Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 17:01   #31
BHPian

Re: Kings Ford Goa cuts ABS sensor & harness wire | Reports as 'Rat Bite' | Ford India uncooperativ

I'm very much grateful to Team-BHP and the community for highlighting my ordeal! Looks like it has been finally noticed by Ford India.

I just received a call from a Mr. Vinod from the number 044-46337210, demanding that I delete this thread as the Ford India team of experts have confirmed the dealership's "rat-bite" diagnosis as accurate

When I informed him that I intend updating this thread with his demand, he retracted his previous statement and disconnected the call after informing me that he will arrange a callback with a senior person.

Thanks again to those who have shared their reputed FNG contact details.
hemant.kamat is offline   (68) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 19:05   #32
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kings Ford Goa cuts ABS sensor & harness wire | Reports as 'Rat Bite' | Ford India uncooperativ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
demanding that I delete this thread
Oh, Vinod. What rock have you been living under, sweet boy.

Kings Ford and more importantly, Ford India should know better than to continue digger themselves a bigger hole. Very unfortunately, neither have anything to lose.
libranof1987 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 19:11   #33
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
I just received a call from a Mr. Vinod from the number 044-46337210, demanding that I delete this thread as the Ford India team of experts have confirmed the dealership's "rat-bite" diagnosis as accurate
In my opinion, you should file a consumer case against Ford and the dealer for their idiotic behaviour. Since they have their rat-bite theory, it would be very interesting for them to prove it in the court.
CarNerd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 19:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. demanding that I delete this thread
2. as the Ford India team of experts have confirmed the dealership's "rat-bite" diagnosis as accurate
1. I have no words for this but probably they thought the demand was being made to someone on one of the social media platforms where people can be coerced to "delete" stuff.

2. Let me fill in the blanks here : Ford India, which recently shut down with dead stock and a lot of displeasure among its dealers has confirmed that the Ford dealership's rat bite theory is accurate.
Like Boeing's experts confirmed that the Boeing 737 Max didn't need any simulator training as it was "essentially the same plane".

Who are we to doubt the experts.

Last edited by shancz : 30th September 2021 at 19:45. Reason: ccl
shancz is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 19:53   #35
BHPian

If there is one way to ensure that you leave the country with a lower moral standing that when you came in, this is the way to do it - threaten your existing customers who reposed their trust in you.

The beauty of the Internet would play out here - if you do something good then it's always something you can look back on and be admired for (example - Maruti's goodwill gesture! Early S-Cross buyer gets a Rs. 90,000 refund and 2 year extended warranty
).

But if you do something stupid then well it's something you will always be hated for.

People who own Ecosport, Endeavour etc. now will be well off enough to even purchase some of Ford's electric offerings few years down the line (if they ever decide to come back).

With this attitude though Ford India will have to come up with a new tag line (from the 'Feels like family') in the next innings - because I don't see Indian's lining up to welcome back the black sheep of the family very often.
JithinR is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 20:28   #36
BHPian

As suspected, the downfall of Ford has begun.

I am not sure as to how long the fans of Ford will continue to boast it, the service is going to take a hit and these things are bound to happen now.

If you own a Ford, I suggest to find a local trustworthy mechanic.

Now as new Ford cars will decline/stop, the service centers will start these tactics to sustain till they can. Else they will switch to another company, it would be easier as they already have the required hardware and human resource.
iamahunter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 07:42   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm very much grateful to Team-BHP and the community for highlighting my ordeal! Looks like it has been finally noticed by Ford India.

I just received a call from a Mr. Vinod from the number 044-46337210
TrueCaller shows that number belongs to Ford itself . Good to hear the company is finally on it. Better late than never. I hope the matter is resolved to your satisfaction soon.

Kings Ford Goa cuts ABS sensor & harness wire | Reports as 'Rat Bite'  | Ford India uncooperative-20211002-07.40.57.jpg
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 08:51   #38
BHPian

Quote:

When I informed him that I intend updating this thread with his demand, he retracted his previous statement and disconnected the call after informing me that he will arrange a callback with a senior person.

Thanks again to those who have shared their reputed FNG contact details.
This is exactly what happened to me. His name is Mr. Binod Kumar Nayak and his Senior Manager is Mr. Nithin. I too had raised a complaint with them 3 weeks ago. After a lot of discussions and follow ups, Binod wasnt much interested to help. He kept mentioning that the issue has been escalated to senior manager and he will arrange a call from them to discuss with me. No such call was arranged from him and then I emailed him and called the customer care number asking specifically for Binod. After many calls I got in touch with him and got a conference call with the service manager of Bhavna Ford.

Eventually I got fed up and paid for the job and took the car from the service center. Only just a week later, Nithin called me and mentioned that the request for a warranty has been denied and they cannot help any further. I shared my disappointment with him however it fell on deaf ears.

Below names and numbers for your reference. Proactively you keep calling them and pressurize for a resolution. Your case is different than mine and to be honest more unethical than anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Kings Ford Goa cuts ABS sensor & harness wire | Reports as 'Rat Bite'  | Ford India uncooperative-screenshot_20211002085045_gmail.jpg  

Kings Ford Goa cuts ABS sensor & harness wire | Reports as 'Rat Bite'  | Ford India uncooperative-screenshot_20211002085013_gmail.jpg  

Last edited by VWAllstar : 2nd October 2021 at 08:55.
VWAllstar is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 15:08   #39
BHPian

The least Ford can do at this time is leave with that small amount of goodwill they have earned over the years.
Quote:
Ford India team of experts have confirmed the dealership's "rat-bite" diagnosis as accurate
The title in the home page says Ford admits to the dealer cutting the wire. But here the OP is saying the opposite. Didn't find any newer posts that changed the situation either. Is the thread title wrong?
veyron_head is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 15:41   #40
Senior - BHPian

The thread is being reported on the homepage as "Ford accepts dealer cutting wire" which made me think that Ford had accepted that its dealer had cut the wire. Now I realize that its the opposite meaning i.e. Ford is condoning its dealer's unscrupulous actions and not admitting to fault!

Well, I'm not sorry they're leaving India anymore. With an attitude like that, good riddance!

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 3rd October 2021 at 15:46.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 15:49   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
The thread is being reported on the homepage as "Ford accepts dealer cutting wire" but that doesn't seem to be the case? Ford seems to be sticking with its rat-bite theory!
Bait and switch. Mr. Vinod will come here, be shocked to see being reported as having accepted to cutting the wire, then be even more shocked after seeing his latest conversation with the customer posted in the thread.

Mr. Vinod, I am sure you are reading this. Just apologize and accept man.
Tubeless_tired is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 17:50   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
The title in the home page says Ford admits to the dealer cutting the wire. But here the OP is saying the opposite. Didn't find any newer posts that changed the situation either. Is the thread title wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
The thread is being reported on the homepage as "Ford accepts dealer cutting wire" which made me think that Ford had accepted that its dealer had cut the wire. Now I realize that its the opposite meaning i.e. Ford is condoning its dealer's unscrupulous actions and not admitting to fault!
Ford India has not admitted to their dealership cutting the ABS sensor & harness wire connector. Initially, when I complained to Ford India, they directed the dealership to allow me to inspect the CCTV footage. The footage shows the technician reaching under the wheel fender lining holding a set of pliers. When I questioned this, both Ford India & Kingsford Verna abruptly stopped responding.

Now that the thread has gone viral, Ford India is demanding that I take it down as, according to Mr. Vinod (or Binod), the "rat-bite" diagnosis was found to be accurate by their "team of experts", despite the photographs implying otherwise.

There has not been any further communication from Ford India and my attempts to contact either Mr. Vinod/Binod or Mr. Nithin have been unsuccessful. The direct number 044-61567222 keeps ringing, and the board numbers 1800-419-2500/1800-103-2500 are answered by executives promising me a callback within the next 2/4 hours, which I'm yet to receive.
hemant.kamat is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 21:08   #43
BHPian

I am amsued as even after the cctv footage their team of experts (not sure of what) have not found the dealership at fault.

No wonder you guys are leaving India. And we don't want you back.

Ford if you are listening, I thank my stars for not purchasing EcoSports 7 months back. Not that the staff was very friendly either.
ankitsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 22:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

This is sad, really sad on Ford India's part.

A rat had chewed up my washing machine's wires and I can happily give the photos of it to Ford (although they can find some on a search engine called 'google') They can compare it with this clean cut done by some sharp blade or pliers and make their 'diagnosis' public so we can have a good laugh.

Ford is leaving India, but the people involved have another problem at hand: Mr. Binod/Vinod Nayak and all others involved in this fiasco will be searched on linkedin and people are going to know soon which company they will land next. This might come to haunt them for the rest of their career.
Old 3rd October 2021, 23:48   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

More than Ford, I am confused about this dealership.

1. With Ford gone, they will need to depend on repeat business from Ford owners (service - IF they are staying on as a Ford dealer).

Or

2. If they want to take up some other dealership, they can really use their good standing from today, to setup and promote the new venture.

What has the dealership got to lose by helping this customer? Likely they are not ending the relationship with Ford with a huge profit anyway. If anything they have an opportunity to gain some good press.

Coming to Ford, expected response really. Most of these employees must be on a job hunt so the lack of intent is not surprising. I doubt there is anyone internally who would want to take a call here. Maybe things will settle down in coming months, but right now it must be (for the lack of a better word) chaos!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 3rd October 2021 at 23:49.

Most Viewed