Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 17:13   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
Paying a penalty,How's is that its your money dude and it ain't your fault if they did not deliver it on the mentioned time and how are you responsible if they can't keep up to there commitment........ If this case i suggest you shift over to an other dealer or you will be taken for a ROYAL RIDE....... and with the right contacts you might even get one, if the payment is made at the earliest........ By the way wishing you luck for the sx and which colour....??
I'm not sure if info. is correct but it might help you guys:
"Beware of some of the games dealers play. Some tend to cheat ignorant customers. For example, if you book any of the Maruti brands, you are entitled to receive interest on the amount, equivalent to the value of the car, between the seventh day of making the payment and the date of dealer's invoice, that is, when the car is delivered to you. Since not many people know this, a dealer could pocket this sum. It could be quite a sum if the delivery is delayed by a few weeks.

Moral: prefer a dealer who sells a large number of cars and has systems in place that don't permit manipulation. Find out if there is a rebate on your car and whether it is passed on to you."

source : iInvestor.com: Loan Basics--Auto
Old 16th May 2007, 14:51   #17
BHPian

Should be taking delivery this weekend or early next week

I booked Grey on 7th (before launch in blore) and he said that (after lot of shoutings) he got it from some other dealer, I doubt it.

Then I went to see it. It was kept in open terrace on top floor and lot of vehicles were there with full of dust .......In fact I had put Beige as 2nd option, but after seeing both grey & beige in dusty environment, I decided Grey....Since the road to my house picks up lot of dust, I don't want to clean it every day....Beige looked very bad with dust, grey seemed better.

Current status is: I have paid full amount and it should be registered in next 2 days. Hoping to take delivery coming saturday...I am following up aggressively............

Today morning, I saw the grey one is kept in display (Beige one in display is sold, they said)...When I asked him, he said that this is other piece, not mine - I doubt it.....

I plan to keep visiting everyday to put pressure to them, otherwise they are not bothered..

Suggestions I have for all who booked @ Pratham: keep calling them, visit them, keep shouting, otherwise he won't bother at all..I also raised complaint in maruti sx4 site. I received an email that they would look into. You can try this, also call Maruti toll free and tell them about the delay.

Will keep you guys updated...
Old 19th May 2007, 08:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

hey

dunno how i never noticed this thread to pour in my share of crying. but looks like the swiftD story repeats for me with Sx4. i ve asked for sunlight copper and it never seems to get despatched to bimal. i ve been offered everything from silver to black to white (the latest blocked for me is white by jun 1st), but the sunlight copper seems a mirage. i m getting that frustration mode again. i have no clue whether it will be despatched in the month of june to bimal. i ve even mailed a couple of maruti guys to try under corporate mode (sigh) whether they can address the delivery. this is becoming more like the government attitude. why is the car playing truant with me so much. sheeesh. with all these new launches the only thing now which is a spoke in the wheel is the deliveries.
Old 20th May 2007, 11:41   #19

Smooth delivery @ Apra Auto in Gurgaon.

Dealers as of now do not have any say in vehicles being delivered to them.

MARUTI is sending the colors as per its choice. However the colors booked by dealers are tried to be accommodated if possible.

!! Cars financed from the dealer are given priority by dealers. ( people getting cars financed from outside are delayed intentionally ).

Dealer has a lot of discretion since hardly anyone bothers to check their delivery status on computers.

Best way to follow :-

Take the order booking form to their intranet guy and check the status.
Ask the dealer to mention the delivery date on the order booking form and also your queue number.

Threaten them with a complaint at Maruti's office in gurgaon. If you actually do this and there is some valid points in your complaint then dealer will get some flak for it.

Also remind the dealer of the feedback form you are going to fill after the delivery.

Hope this helps.
Old 20th May 2007, 13:09   #20
BHPian

This is the problem with Maruti. There is too high a demand for their cars and they are not able to meet the demand. It is almost like the license raj of the past decades when the seller was the king and the customer was treated like dirt.
Old 20th May 2007, 13:25   #21
BHPian

Chaos

Well that is quite true maruti's all vehicles are doing good in terms of sales as per there expecatation and few models crossing expecatation..

hence this delievery issues.... same with diesal swift and now SX model but i would recomment here is plan and book ask dealer to give u in writing for delivery date....

email would be the better one ... if possible...

but i suppose in coming days maruti will line up production fleet soon ..
hoping for the best
Old 21st May 2007, 18:14   #22
BHPian

Guys, got my car delivered successfully.....Please see the thread I started http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...-dos-dont.html, I will continue posting my experience with the car, FE, etc.....

All the best to all, who are waiting for delivery...
Old 22nd May 2007, 09:10   #23
BHPian

Sx4 Delivery Issue

I am foxed by the Rohan Motors greater Noida. I booked SX4 ZXI Black on 8th of may and still has not received the delivery.On that day they were giving delivery of grey color on the spot.But i refused and wanted the black colour.They said that they will give delivery in one weeks time. But there are no signs of delivery yet. Even i talked to the sales guys at customer support in Delhi. And the said twice that it will be delivered in a day or two. And they will confirm the delivery date.But still no information.
I donot know how to proceed on this.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

these maruti and dealers are going nowhere. they have no clue what is getting despatched when and this thing is going nowhere. my grey is not yet coming through and sunlight copper is out of production and they are not producing it according to dealer.

i m totally pissed off and am now thinking of taking back my money and maybe going in for a used honda city or a palio 1.6 stile. tired of this crap.

Last edited by GeekSrik : 5th June 2007 at 12:32.
Old 7th June 2007, 09:18   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
these maruti and dealers are going nowhere. they have no clue what is getting despatched when and this thing is going nowhere. my grey is not yet coming through and sunlight copper is out of production and they are not producing it according to dealer.

i m totally pissed off and am now thinking of taking back my money and maybe going in for a used honda city or a palio 1.6 stile. tired of this crap.
I am also loosing my cool. I booked a ZXi at Pratham@Queens road on May 11th and they told me that either beige/silver, whichever comes first will be given to me,as I am first on the list. On 5th June they got 2 ZXi(Grey & Silver) and the silver they gave to someone else stating that there was some confusion and now they can not give Silver to me. I was so shocked and asked them why are they lying to me in the first place or cheating customers by giving to someone else who come later in the queue. Since the shortage is so acute for ZXi, I have no option other than to wait for the next dispatch which happens on 14th June or wait for the Honda City with Airbag/ABS.
Old 7th June 2007, 11:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Folks in Bangalore - Please go and book your cars with Kalyani Motors. They are new hence you would get your cars pretty quick. I got my Swift D in 8 days. Booked on 12th Feb and got the delivery on 20th. Meet the Sales Manager Nagaraj Gowda (Nice gentleman). Always insist on Maruti Booking confirmation number (Dealership booking numbers doesn't stand anywhere). If you don't get it from any dealer speak to Maruti Salesman their sales office numbers in Bangalore - +91 80 41120017/18/19.
Old 7th June 2007, 14:48   #27
BHPian

I tried calling up these numbers...but no one responds...Is there any other alternative number??
Old 7th June 2007, 16:04   #28
BHPian

Will this news (Maruti's Manesar plant hits full capacity -Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times)

have any good effect on deliveries of SX4?
Old 7th June 2007, 16:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir5478 View Post
I tried calling up these numbers...but no one responds...Is there any other alternative number??
No these are the numbers I have and I did get a response from them in Feb-March 2007.
Old 7th June 2007, 17:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

yes of course, mine is already delayed by a month now. and its going to go on and on..... sheesh i hate the feeling.

diesel fan, you are lucky i called kalyani and they say 2 months time to get it for me. they are not taking bookings. so there goes!!

Last edited by GeekSrik : 7th June 2007 at 17:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks