Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Old 12th October 2021, 09:29   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Dada Motors takes back defective Tata Safari; no replacement given even after 2 months

We have all forgotten to blame one special entity in this whole fiasco. The entity that demands 40% of the vehicle's price as protection money.

Yes, you guessed it... it is the (dis)Honorable Govt. of India . It is yet another case of taxation without representation. When we pay 40% as protection money we should be demanding that we are provided protection against scummy dealers and manufacturers.

Where is that lemon law? Why are the consumer courts so inaccessible? Why does it take forever to get justice, if that. Why should we have to beg and plead with dealers and manufacturers to do what's ethically right? Why do we have to make t-bhp the court of public opinion?
Electromotive is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 12:55   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Dada Motors takes back defective Tata Safari; no replacement given even after 2 months

I am amazed that the customer is not thankful to be provided what is potentially an GNCAP certifiable safe lemon. It is definitely understandable why Tata Motors is justified in filing a legal case and protecting it's dealer. Also why a lot of people are talking quite empathetically from Tata's point of view and reading conspiracies and what not. After all the effort that Tata Motors has gone through in purchasing JLR and getting the know-how to make the safe platform.

Of course it is the duty of the customer to ensure that the dealer and manufacturer are completely transparent. If the customer does not do so then the respective entities are well within their rights to employ any means necessary to meet their narrow objectives and seek refuge in the long drawn out legal system in the country.

Long back (10 years plus) I remember the outrage that erupted after a Skoda dealer pulled some shady business with a bhpian related to a service and accident repair of his Skoda Octavia. When push came to shove Skoda joined hands with the dealer. Seems to look like deja vu all over.

For reference :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...e-settled.html (Skoda dealer changes parts in my car = Consumer Court. *UPDATE* Case Settled!)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...users-171.html (Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!)

Drive on,
Shibu

Last edited by shibujp : 12th October 2021 at 13:15.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 16:56   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
I'm considering Nexon vs. Sonet for my first car ownership and reading through many threads on TBHP, I'm quite wary of owning a Tata car (despite being a strong product).
Many people on this forum keep comparing Tata's to Kia's. With a Seltos at home, I might start sounding like a fan boy. TBH, its what I tell my friends when they ask - Tata's are trying to get there. Kia's have already done it.

I realize safety is a BIG issue as it should be. But I'd rather choose a peace of mind car over constantly dealing with niggles that turn into hours of cursing.
BennyA23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 13:19   #64
BHPian

Sorry friends .. without going patiently in the nitty gritties of the present issue, I have a very simple question to ask. Can anyone furnish me with the % of "Lemons" generated by Tatas ..?? To my knowledge, so far Tatas don't generate any 'Lemons' in their automobiles' business. Whatever is manufactured / assembled, is 100% passed on / sold to the market. Please correct me if I am wrong. Regards
Old 16th October 2021, 21:48   #65

Default Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartoosh View Post
2) What is the reason Tata Motors stops variants more often than others in the trade?
I too had the same thought after watching the video and a quick Wiki search supports the facts. None of the current-gen Tata cars have completed 5+ years on the road. Hexa, Bolt, Zest being recently discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
2. Tata motors made some segment firsts and then they went into hibernation without any advancement. When the horizon next strategy was kicked off it underwent a transformation and new products were planned to be rolled out. But it takes time as the organisation it self had to change. So as a stop gap arrangement they upgraded the existing models INDICA to BOLT, INDIGO to ZEST, ARIA to HEXA. They were meant only to keep the company in the game, until new products came into existence. So, that is no brainer to see these models being stopped as this was part of a strategy.
I understand your point, the models are being stopped as a part of the strategy and every automobile organization has to go through this transformation journey to keep up with the ever-changing and demanding market.

What is worrisome in this case is - Tata doesn't feel any of the old car brands have the potential to carry on its legacy (Safari excluded)

If I see some other manufacturers, they have launched completely new cars but branded them as one of their old successful models

Some examples that come to my mind -
  • Hyundai Santro (2018)
  • Maruti Suzuki Baleno (2015)
  • Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo
They (Tata) just wipe the name off the charts and start fresh. This also impacts the owners of such discontinued cars
arpirocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 23:56   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Tata strengthening their noose around such dealers and sharing a clear escalation matrix with customers is the way to go forward.
There is another video posted by this channel for another user from Gujrat.
Like I said above, Tata is heading for a PR disaster which will turn into a brand disaster.
What's worse there is no escalation matrix at Tata Motors and no one takes cognizance.
This guys is facing steering issue from day 1 and service center couldn't trace the fault to steering rack?
His car has been opened twice for AC issue and there are multitude of small problems.
Tata making good looking and safe cars is not enough, you need to provide service as well. I am sure even FNG can rectify such basic issues.

Last edited by PraNeel : 20th October 2021 at 23:58.
PraNeel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 01:24   #67
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
There is another video posted by this channel for another user from Gujrat.
Like I said above, Tata is heading for a PR disaster which will turn into a brand disaster.
Thanks for sharing this video.
Watching all these videos I doubt that someone would like to go with TATA. Someone rightly said in a different thread that
"I would prefer to go with peaceful 2-3 Star GNCAP rated CAR rather than problematic 5 star rated Car"
After-sales experience is the most important this which is why Maruti still rules the INDIAN market even after 0-3 star ratings only.
This is a total Disaster to waste 23-25 Lakhs on Safari.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 21st October 2021 at 01:26. Reason: added one more line
rpmmachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 09:42   #68
BHPian

Here is the last part of the Dada dealership being unable to bring closure to the matter. I don't think he's been strong armed by the unrelenting dealer, but guess he's too stressed due to what he's gone through. He hopes to press criminal charges though.

Don't know if Tata can even enforce the much famed "Tata Code of Conduct".

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 31st October 2021 at 10:02.

Most Viewed