Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2021, 12:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata opens 8 new showrooms in Ahmedabad in a single day

Eight new showrooms in a single city (seven, if you consider that one is an old one that has been renovated) does seem to be a bit of an overkill with the kind of numbers TaMo does at present. I wonder how many showrooms TaMo has in Ahmedabad in total now after adding these new ones. 8 showrooms is more than what Calcutta has on date (5 at the last count) and I would be really surprised if Ahmedabad contributes 40-50% more numbers in terms of sales as compared to Cal.

Maybe the head honchos in TaMo know something we don't and are scaling up for forthcoming explosive sales growth. Probably they expect the HBX to sell in the tens of thousands every month. Then also why just Ahmedabad? Shouldn't they be increasing the number of showrooms across the country?

In my opinion, even with another 10-20k cars getting added to the existing monthly numbers, TaMo don't need more than 5-6 showrooms located strategically across the city. What they should focus on is the in-showroom experience and proper training - there is a lot of room for improvement there based on my last few visits a few months back when a friend was evaluating the Nexon for purchase.

The one other thing that they definitely need to do is to increase the number of service centres. Being a Tata car owner myself, I can say that wait time has definitely increased for getting a service slot plus even the turnaround time has gone up, thanks to the significant jump in TaMo sales numbers in recent times.
Neversaygbye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 13:22   #17
BHPian

In 2020 March, when I was in market for Nexon, we didn't had a single showroom in my district Palakkad, Kerala. We just had a sales point of Hyson Motors. Very small building with no cars for display. Now we have full fledged showroom by KVR Tata and they got five other sales points within our district. In a way it is good. It is definitely helping the sales. You can see lots of Nexons and Altroz. As others mentioned, the flip side is the quality of service. They have opened a service center in the the city itself. They are yet to populate the service center with quality/experienced technicians. We do have another service center(Evolt Mobility) which is 22KM from city. Reviews of both the service centers are not good though.
K_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 15:13   #18
BHPian

This indeed is good news. But the other side of this (from what I have seen happening in my place) is that TATA is opening up only sales outlets. These are mostly sales outlets to sell cars. Most of these don't have service facilities.

If I were TATA, I would focus on building up enough service centres, matching the number of cars they are selling every month. Including the recently opened up sales outlets, we do have around more than 4 sales sales outlets within the district where I live. But, for all these, TATA has just one service centre in the entire district!. Every saes out though promises "We are about to start service here soon...", and has been hearing this for the past one year now.

Come-on, TATA is no longer selling just a couple of thousand cars every moth like they used to. They are selling more than what used to be their annual sales volume in a month these days, but the number of service centres are still from the past. The existing service centres are chocked up, and simply cannot handle the volume of cars being sold. This could be a huge reason for the only thing consistent with owing a TATA car, the poor service experience which every owner can relate to.
ps_abhijith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 18:59   #19
BHPian

Quite fascinating!

However, what's the point?

Here in bangalore TATA has 12+ showrooms and none of them are able to arrange a Altroz diesel test drive for a month now.

I can understand that Altroz diesel is not a high seller and not keeping one for test drive immediately is still forgiving. But what gets by nerve is that their customer support and regional sales manager are not bothered to even call me to check if I got the vehicle for a test drive.

Dealers are not at all interested to sell a car nor try to arrange a test drive even pushed harder. All they say is "Sir, Altroz diesel is same as Nexon's diesel, book it and we will go for Nexon test drive". Out of frustration we headed to ford showroom checked out Ecosport and booked it right away.

Number of showroom doesn't make any sense if they have lethargic sales team just like in Bangalore. I hope other state sales team is as good as Maruti Suzuki. I hate MS for many reasons but I have to give this to them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks