Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2021, 21:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford India refuses "Flexi Service Contract" (prepaid service package)

I have purchased Ford Flexi Service Contract for EcoSport during my previous service (Tier-1 / Silver) which is an offer for two regular services at INR 8099.
- The first service was availed at the time of purchase of contract itself
- The service contract is valid until 19 August 2021 (attached copy), a period of 24 months from the date of purchase of contract
- I went for regular service today at Ford Authorized Service Outlet and the service advisor refused to entertain the flexi contract

Initially he cited the reason that the server was down, and I should pay the full-service amount in case he is not able to validate the contract.
My submission to him was to confirm refund post validation to which I was told that this is valid only if the server is up by the time invoice is generated; once paid, there won’t be refund.
Within few minutes, he shifted his stand and said that since I did not bring the vehicle for service last year, the service contract is null and void and that this is “Ford India Policy”
- Delhi was under multiple lock downs and work from home was the practice, car was thus parked at home
- The contract has no such clause of voiding of my right if I do not get the scheduled service done
- My contract is valid until 19 August 2021

If the Ford ASS is trying to fool me into paying, it’s important for me to bring this to the attention of Ford India. And if Ford India is into such practices, well in that case it is nothing beyond unethical business practice. Not sure for how long Ford India can pull on by fleecing its customers.
I am sure there may be other forum members, who might have purchased or may be considering purchase of “flexi plan”. This is an alert for them.
I decided not to get my car serviced and brought it back.
The flexi contract and the job card asking for payment are appended.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India refuses "Flexi Service Contract" (prepaid service package)-flexi-contract-aug-21.jpg  

Ford India refuses "Flexi Service Contract" (prepaid service package)-job-card-aug-21.jpg  

Last edited by i74js : 14th August 2021 at 22:01.
i74js is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 22:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford India refuses "Flexi Service Contract" (prepaid service package)

This is classic case of cheating by SA. You should ask for refusal reason in writing from the SA and escalate to Ford customer service. Most probably, the SA may not get his earnings or commission if he accepts servicing through flexi service contract certificate. Hence he is playing with you.

Otherwise, I don't see any reason for denial of the commitment. I think no car manufacturer would go down to such cheap and dirty unethical way to make money of 4000-5000 from customer. In fact, if you bring this to the notice of senior management within same dealership, they should be able to resolve this issue.

Neither ford nor the dealership will like to spoil their reputation because of dirty attitude of the SA.

Last edited by gkveda : 14th August 2021 at 22:33.
gkveda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 06:54   #3
BHPian

re: Ford India refuses "Flexi Service Contract" (prepaid service package)

Sir, please don't feel disappointed by a particular SA.
Did you try any another Ford service center? Please book an appointment over phone and mention clearly your Flexi plan.
As for this specific issue, just ask him to put in written, go upto the works manager and escalate it-a board with all details is usually available in the customer waiting room. Ford India, in my personal experience of a Aspire Tdci over 6 years, 106000km+,is usually very helpful and proactive. Make all communications over email after the initial phone call. Hope you can avail of the service. Thank you
eyedocgb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 11:59   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford India refuses "Flexi Service Contract" (prepaid service package)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I went for regular service today at Ford Authorized Service Outlet and the service advisor refused to entertain the flexi contract
Not cool. I am just worried if the dealer is refusing to honor the contract because Ford India stopped reimbursing him. That points to a bigger problem. Do write to Ford India & update us with the response, and also try at another Ford dealer.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 12:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford India refused "Flexi Service Contract"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedocgb View Post
Sir, please don't feel disappointed by a particular SA.
Did you try any another Ford service center? Please book an appointment over phone and mention clearly your Flexi plan.
As for this specific issue, just ask him to put in written, go upto the works manager and escalate it-a board with all details is usually available in the customer waiting room.
Many thanks.
- I did inform about flexi service contract at the time of booking of service
- I did escalate it to the service manager (Mr. Tejinder Singh) and also to the person who issued the flexi contract at the time of purchase

The service manager was rather rude. There was no point in having a dialogue with him. For him it was Ford who took the money and not the dealership. It was absolute lack of professionalism at the dealership.

I don't agree to your point of going to an alternate Ford service center
- I paid visit to the same service center which issued the contract
- Why should a customer run from one ASS to the other ASS when it’s the responsibility of Ford India to keep a check over such malpractices.

Thanks
i74js is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 12:23   #6
BHPian

@i74js...I had suggested an alternative centre to ensure your vehicle gets the best service. Since the contract is with Ford, it should be valid for all service centres.
You can always simultaneously escalate it to Ford-after a few emails back and forth and social media publicity on all forums, Ford usually ensures a solution is reached. But you have to be persistent and politely stress your issue.
This is from my personal experience while renewing insurance with add-ons.. When the other dealer readily agreed with Ford in the loop, my dealer insurance guy fell in line with further benefits. No problems thereafter in claiming insurance too. More proper speedy care by the dealer with owner himself monitoring the work progress and a courtesy vehicle provided for the entire 10 days duration (work delayed due to covid situation and curfew hours)
eyedocgb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 13:00   #7
BHPian

I had a similar case in a Ford dealership in delhi where I ordered a part and would have installed it myself but the dealership wanted to add a "service charge" on the bill. The amount was not the problem, but the problem was this unethical practice.

Asked the SA to give it in writtem so I can pursue the matter in Ford/Consumer Court and finally they removed it.

I would suggest to try the same trick.
VaibhavShatna95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 19:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Not cool. I am just worried if the dealer is refusing to honor the contract because Ford India stopped reimbursing him. That points to a bigger problem. Do write to Ford India & update us with the response, and also try at another Ford dealer.
Hi,

Ford India customer care has acknowledged my email. They asked for VIN details, registered mobile number and name of the dealer, which I have submitted.

It seems they don't check the attachments.

Will update once there is further movement on my request.

Regards
i74js is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 16:13   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
"Ford Customer Care" responded to my complaint.

I was called by their representative yesterday evening. They understood my concerns and confirmed that they will offer a satisfactory resolution.

Today morning I received a communication from Ford India directing dealership to carry out necessary service of my car without creating any further complications.

Let's hope there are no futher surprises at the time of getting the car serviced.

Thank you very much for the support and advice of fellow forum members.

Last edited by i74js : 17th August 2021 at 16:22.
i74js is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 16:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have got the service done today. It was uneventful and smooth.

Instead of regular feedback / satisfaction score sheet, I was asked to record my satisfaction on a letter drafted by dealer; obviously with no choice over the language used except to put my signatures and vehicle number.

Nonetheless, the vehicle was taken in on-time, I was kept informed of the work being carried out and the car was shown to me prior to generating gate pass for exit.

Cheers!

Last edited by i74js : 19th August 2021 at 16:42.
i74js is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 15:19   #11
BHPian

@i74js..Praaji,good to hear the news about your vehicle receiving proper care with assistance from Ford Customer Care.
Even if the dealer made you sign a customised satisfaction form, Ford Customer Care will definitely get back to you for your comments.
eyedocgb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 07:47   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I have got the service done today. It was uneventful and smooth.

Instead of regular feedback / satisfaction score sheet, I was asked to record my satisfaction on a letter drafted by dealer; obviously with no choice over the language used except to put my signatures and vehicle number.

Nonetheless, the vehicle was taken in on-time, I was kept informed of the work being carried out and the car was shown to me prior to generating gate pass for exit.

Cheers!
Good that the issue is resolved. The customer service route is getting better and companies are taking them seriously. You did the right thing and not letting the SA fool you.

This is the thumb rule I follow:
- place a proper written complaint about the behaviour with the dealership and with the company
- If possible get on to a conversation with the customer care right there or try to meet the Service / sales / customer relationship head of the dealership. They will give excuses not to let you meet but without heeding to those and keep pushing them to meet someone higer in the rank. Though they might be hand in glove, when these senior folks get to meet the customer they try to resolve it without further escalation because they carry a lot more responsibility.

The other thing is when the SA feels that's things are turning worse for him, they go to any extent to please us and we finally give them the good rating as well. I don't do that. I will tell him that because of the way he handled the issue I will score him accordingly. Their incentives are based on the score.

I recently had a minor issue with a sales person in a Tata dealership where he wasn't providing prompt response. I dropped a mail to Tata customer care and surprisingly there was quick action. The guy pleaded with me to send a positive response in a way absolving him of the lack of service I had highlighted. I clearly said no and said, I shall, if necessary, provide a good feedback after the sale is over if he earned it. But for now, I just thanked the senior folks for their prompt action and informed them that I am getting the response that I need from the sales guy.

These guys have to own up for their behaviour. It's a mindset thing. They just try to screw us thinking we will not take the time to place complaints. You do it once and you will get proper service ever after. The ironic part is they behave that way are because they are asked to do so by senior folks to milk the customer of his money. But if you could get yourself to speak to those seniors in authority, they will get down to business as they will not want things to get worse in most cases. The fact is many of us don't do that and they know it.

Last edited by Jude300 : 1st September 2021 at 07:51.
Jude300 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 21:06   #13
BHPian

I didn't have the best of experiences with Delhi Ford, as logged by me in the "I booked my car' thread. I think it's a dealership level issue and not a case of Ford reimbursing the dealership for the service contract.
Old 30th October 2023, 12:35   #14

Crazy. I bought my Silver Flexi Plan at JSP Bangalore last year and used one of two there. This year I have moved back to Mumbai and today I just went to Bhavna Kalina for the 5th year service. I didn't have the Flexi Plan PDF on my phone (new phone). Turns out, I didn't even need it.

I went in expecting some resistance and there was none at all. Pleasant experience. So much so, that when he asked if I want wheel alignment and rebalancing, I just said yes (30% discount under Flexi Plan).

I intend to buy another 2 year silver plan today with them.

Summary - It is a dealer level issue that you faced. Bhavna Kalina was very professional.

Most Viewed