Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2021, 02:31   #46
BHPian

Re: Kings Ford Goa cuts ABS sensor & harness wire | Reports as 'Rat Bite' | Ford India uncooperativ

Kings Ford at Goa opened this dealership less than a year ago. Several changes took place among dealerships here. Caculo Ford disappeared one fine day, and there was no Ford dealership at one point of time last year. Since Naik motors, Mahindra took over the caculo Ford's space, Ford's service were going on here for sometime. Then came kings somewhere in Jan-feb 2021 and within a year, the company decided to quit. So I guess the dealership is definitely eyeing to recover as much as possible through such shady practices! Ford owners will stop visiting here soon or the dealership will close, either way it's a sad situation for Ford owners in Goa considering its the only Ford dealership!
Goandiaries is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 08:21   #47
BHPian

Re: Kings Ford Goa cuts ABS sensor & harness wire | Reports as 'Rat Bite' | Ford India uncooperativ

I was looking forward to get my hands on the Ecosport Titanium for my uncle who had originally booked the Kiger but didn't get the delivery due to unavailability of stocks. The Ford exit deterred me even though they were selling the cars at discount prices at some places. But a behaviour like this shows exactly that Ford doesn't care what kind of ruffians take their franchise. Reasons like this make people go back to Maruti Suzuki ASCs where I'm yet to find any behaviour as remotely close to such. My family owns a Maruti 800 and a Baleno RS. I've serviced at 3 different ASCs across Odisha. "Customer is King" is still prevalent for some companies at the least. Maybe I'll choose the Vitara Brezza after all.
Bismaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 09:23   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Ford India has not admitted to their dealership cutting the ABS sensor & harness wire connector.

There has not been any further communication from Ford India and my attempts to contact either Mr. Vinod/Binod or Mr. Nithin have been unsuccessful. The direct number 044-61567222 keeps ringing, and the board numbers 1800-419-2500/1800-103-2500 are answered by executives promising me a callback within the next 2/4 hours, which I'm yet to receive.
Please do not give up on trying. "We will arrange a call back" is exactly to break your patience so that you pay off the cost as estimated by the Service Center. Keep calling them, the desk numbers are answered by a Lady who is clueless of the issue. She is aware of Binod so keep calling her to arrange a call back within 2 hours from either Binod or Nithin. If you dont get a call within 2 hours, call again and speak to her.

Not sure if this is just one of the months where Ford Service Centers are being pathetic or this is the domino effect of Ford's exit. There need to be some conscience during such difficult times from the company, service centers and customers alike.

During my last visit to the service center the car jack was missing. This time the reverse parking sensors have gone kaput. Feels like they compensate for the lower service bills with such cheap tricks - I may be wrong however events are making my guess, true.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 4th October 2021 at 09:24.
VWAllstar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 21:50   #49
BHPian

Anyone thinking about getting that Endeavour for cheap should check this thread out. It's going to go downhill from here.
And I am surprised they had to drag this so far. It's entirely clear its not a rat's work. If they can prove it was a rat, believe me we need scientists to probe this rat because a rat with razor sharp cutting power means the end of the human race.
amitverma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 01:07   #50
BHPian

The levels at which the garages stoop is unbelievable. I am sorry for the ordeal you must have gone through.
Your perseverance is praiseworthy. Kudos to all your efforts.
abhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 23:00   #51
BHPian

So much for the National Consumer Helpline

At least, I've now got written evidence of Kings Ford's "rat-bite" diagnosis:
Attached Thumbnails
Kings Ford Goa cuts ABS sensor & harness wire | Reports as 'Rat Bite'  | Ford India uncooperative-firefox_screenshot_20211013t172402.854z.png  

hemant.kamat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 18:36   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
So much for the National Consumer Helpline

At least, I've now got written evidence of Kings Ford's "rat-bite" diagnosis:
Quote:
"All repair work was done in front of customer only"
Do they really mean that you were standing next to the person going under the vehicle with set of pliers ?

Or have they lied to a quasi-judicial body ?

If you want to proceed, I suggest, you seek legal advice and (send notice ??) make dealer preserve the video and job card.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks