Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should I take delivery of a damaged new car?
Yes 45 7.46%
No 558 92.54%
Voters: 603. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2021, 11:55   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Anguish - Shreenath Vehicles and Kia Motors forcing a damaged, refurbished vehicle instead of ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmangThaker79 View Post
what in your mind would qualify as an 'ample' compromise?
Do remember if you accept this car and when you plan to sell it (in future), the buyers could detect major repairs/repaint done on the car. This will impact resale value.

If you are going ahead with this particular car, I would say demand 15% discount for the notional loss of resale value and also take this whole incident in writing from the dealer so you have proof to explain the repairs were not due to any road accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Isn't this thread the ultimate proof than a dealer attested letter
When selling the car few years down the line, this thread might be forgotten and/or the resolution be lost in this long thread.

If I am a buyer, I would like a letter instead. This will take care of warranty claims in case something goes wrong with these repairs.

Last edited by ashis89 : 26th August 2021 at 12:09.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 12:02   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Anguish - Shreenath Vehicles and Kia Motors forcing a damaged, refurbished vehicle instead of ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
take this whole incident in writing from the dealer so you have proof to explain the repairs were not due to any road accident.
Isn't this thread the ultimate proof than a dealer attested letter
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 12:27   #108

re: Anguish! Shreenath Vehicles & Kia Motors forcing me to take delivery of damaged Seltos. Edit: Now re

@UmangThaker79, It must have been an ordeal for you. Well this is very similar to the experience I once had with a phone dealer and how they took me for a ride for being a naïve youngster.

Shreenath, Goregaon/Malad has a bunch of snooty and negatively smart sales guys IMO. Did a test drive of Sonet with them and it was not a great/decent experience.

Anyhow, looking at the steps that you have already taken its very clear that you have communicated to most of the concerned from dealer as well as manufacturer's side. It would now be better to sit across the table and discuss. Write it down, prepare an MOM (works for me!), writing things down offers clarity of thought and you may figure which way the dealer is heading and what way your heart may swim eventually. Car is a big dream and shelling the amount of money that you did is no joke so stick to your guns!

With MSIL, Hyundai/Kia, Tata Motors being fined in the last couple of years, there definitely is awareness with the top courts on the ride these guys can take consumers on. So be hopeful if it eventually goes down that lane.
Old 26th August 2021, 16:38   #109
BHPian

re: Anguish! Shreenath Vehicles & Kia Motors forcing me to take delivery of damaged Seltos. Edit: Now re

I saw this in mycarhelpline YouTube channel. See after 1min 10 secs. The issue being discussed in this thread by @UmangThaker79 is listed as one of the scams.

Please use this also as social media pressure to negotiate with the dealer.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 21:09   #110
BHPian

Hello friend,

I'm not here to comment on the problem. I'm here to provide solution:

1. Make the dealership an offer. They should buy back the damaged vehicle from you at the full amount paid by you.
They can sell the vehicle as used, crush it, sell it for parts,it does not matter.
This way you are compensated for their mismanagement / carelessness while they suffer a minor penalty.

Jog your memory, and advise if you signed any document stating that for registration purposes if the vehicle is parked in their premises it is at the customers risk i.e. at your risk.

This should be a take it or leave it offer conveyed via email to the senior most management person.

In future and as a lesson, all such communication should be via email. Refuse to take call or entertain any verbal offer.

Also, to the respected members who commented that the dealer was right in informing you and did not lie.
Dear sir's, for basis human decency, organisational ethics, honesty one need not be thankful or grateful for. It is expected.
Mudcat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 21:11   #111
RMN
BHPian

I highly recommend the OP fights for compensation. Replacement could be difficult but a proper compensation is necessary. There is a difference between the vehicle getting damaged during a visit or service and before taking delivery itself.

A proper monetary compensation is what the OP deserves.
Old 26th August 2021, 23:14   #112

A bit off-topic but came across this post on jalopnik.
Dealership replaced a C8 corvette with a new one because one of the technicians took a joyride at 148mph racing another car which the owner found out through the performance monitor on the car.

https://jalopnik.com/dealership-give...ons-1847539594

A brand new vehicle damaged before delivery calls for a replacement IMO.
Old 27th August 2021, 00:33   #113
BHPian

As OP posted, there has been no acknowledgement from KIA's end as yet even after multiple follow-ups etc. That's just appalling. Just vibrant sales figures should not instil so much arrogance in a new company that's barely a couple of years old in the country. Is KIA simply not bothered, or are they so dependent on their dealers that they're clearly giving the stick to customers instead of asking some tough questions to the dealers?

Umang, hope your ordeal ends soon. More power to you.
IamNikhil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 12:27   #114
BHPian

This was no act of nature. Due to structural / civil issues, the damage had happened.
The vehicle would have been insured.
Also showroom stock would be insured.
I notice that Kia service centres use their own temporary number plates while taking the car for road tests. That number plate would be part of the dealer insurance.
If your insurance was not invoked, the dealer definitely would be invoking the second insurance for this damage and not paid for the repairs from his pocket.
Now, for compensating you as a good and ethical gesture, you need to be provided a refund equal to the amount the car would fetch if sold in open market vs the price you paid. Or take the car back at full price and let the dealer dispose the car and give you a new car.
Old 30th August 2021, 00:15   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxratul View Post
However, I doubt Kia will do anything beyond tokenism. They are selling these cars in thousands- they have correctly understood that the Indian consumer by and large follow herd mentality and will be unfazed by any bad publicity that might arise out of your experience.
This is what irks me the most. Both Kia and Hyundai will never pull this kind of a stunt in the US because they know where they stand in the pecking order there. Sadly in India they are generating volumes and expect people will accept whatever nonsense they dish out.
thehighwayman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 09:31   #116
BHPian

So unfortunate the ordeal your facing, being a new car which your buying I could understand how hard its for you even for a small scratch which happens in the bumper/ ORVM; but this is unacceptable.

As already identified by other members, I guess the right thing for the dealer is to sell the car as a used car and provide you with a new car - deal with the bank to close the loan and get a new loan allotted - even those charges must be accepted by them.

I'm saying this after understanding from my friend who works as a Manager for a NEXA showroom; their vendor (Whom they outsource) lost the Original RC Smart Card of the car which he is supposed to handover in a month; he managed to get another card which said 'Duplicate RC' after 4 months (he somehow dodged the dealership - which was quoting reasons to the buyer).
When the issue got out the buyer was particular that he wont keep that XL6; it has been driven couple of thousand km.

Ultimately the issue went to MSIL; they closed it in 2 days, just a phone call to the dealership asking them to sell the car in TrueValue and provide with a new XL6 to the buyer; observe all loss.

What is hurting here is KIA escaping from the scene. What is the point of we going to a dealership if the brand cannot intervene for the sake of customer service?!. No wonder MSIL is rocking.

Kindly suggest you to keep it clear on this issue, wish you'd get a new car which you paid for.
architect_santo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 01:52   #117
BHPian

Hello Buddy, request to update us with the progress, the forum has given quite a lot of suggestions and opinions.

All the attention is dying down with no update from your side.

Have you taken the delivery?
Has KIA/Shreenath Showroom compensated with more than what you have actually mentioned?
iamahunter is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 15:53   #118
BHPian

Came across this news article today. Seems like a very similar case. But there is no mention of dealer name.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/85911296.cms
Old 5th September 2021, 10:24   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
Came across this news article today. Seems like a very similar case. But there is no mention of dealer name.
Sharing from the comment section

Anguish! Shreenath Vehicles & Kia Motors forcing me to take delivery of damaged Seltos. Edit: Solved-1.jpg

Thread on the same subject

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...complaint.html

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 5th September 2021 at 10:26.
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 15:07   #120

Dear Friends,

I want to inform you all that thanks to TeamBHP, the Forum and all you users - the power of collective opinion that I have received a monetary compensation and a ceramic coating job from the dealership. The damage to the car has been rectified.

New beginnings :
I have taken the delivery of the vehicle on the auspicious day of Ganesh Chaturthi.

I wish to thank each one of you for your replies, support and encouragement to bring the struggle to a logical conclusion.

Cheers and for all !!!

Special thanks to the moderator and the poll conducted which I believe was very instrumental in getting the attention of the dealership and Kia Motors.
The matter has been amicably resolved.

I would encourage all victims to take the support of TeamBHP and the loyal support of the forum.

regards

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 12th September 2021 at 15:21. Reason: Maximum of only two smileys please! Thanks
UmangThaker79 is offline   (132) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks