Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2021, 17:46   #31

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

This gentleman has raise 2 genuine points though:
1) Why is TATA not acting even after knowing that he was somehow defrauded by selling him a "known" manufacturing defective car? It is in full purview of Tata Motors to do the needful to the customer and work with him to reach an amicable solution. I strongly feel going to court in such cases is counter productive for the buyer in most cases.
2) What is the reason Tata Motors stops variants more often than others in the trade?
kartoosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 20:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I'm not supporting Tata Motors or Dada Motors. I have read about Tata quality issues on the forum. However, my cousin who is now settled in Abu Dhabi had wonderful experience with Safari of 2008 make. No issues till they moved out of India. Their ownership included same day drives from Delhi to Indore. In fact I too had driven that SUV. To this date she fondly recalls the majestic elephant ride & fuss free ownership she had. Yes Tata service centres are not upto the mark, however are you sure others are. Hyundai, Maruti, Kia, MG, all have issues.

What exactly is the issue here sir? That a common man takes to social media to air his views? Isnt social media meant for that. As everyone, including the mighty TATA and Dada (some rhyme there), have the right to go to court or not.

My views - Social media has helped the common man have a voice. Should be welcomed in every way. Not stopped.

Anyways - its always funny to watch some of 'US' keep up this support for TATA and the like. And then when OUR own vehicle breakdown, make a 180 degree turn and start screaming from all social media platforms.

Naetik30 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 20:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartoosh View Post
This gentleman has raise 2 genuine points though:
1) Why is TATA not acting even after knowing that he was somehow defrauded by selling him a "known" manufacturing defective car?
2) What is the reason Tata Motors stops variants more often than others in the trade?
My take on the questions:
1. Every organisation will have ethics defined but to put it to practice you need a strong leader who drives it. There seems to be a lack of coordination, direction within Tata Motors to take a call on this issue. The guy who came close to solve it early in the issue couldn't keep his word.i.e. the senior ups didn't agree to his actions. Now it's fine to a point where it has earned negative publicity and they feel this will get worse and many more customers will follow suit it they now agree to change. But, this is where a strong leadership can make a difference. Not sure if anyone in the organisation is being held responsible for this at this moment. That needs to happen for this issue to get solved.

2. Tata motors made some segment firsts and then they went into hibernation without any advancement. When the horizon next strategy was kicked off it underwent a transformation and new products were planned to be rolled out. But it takes time as the organisation it self had to change. So as a stop gap arrangement they upgraded the existing models INDICA to BOLT, INDIGO to ZEST, ARIA to HEXA. They were meant only to keep the company in the game, until new products came into existence. So, that is no brainer to see these models being stopped as this was part of a strategy.

Now I only hope, even if they take time, they bring a dynamic leader to captain the ship.This company has a lot of potential to deliver.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 01:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Reading few posts which states Harrier / Safari twins being nothing but a conglomeration of multiple parts merged into one from incompetent or unreliable vendors, one thing for sure, Tata Motors just decimated the name “Safari” with the unsorted product.
Having owned a 2008 Safari 2.2 and now owning a Safari 2021 my experience of the vehicle is that they have evolved the product and trust me while the good bits are retained there is huge improvements in ride, handling, gearbox just to name a few in addition to that superb look. Yes the Hexa in my opinion was ahead in some aspects. Yes the twins have a Fiat engine(like many successful cars in India), a Hyundai auto gearbox and a Tata platform derived from a JLR one but the mating of the three is quite well executed. So am not sure where the "multiple parts merged" has emerged as an issue. I have not heard of this in the Harrier 2.0 threads too from owners.

Yes their sales process still sucks, their service at least the 1st one feels better than before but the product is competent even though it misses some features but then features like a 2nd row slide & recline is very practical and useful too.

Quote:
They should certainly learn a thing or two from Mahindra. They decently exited hatchback segment and focused entirely on wonderful products like Thar, Scorpio and the most advanced XUV 7OO. When Tata has been doing well with hatchbacks & crossovers like Nexon, they should just either fix or stabilize the twins or certainly exit the segment as they screwed this up big time. Do one thing at a time Tata Motors!
The thing they need to learn from Mahindra IMHO is the following:-
  • Legacy and nameplates work. They have learned this lesson and it shows in the response for the Safari. I think they should reuse the Sierra nameplate too.
  • Pricing. They seem to manage to get this wrong for crucial launches and then struggle like the Harrier 1.0 which pretty much severely limited what they could have had as a launch price for the Safari and did not work well for the Harrier too
  • AWD/4WD. This is an expectation from a 7 seater SUV even if that variant does not sell much it builds up the perception of the vehicle
nainan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 09:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
Having owned a 2008 Safari 2.2 and now owning a Safari 2021 my experience of the vehicle is that they have evolved the product and trust me while the good bits are retained there is huge improvements in ride, handling, gearbox just to name a few in addition to that superb look. Yes the Hexa in my opinion was ahead in some aspects. Yes the twins have a Fiat engine(like many successful cars in India), a Hyundai auto gearbox and a Tata platform derived from a JLR one but the mating of the three is quite well executed.[/list]
I respect your view here coming from a Safari owner himself. Perhaps, I should’ve been a little more clearer when I mentioned ‘conglomeration’ - forgive my lack of knowledge, but XUV was built indigenously and the product stood for itself. Tata could’ve done the same with the tag Safari. I am a die hard fan of Safari 1.0 - it meant serious off-roading. But, the new Safari just holds the name but not the legacy because it’s a different product altogether. It’s quite advanced in every aspect to the old Safari, which ideally should be, considering the fact how advanced the tech now is. However, when they advance so much, they still lack the finesse in delivering a completed product. They’d to be a bit more cautious in handling issues highlighted by the owners, which would’ve justified the usage of the name. All I’m saying is, Tata has come a long way and in fact I’ve closely followed all threads of Tata’s product in the last 2 years and I’m indeed a die-hard fan of Tata (you can lookup my posts for Tata) as they’ve made me proud in almost all the recent launches

I was excited with Harrier introduction but disappointed with Safari name integration to an unsorted product or lack of their focus on fixing issues highlighted by reviewers / customers. But, Mahindra has been progressing cautiously by taking feedbacks. Nevertheless, both company’s are representing India and I’m extremely proud of them. But, fact is fact - take one step at a time in proving incremental progress on the products they deliver. Harrier / Safari is now an old product and cannot be given the leeway for issues like we do with new launched products (Skoda Kushaq, Harrier 1.0) - at the end of the day, I like all their products and I meant no offense to anyone.

Regards,

RV
gururajrv is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 18:43   #36
Team-BHP Support

Re: Dada Motors takes back defective Tata Safari; no replacement given even after 2 months

Dada Motors takes back defective Tata Safari; no replacement given even after 2 months - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 22:34   #37
BHPian

Re: Brand new 2021 Tata Safari | Breakdown on delivery day, problems continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Quoting my own post, seems like the guy has made a second video and things have gone legal atleast from his pinned post.
Saga continues, Third video is up.

Mods please merge the posts if possible.

Felt the video to be a little dramatic, but everyone expresses their views differently.

Hope this issue gets resolved amicably without been dragged on for too long.

Last edited by SideView : 8th October 2021 at 23:01.
SideView is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 08:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dada Motors takes back defective Tata Safari; no replacement given even after 2 months

This issue highlights some disturbing ground realities:

- Some dealers having a lot of dealerships, clout and connection supercede the manufacturer!
This seems like the same dealer being a TML star in 2007 as reported (Dada Motors Ludhiana gets highest selling Safari dealer in India award).

- This is a lot common in smaller cities since a small bunch of people would have the capital, land and resources to start one dealership after another. Dada motors seems to be on the same lines and as the guy has already mentioned.

- Biggest issue with these dealerships is that the whole concept of customer service isn't an objective since they have no credible competition, the owners would have the we can do anything air about them as this and some other issues clearly show.

- All of this comes not only at the cost of the customer but TML too. The guy is right in saying that its not just he who has been cheated but also TML.

- Manufacturer(TML) has clearly bowed down to such dealers and its a shame IMO.

One of the worst experiences for the ICB (The Indian Car Buyer | Struggling with problems in brand new cars)

Last edited by shancz : 9th October 2021 at 08:02.
shancz is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 10:57   #39
BHPian

Re: Brand new 2021 Tata Safari | Breakdown on delivery day, problems continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Felt the video to be a little dramatic, but everyone expresses their views differently.
Hope this issue gets resolved amicably without been dragged on for too long.
We all have different views but what I can make out from this video is that maybe he got scared because of the Notice. No one can fight such a big Firm. He is ready for the negotiations, lets hope TATA will solve this matter ASAP.
rpmmachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 15:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Apparently the owner has settled the issue with Tata Motors who sent him a legal notice aka flexing their muscle. But he's free to continue his fight against the dealer.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 00:36   #41
Kln
BHPian

What a tragic saga. If anything, this permanently has dampened any enthusiasm I had for Tata. Kudos to the gentleman for standing up to the relentless bullying by Tata and the dealers. For what it's worth, here's the pinned comment on his latest video clarifying some things -
Attached Thumbnails
Dada Motors takes back defective Tata Safari; no replacement given even after 2 months-screenshot_20211011003606.jpg  

Kln is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 08:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kln View Post
this permanently has dampened any enthusiasm I had for Tata.
Ditto, a silver Altroz turbo was always in the list for a decent hatchback whenever that purchase happens but TML has killed that option for good.
shancz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 09:42   #43
BHPian

Very sad to see a person's car ownership ending up this tragically. The current market condition can be termed a sellers' market. And Tata seems to have the right mix of products. If one is a stock picker, TaMo would be a good stock. But, I don't see TaMo as a viable company if they continue to provide such bad sales and after sales experience.

I for one, I'm thanking God for not having bought another Tata car every time I see such news.

I do pray that this gets resolved quickly.

regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 11:54   #44
BANNED

Sad to see how much harassment one has to put up with after spending 20 lakhs.
That said, I can't sympathize too much with people who buy from the TATA stable. Stereotypes come into existence for a reason. The average, non-enthusiast Indian car buyer knows to steer clear of TaMo if they are spending upwards of 7-10 Lakhs. This and similar posts on this forum and on the internet goes to show why.

The thing about TaMo is that even after all these years they have failed to acquire the engineering expertise necessary to properly manufacture cars. Every car manufacturer can buy the robots and machinery necessary to build and assemble cars, but it requires institutional knowledge to tune those machines and optimize the assembly lines. This is where TaMo is severely lacking compared to the competition. Not to mention the fact that TaMo is run like a bureaucracy.

Too many people have been drinking the TaMo cool-aid and blindly trusting them with their money. I won't deny that TaMo is making better cars than they used to, but they are nowhere close to the competition when it comes to fit and finish and lack of niggles. I personally know people in my circle who have bought an Altroz and a Harrier and they keep cursing the vehicles for the numerous niggles that keep cropping up, thankfully they haven't faced any major engine issues yet. The Harrier owner has already put up his vehicle for sale, it is barely 2 years old.
Electromotive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 12:20   #45
BHPian

I support the owner 100% but preaching in second youtube video became little too much that the original issue got side tracked.

He must be feeling cheated and correct but he should just take his money and not worried about getting new Safari after his bad experience. Tata on the other hand has offered a new car so, not clear where the problem resides. Tata is providing new car to contain goodwill damage so, their request for removal of objectionable content will form core of settlement.
RajeevSharma is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed