Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2007, 10:22   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
I finally decided to give the car to Sagar.

Sagar service advisors called me and requested me to get the ECM replaced. They promptly picked the car at 3:30 PM by sending their executive. Their customer service executive called me, gave an update about the work in progress and then delivered the car at 5:00 PM.
Okay, I am late. I think it was a bad idea to head back to the same place.
Be aware that there are many parts which a service guy can replace without you knowing about it. A bad guy is a bad guy anyday and they do have reason to take on you.
Quote:
The ECU was replaced and the driver produced the invoice for that, apart from that the car was spic and span, cleaned and well polished like new.
Vishnu
Isn't it possible to see whether the serial on the ECU matches that on your invoice?

Can someone confirm? I thought the ECU serial and the engine number/chassis number would be tracked together by the manufacturer. So if there is a replacement, that needs to be mentioned on your service manual too?
Old 8th May 2007, 10:26   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Is this sagar auto on the service lane of Hosur Road, left side while coming from hosur ?
nope thats RNS hosur road branch, i have given my car their today and i never knew they had it running for 4 years, its a small set up but claims to have all facilities.

will be posting feedback soon.
Old 8th May 2007, 11:06   #63
BHPian

Well all you had to do was to be a little more patient vishnu even though you know sometimes that people re trying to take you for a ride and yes these delays are because of stupid infastructure that we have every where be it service stations banks airports offices and even hospitals man i have seen a guy bleeing with a woulnd and doctor saying i ll take 5 minutes as i am giving stitches to the other patient so keep a cloth on your wound till then and hold it

But that is not the real problem the real problem that you couldnt find out was either this GM was recently released from a Mental asylum or may be he had terrible fight with his wife at home or may be his children are doing dope cause other wise no one dares treats customer like this not even a bi cycle customer forget about the swift you re right on you way many complain any where you can maruti to khattar also send a copy or may be news papers web sites blogs what ever

You re 100 % right on you place and there can be no denying
Old 8th May 2007, 11:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
@Vishnu.. you know something?!!! This happens in almost every Maruti dealer/service places these days!! and.... Maruti is running short of men and mantra to curb this country wide menace! Am sure you won't be a happy maruti-ian untill you find a very good and competant 'MASS' guy in your town! Never ever take the car to dealer service again!! In the first place..they don't know anything bout service engg!!... you won't be happy even if you go there for a "plug and play" work!! Thatz the status of maruti dealer service guys these days!
I too had very bad experiance from the dealer service from where I brought my car. Funniest part is that the "Territory Service Manager"(maruti appointed) here doesn't know the differance between Swift LXi, VXi and ZXi!!! I had to teach him bout the differance in tyre sizes, tyre pressures, exterior / interior differances between the models!! I gave up talking to him when I realised that he is a big mo*ron!! Gud 4 nothing!! Infact... the truth is that... these guys are helpless!!!! coz thatz how maruti have layed out thier style of work!! They are pressurised to "push" the issue out of thier territory!! Gud ethics eh?!!

I too have send several mails to almost every known email id's of Maruti Customer care and Service.... NO RESPONSE!!! Then send several reminders!!!! even then therez NO RESPONSE!!! So I wud say to avoid them fully and spread the word in all possible and known way so that atleast friends/relatives will be saved from these kinda frustrating moments!

I now take my car to MASS only! No more dealer service for my car! Very Happy!

Forget the episode and drive-on!!
I thought they had specially trained folks to sell the Swift. And all along I was wondering if that helped in getting the record sales consistently
Old 8th May 2007, 11:21   #65
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Friends,

As suggested by everyone I escallated the issue to MUL regional office in Bangalore.

I was politely received and Mr. Venkat who heads the Service division in Bangalore took up the issue. He dealt with Anil Rao and team in this regard and the result - I got a call and mail from Anil Rao with a deep regret note for what has happened. He also assured that such things would never happen in future and promised a prompt service henceforth.

Venkat also apologized for the experience with MUL dealership and requested me to continue the service with Sagar.

I hope Anil Rao buys the message out of the event on how to deal with customers.

I'm thinking of giving Sagar another chance as a courtesy to Venkat, what do you guys think.

Vishnu
Quote:
Quote:
Friends,

I finally decided to give the car to Sagar.

Sagar service advisors called me and requested me to get the ECM replaced. They promptly picked the car at 3:30 PM by sending their executive. Their customer service executive called me, gave an update about the work in progress and then delivered the car at 5:00 PM.

The ECU was replaced and the driver produced the invoice for that, apart from that the car was spic and span, cleaned and well polished like new.

Their service advisor Natesh went to an extra mile by giving a follow up call to take the feedback about the service.

I definitely have to admit that the service this time and the work done was very impressive. I hope they continue to extend such a clean and neat service in future to me and to others.

Vishnu
Glad to know that things worked out for you, Vishnu. I am sure you are satisfied with the end result and hope that the arrogant Mr. Anil Rao had his rear end on fire. Thats no way to talk to a customer.
Old 9th May 2007, 22:02   #66
BHPian

Alternative dealerships

Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot for the inputs on trying out alternate dealerships.

I was trying to shotlist the ones in 5 km radius from house (BTM layout)...RNS, Hosur Rd is one. I was also told Pratham Motors tops the JD Survery reports. Any ideas?

Vishnu
Old 9th May 2007, 22:31   #67
Team-BHP Support

about RNS hosur check my long term post
Old 11th May 2007, 15:45   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot for the inputs on trying out alternate dealerships.

I was trying to shotlist the ones in 5 km radius from house (BTM layout)...RNS, Hosur Rd is one. I was also told Pratham Motors tops the JD Survery reports. Any ideas?

Vishnu
I have been servicing my car at Pratham Motors in Ring Road opp. to Intel. I wouldnt say I am "completely" satisfied with their work, but after hearing all these shocking news, I think they are fine..atleast from my experience till date (..touchwood )
Old 11th June 2007, 13:05   #69
Senior - BHPian

I am going to Mandovi on Bannerghatta Road close to Shopper Stop. Good outfit. They are very professional in dealing with your problems.
Old 20th June 2007, 11:01   #70
BHPian

I have to file a complaint against sagar automobiles.

I paid 4k for paid service of swift and didnt check under the bonnet at the time of taking delivery. After 2 months when I open the bonnet to replinish the windshield wash fluid, i get a shock in seeing the coolant nearing the low level- whereas as per the manual, it has to be replaced.

I went to sagar auto on a weekday, explained everything politely, and spent 50 minutes listening to "5 minutes saar, 5 minutes saar". I then walked out saying that it was my mistake to come here, I will purchase coolant from outside and top it up myself.

No longer confident of what all they have done (did they top up other things like gear oil which is difficult to check), am planning to take my car to another MASS (Suraksha etc), for a "mini-service"- checking fluids and toping up wherever necessary.

I also have some other negative feedback regarding spare parts availability, and their attempt to rip me off when i took a "denting-painting" quote.

I am not willing to let Sagar off the hook so easily, and am planning to complain.

I have not been able to find the customer care email id on Maruti's website, if someone has it, do forward it to me.

Cheers
Ajay
Old 20th June 2007, 12:26   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I have to file a complaint against sagar automobiles.

I paid 4k for paid service of swift and didnt check under the bonnet at the time of taking delivery. After 2 months when I open the bonnet to replinish the windshield wash fluid, i get a shock in seeing the coolant nearing the low level- whereas as per the manual, it has to be replaced.

I went to sagar auto on a weekday, explained everything politely, and spent 50 minutes listening to "5 minutes saar, 5 minutes saar". I then walked out saying that it was my mistake to come here, I will purchase coolant from outside and top it up myself.

No longer confident of what all they have done (did they top up other things like gear oil which is difficult to check), am planning to take my car to another MASS (Suraksha etc), for a "mini-service"- checking fluids and toping up wherever necessary.

I also have some other negative feedback regarding spare parts availability, and their attempt to rip me off when i took a "denting-painting" quote.

I am not willing to let Sagar off the hook so easily, and am planning to complain.

I have not been able to find the customer care email id on Maruti's website, if someone has it, do forward it to me.

Cheers
Ajay
Hi,

Here is the details

contact@maruti.co.in

Bangalore branch details.

MUL,204
2nd Floor, Embassy Classic
Vittal mallya Road
Bangalore-560001
Phone no : 080-22127384-85,5112017-18

Maruti Customer Care
Anytime Maruti (Call- 9910202020 or Toll Free-1800 1800 180)
Old 20th June 2007, 13:00   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
am planning to take my car to another MASS (Suraksha etc), for a "mini-service"- checking fluids and toping up wherever necessary.
Good Decision !!!

Abhi
Old 20th June 2007, 16:48   #73
BHPian

With the huge volumes that they are witnessing some of the Maruti Dealers seem to have developed "Don't Care" attitude towards customers.. Now with SX4 pitched against Honda City I wonder if they will be able to provide their SX4 customers the kind of care Honda provides..
Old 20th June 2007, 17:47   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balechaparka View Post

Here is the details
Thanks for the details Chief
Old 20th June 2007, 17:51   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Good Decision !!!

Abhi