mr Jagdish Khattar.
The response I got was amazing. The service manager of the dealership was at my doorstep the very next day.And all the problems were taken care of promptly.

The whole fender was painted, the complete A/C wiring was replaced, and even the front carpet was replaced..needless to say , free of cost..I was really impressed the way in which MARUTI takes care of customer grievances.
http://*******.com/2ogeaq
Please note that the link is password protected. You will have to be registered with the site to view the article
Old 7th May 2007, 19:24   #49
BHPian

Service Horror Story At Sagar Auto

Usually I give my car for service at Bimal Auto. I have been doing that for last 4 years and have been fairly satisfied with the service they provided. Last month when my Baleno was due for its first paid service, I felt lazy to drive all the way to whitefield. instead I thought I will try out Sagar Automobiles which is next door to my office.

The difference was obvious from the moment the service engineer started to fill in the job card. At Bimal, it is obvious to you that they are following a well defined process - regardless of who is attending your car, there used to be a process they follow, but at Sagar I did not think they had any pre defined process. They simply asked me the complaints and filled in the card. They told me they would do a wheel balancing apart from the regular stuff, I agreed. The total estimated charges was around Rs.1200. I thought it was decent. He asked me to come and collect the car next evening.

So the next evening, I went there at around 5:00PM and asked for the car. The person at the counter called one service person and asked about it. Soon after, the service person came out from the shop floor, and told me that they are having some trouble with the car, and they will not be able to give it that day. Naturally, I was upset. So I started asking questions, then he offered to take me to the car. On the shop floor, I found my car hoisted on some kind of a platform, and one mechanic vigourously power-drilling into my Rs.25000 alloy wheel! I was shocked. The service supervisor explained "Sir we are not able to remove this wheel, looks like the previous place where you did the service have over-tightened it, now the screw-head is damaged, only way we can remove this (and remove the wheel) is by using a lathe and drilling this out"

I dont buy this ’over tightening theory’. I concluded that some unskilled mechanic used a wrong sized wrench to unscrew, and damaged the edges of the bolt, and since the bolt is not protruding out because of my alloy wheel, they are not able to remove it. I did fight with those folks, but I realized I do not many options. I returned that day without my car.

to cut the story short - I got my car back the next evening. I immediately checked the front right side alloy wheel, and was happy that not much damage was done to it. I paid Rs.2450 service charges (almost double the estimated cost) and drove back.

I realized that none of the problems I had mentioned to the service engineer has been attended to. After a couple of weeks, I had a flat tyre. I opened the trunk and got the spare wheel out , and was shocked to see that the alloy on which they did all the drilling was there, they had taken out the spare wheel, fixed it so that i do not see the damage when I take the car from service. The alloy was really damaged by the drilling.
Old 7th May 2007, 19:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

Ver sad to hear that GS300 , that would have been a big heart ache to you .
Did u call them and ask what about the alloy wheel ,will they compensate for the damage or something . We need to print these in daily news papers so that ppl are aware of such B****rds .

Last edited by black12rr : 7th May 2007 at 19:39.
Old 7th May 2007, 20:21   #51
BHPian

Experience after the event

Friends,

I finally decided to give the car to Sagar.

Sagar service advisors called me and requested me to get the ECM replaced. They promptly picked the car at 3:30 PM by sending their executive. Their customer service executive called me, gave an update about the work in progress and then delivered the car at 5:00 PM.

The ECU was replaced and the driver produced the invoice for that, apart from that the car was spic and span, cleaned and well polished like new.

Their service advisor Natesh went to an extra mile by giving a follow up call to take the feedback about the service.

I definitely have to admit that the service this time and the work done was very impressive. I hope they continue to extend such a clean and neat service in future to me and to others.

Vishnu
Old 7th May 2007, 20:30   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope they continue to extend such a clean and neat service in future to me and to others.
Good that things have worked well for you vishnu.Don't be optimistic and go back there, honestly try a different service station.
Old 7th May 2007, 21:46   #53
BHPian

Maruti dealer service stinks these days!!

@Vishnu.. you know something?!!! This happens in almost every Maruti dealer/service places these days!! and.... Maruti is running short of men and mantra to curb this country wide menace! Am sure you won't be a happy maruti-ian untill you find a very good and competant 'MASS' guy in your town! Never ever take the car to dealer service again!! In the first place..they don't know anything bout service engg!!... you won't be happy even if you go there for a "plug and play" work!! Thatz the status of maruti dealer service guys these days!
I too had very bad experiance from the dealer service from where I brought my car. Funniest part is that the "Territory Service Manager"(maruti appointed) here doesn't know the differance between Swift LXi, VXi and ZXi!!! I had to teach him bout the differance in tyre sizes, tyre pressures, exterior / interior differances between the models!! I gave up talking to him when I realised that he is a big mo*ron!! Gud 4 nothing!! Infact... the truth is that... these guys are helpless!!!! coz thatz how maruti have layed out thier style of work!! They are pressurised to "push" the issue out of thier territory!! Gud ethics eh?!!

I too have send several mails to almost every known email id's of Maruti Customer care and Service.... NO RESPONSE!!! Then send several reminders!!!! even then therez NO RESPONSE!!! So I wud say to avoid them fully and spread the word in all possible and known way so that atleast friends/relatives will be saved from these kinda frustrating moments!

I now take my car to MASS only! No more dealer service for my car! Very Happy!

Forget the episode and drive-on!!
Old 7th May 2007, 22:20   #54
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs300
I dont buy this ’over tightening theory’.
Learn to .. Because its possible ..
Old 7th May 2007, 23:26   #55
BHPian

Good to hear Vishnu and am glad your replacement was taken care of. However, their politeness is only because you escalated the issue to a much higher level and their jobs were on the line. A leopard doesn't change its spots and its highly unlikely they will extend the same courtesy to you the next time. I would suggest you go to a different service station in the future. The last thing you want is an incompetent moron working on your pride and joy and reducing it to a means of travel rather than a extension of yourself.

Kartik
Old 8th May 2007, 03:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS300 View Post
After a couple of weeks, I had a flat tyre. I opened the trunk and got the spare wheel out , and was shocked to see that the alloy on which they did all the drilling was there, they had taken out the spare wheel, fixed it so that i do not see the damage when I take the car from service. The alloy was really damaged by the drilling.
This is terrible man. Much worse than what Vishnu went through. I'd be in tears if I saw someone drilling into my alloys. I suggest you take this up to MUL and demand compensation. Its one thing to have an odd complaint here and there, but when they start piling up you know there is a bad apple in the basket.

That bolt could have atleast been loosened by heating rather the drilling.

Last edited by Mpower : 8th May 2007 at 03:16.
Old 8th May 2007, 09:18   #57
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
its highly unlikely they will extend the same courtesy to you the next time.
Kartik
Well , it could turn out to be the other way too .. I too was at the receiving end of some pathetic customer service .. After taking it up with the top brass at MUL today I can consider myself as one of the most valuable customers to RNS .. Invites to car launches personally by the top brass , early deliveries to cars belonging to family and friends , excellent service tabs , apart from amazing discounts and a few favours .. You are treated like royalty .. Though the officials have to be down to earth for this .. From what I have heard about this Mr.Anil Rao surely needs to be thought a lesson on how to respect his customers .. Or maybe you ought disrespect him the way he disrespects his customers ..
Old 8th May 2007, 09:36   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
This is terrible man. Much worse than what Vishnu went through. I'd be in tears if I saw someone drilling into my alloys. I suggest you take this up to MUL and demand compensation. Its one thing to have an odd complaint here and there, but when they start piling up you know there is a bad apple in the basket.

That bolt could have atleast been loosened by heating rather the drilling.

Thats a terrible terrible thing to happen. If they did not have the expertise to loosen a 'over tight' nut, they should have presented the problem to you & accepted their inefficiency. Like was said by Mpower, this is certainly worse than what vishnu has gone through. please take it up with them & make sure they give you a replacement. If a replacement is not available, they should replace the entire set. What brand is the alloys ?
Old 8th May 2007, 09:52   #59
Team-BHP Support

Looks like quite a few skeletons are beginning to pour out of the closets with regards to how the dealers take customers for a ride.

@GS300 : One lazy day, and now a damaged alloy wheel. How long ago was this? I shall definitely ask my friends to stay away from Sagar. I think you need to send a grievance mail regarding this to the Maruti top rank, they would look into it. But for all you know, the guys at Sagar would go ahead and say that the alloy was not damaged by them.
Old 8th May 2007, 09:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

Is this sagar auto on the service lane of Hosur Road, left side while coming from hosur ?

Most Viewed