Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2021, 00:03   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Also, I doubt the timing, every thing was quiet and suddenly we see on one side people started questioning XUV 7OO variants and on another side we see this story on Safari thread.

And both the threads are most active.

Can't be coincidence.

-PK
Facebook has these owners clubs for Harrier and Safari , they have regular updates. You can see for yourself if this is an XUV effect or genuine concerns about the product itself.

Team BHP may have an effect on some customers but as with crowning Tata Zest as car of the year, we need to be cognizant about what we are looking for in a car , it may or may not resonate with the larger population out there.
Kosfactor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 01:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I'm not supporting Tata Motors or Dada Motors. I have read about Tata quality issues on the forum. However, my cousin who is now settled in Abu Dhabi had wonderful experience with Safari of 2008 make. No issues till they moved out of India.

I rest my case now
Hmm - basing your views on the second-hand experience of Safari 2008 make - interesting views and the second part equating bad experience across brands is like saying - shit happens, take it on your chin! This is false equivalence in my view.

In any case, my views are not about what action should owner takes or BHP takes, it's their choice, however, let's be clear Indian judicial system option is only suggested by people who have not set foot in Indian courts, whether it is a normal court or consumer court - Courts are epitome of corruption, and its coming from someone who has first-hand experience from lower courts to Supreme Court of India. The Indian companies with money/power are not scared of courts - the only thing they are scared of is the political party in power (read someone with police and enforcement powers) and bad PR.

I think it would help to have a platform for all owners who have a bad experience with products/services to share it and the platform should do fact check for a fee so that prospective customers have the opportunity to see products beyond just the paid advertisements and make their own choice. However, this would be extremely difficult to protect them from the money power of the companies, including legal threats. So, I think it would be extremely difficult ask in present circumstances.

Tata motor's problems with product quality and their ability to make consumer-run around are legendry and I am not surprised at all! They will move mountains to ensure the customer is not afforded a platform to come together and it's always seen as an individual problem - buy some, threaten some, ignore some attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
It seems he has received a legal notice now from Tata (Check the pinned comment posted ~3hrs back).

Could someone familiar with the matter please summarise the issue here?
It was expected and hence you don't see such news coming to the forefront in India, the legal system only enables the powerful to crush dissent.

Remember IIPM - they successfully got the Indian courts to pull down all content across media/internet which was critical of them. They only got destroyed when they lost the support of the ruling party minions

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th October 2021 at 15:16. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
vivek.singh.73 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 16:52   #18
BHPian

Mr. Gagan's Twitter account was erased yesterday (victim of safari scam), I don't know the reasons.
Soon these videos will vanish from youtube and no one will be able to watch them.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 4th October 2021 at 16:55. Reason: updated
rpmmachine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 17:20   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Mr. Gagan's Twitter account was erased yesterday (victim of safari scam), I don't know the reasons.
Soon these videos will vanish from Youtube and no one will be able to watch them.
He has changed the YouTube channel’s name and Twitter account username.

https://twitter.com/QMark_official

Also posting the text of his last email to Tata. He has shared this as screenshots. Formatting maybe a bit off due to image to text conversion.

Quote:

To customercare@tatamotors.com more... on 2021-09-02 13:21

Without Prejudice

Dear Mr Himanshu,
I am writing this straight from my heart... Hopefully you can co relate & act against dealership. It is high time.
all Dealership have money power ... but you guys are not trained to bow down in front of them, at least i won't
I hope by reading article, you will understand difference between Tata Sales//After sales and MG
Article:
A New Entrant MG is setting standards straight ... loud and clear.
https://www.carblogindia.com/mg-hect...w-support-leh/

Now lets see what Tata did...

In case of Tata, My EMI is being deducted reqularly with nothing in my hand and your dealership playing game ( They are silently laughing and smartly//cleverly saying it is 'Game ON' from last 2 months). Why
i say 'cleverly'... Because They have been regularly Calling me// sending people to get RC of my returned vehicle to sell it without uttering a word about my money and my new vehicle or any quick solution.
They involved themselves with Bank and intentionally followed long route to save money for them and killing my time and harassing me in entire process.
Earlier, I had been making rounds of dada motors from date of vehicle purchase of vehicle, to make them accept mistake (in actual intentional//Fraudulent act) of selling me complete faulty//customer
returned 62 km driven vehicle as new (while, in actual a different serial number vehicle was booked by me a day before delivery, which was perfect and was 20 km run on meter) and later now …well close to 2 months after agreem
was reached, I am still making rounds and chasing simple looking but in actual over smart, over clever and masculine people (with hired Bouncers- Retired inspectors suppressing my voice).
Dada Motors, with intention to save money ( and mollified intentions) & full support from Deepak of Tata, has delayed things for another 2 months, even after agreement was reached but never executed in true spir
Why did TATA Guys turn blind eye and let time pass….. all these months?
Your Person :- Deepak, came up 2 months ago ( not adding salutation "Mr" before his name , for he does not deserve any respect)
He came up, had a cup of coffee with Mr Suraj Dada, shook his BOTH hands with single hand of Mr Suraj Dada ( This gesture itself tells who acted INFERIOR and spineless) and left back to never inquire back with me
Was he here on my call or on call of your dealership?
Is he "Spineless"? Certainly "YES"
if you disagree, In that case, he is Certainly not fit for his post... rest you decide.
or is it in TATA's DNA to keep dealer happy and let client suffer and never inquire with your client and only accepting what your Fraud Dealer tells you.
And now after reading this article and my email… it is time to introspect for TATA.
Mr Himanshu, what would have you done? if your EMI was being deducted and earlier money struck with dealer? besides earlier harassments//Mental Agony, if you were subjected to same way.. when you know wror
vehicle was delivered and key intentionally never handed over?
IF you listen to your heart , Your "True" Answer would be : You would have bashed them on all social media platform , sat in front of dealership , seeking justice and ultimately moved to court if no one still acted.
I have soo far been, more disciplined, expecting Tata guys to RISE.
You will also see my Blog pretty soon.
Till date i had been avoiding it, thinking someone in Tata will have "BALLS" to deal with it ..or is it all are "Deepak" here?
Now this Ball is in your court, Either use it and score the Goal against your dealer or let the world know that Tata has people with missing "BALLS"
Dry Ice is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 19:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @Dry_Ice

Fellow Bhpians, especially @RavenAvi I apologise for my foresight as I had no details of this guy's dealings with Tata & Dada Motors. Apparently, the dealer is indeed powerful (politically as mentioned in my post that @RavenAvi quoted) & deployed unethical practice. Clearly a lemon or abused vehicle was passed passed on to him. As per his twitter account he may close this issue with company, & I sincerely hope it happens as none should suffer for bad product. My brother ordered dishwasher few days ago & the company replaced it when the technician at the time of installation reported an issue.

Once again my apologies to all.
CARDEEP is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 20:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

What is utterly disgusting is that the social media team of Tata is still replying with template "Hi xyz, we've taken up Mr. Gagan Kochar's concern and have shared the same with our team for further assistance. Rest assured, it will be resolved soon." when anyone posts his video links on Twitter I got this reply on 12 September, and even today they are posting the same reply.

Resolved soon my foot! What exactly is their definition of "SOON"? It would be really interesting to know that. If this is the way head honchos of Tata are going to treat customers who have clearly been wronged, then sorry. Keep your emotional appeals of being Indian brand to yourself. I am not even bringing in the cost of car here. Safari or Nano, customers of both should get same treatment if they go through something like this. I would indeed think twice before buying a Tata car. Its a pity it has come to this, as their cars in lower segments are really competitive.
AkMar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 09:19   #22
BHPian

Tata motors is the most unethical business house (big business) in the country.
I have had experiences with a lots of their products like motor insurance, life insurance, telecom, housing etc and they never failed to either disappoint or cheat in every case. They are very good with their employees (actually agents which help the company to cheat the unsuspecting customers).
What hurts the most is that they claim and advertise to be the most ethical and honest business group in the country.

My repeated mails (complaints) to Tata-housing are un-acknowledged for a long time.

I just keep safe distance from anything Tata, even the salt.

Be extra cautious while dealing with them, once the payment is made by the customer, its hard to reach them.
Brumby is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 09:28   #23
BHPian

This is disgusting , an upper middle class customer spends his savings made with blood and sweat and this is how Tata treats them. These idiots will soon understand that customers hold the supreme power and not Mr. Bose's sketches or JLR platform derivatives.

Also, to those calling out the person who is suffering after being stuck with a lemon, please please please have some decency. You might be a fanboy, good for you. But understand that so called 'made in India' hoopla doesn't make a car well engineered, neither is Tata offering this crap at a very small amount of money. Hope the issue gets resolved and the customer gets justice, also I hope this serves as a good enough reason for people to reconsider their future or current Tata car bookings.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 11:28   #24
BHPian

In an era where automotive brands are vying to create a direct relationship with the customer Tata Motors is the only brand that keeps pushing customers to resolve with dealers. Its very reflective in the above posts that this exactly is at work. Ultimately IMHO a lemon is the manufacturers responsibility and they need to take ownership of the issue. I have not seen any clarifications from Tata here and that in itself is disappointing.

In my experience during the purchase of my Safari I realized that the local Tata rep. is more sympathetic to the dealer than the customer. None of my interactions even after I reported his apathy to the customer changed my perception of where his loyalties lay. This experience is consistent with my last Safari too. Given the highly competitive market and the improved VFM offerings from competitors(read Mahindra) unless Tata changes this attitude customers are bound to switch. I myself was tempted.

Everyone wants to deal with a brand that is customer friendly and the more premium a brand wants to become the more reassurance customers need. Tata needs a clear and transparent escalation path and above all satisfied customers are the best advertising a brand can have.
nainan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

This is such a disheartening incident to say the least. While I’m sure our forum will influence the right decision to be made after taking a neutral stand, I really hope the customer gets his peace of mind soon enough. Reading few posts which states Harrier / Safari twins being nothing but a conglomeration of multiple parts merged into one from incompetent or unreliable vendors, one thing for sure, Tata Motors just decimated the name “Safari” with the unsorted product.

They should certainly learn a thing or two from Mahindra. They decently exited hatchback segment and focused entirely on wonderful products like Thar, Scorpio and the most advanced XUV 7OO. When Tata has been doing well with hatchbacks & crossovers like Nexon, they should just either fix or stabilize the twins or certainly exit the segment as they screwed this up big time. Do one thing at a time Tata Motors!
gururajrv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:10   #26
BHPian

Re: Brand new 2021 Tata Safari | Breakdown on delivery day, problems continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Vehicle has faults but here the I was able to find that dealership is even bigger fraud.(Dada motors Ludhiana, fellow bhpians please be careful while dealing with this dealership)
Quoting my own post, seems like the guy has made a second video and things have gone legal atleast from his pinned post.

Personally I feel the first video was better and more from heart, second one was more bashing approach.
SideView is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:13   #27
BHPian

I am quite amused by Tata's being bashed for their Housing Division and all other products in this Tata Safari Review. As a Group they are still considered by several surveys as being the most respected and trusted brand in India. There is a disconnect somewhere.

In my personal experience most problems even with lousy dealers and suppliers can be dealt with if one used tact, logic and without much hyperbole in the electronic media. Tata is not at the bottom of the spectrum and having dealt with them I do believe problems can be solved with patience and sometimes persistence.

This is very much a feature in the Indian scene of customer service. There are very few companies with a large number of dealerships nationally who are capable of good customer service. There are exceptions but few and far between. On the other hand sometimes the customer also does not realize that his or her attitude is just as responsible in this murky customer service environment of creating an adversarial situation. This certainly does not help resolution. I am not commenting specifically about the case under reference in this thread.

I would be chary of commenting on the relationship between a customer and the supplier. We don't know the facts other than what we are fed by video or otherwise. In this situation I don't think that Team BHP has any role other than publishing the members letters. At best it can pass these on to the manufacturer and hope they would respond.

I agree with all those who have said that a legal challenge in India will be fruitless as it will take years and one can never be compensated for expense or heartbreak. However, it makes sense to raise it through the Customer Forum where resolution should take much less time. I would suggest to the member to file a complaint to the Customer Forum and spend energy in pursuing it.
ashokabs is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Even after Tata Motors' top management is actively involved in this case now, their no-action and deaf ears is simply mind-boggling. No wonder the dealer has the final say in any/all such cases.

So, before getting all patriotic and emotional about the "Made in India", "Make in India", "Vocal for Local" calls resounding in our country today, take a deep breath, watch these videos, and make a better, sound decision.
A very myopic view of both those initiatives and somewhat bordering to the extent of shaming citizens who do not adhere to the Marxist theory of nations without borders.

That said, what is make in India? An import driven economy will never prosper. The fiscal deficit will always climb when a country will be dependent on imports. The "make in India" initiative is there to stop the outflow of Indian citizen's money to other countries. So that the money earned by Indians can be spent domestically and the capital remains in the country. This will increase the purchasing power of citizens which will further help in growth of companies and thus more revenue generation for social expenditure. A cyclical stage. This initiative is to encourage foreign and Indian manufacturers to set up their production in India.

Vocal for local does not mean to compromise on quality. Afterall every country give incentives and subsidies to their own corporations. Like few weeks back, American law makers gave respite of tens of billions of dollars to American EV car manufacturers through various incentives and denied the same to Japanese car duo Toyota and Honda. This is protectionism. European countries have tariff based protection on machinery and even on FMCG's. No one cried and protectionism works. But Indian government initiative is not discriminatory. The initiative meant that products be made competitive vis-a-vis global brands. It didn’t mean that one must only buy products that have a logo ‘made in India’ on it. It encourages quality manufacturing.

There is a brand crisis among Indian car manufacturers in comparison with foreign manufacturers. Skoda a car that has lower brand value than Kia internationally and is mired with thousand and one problems gets recommended right and left with its inevitable failure of gearboxes. VW sells older versions of cars and still find buyers. The company has also committed the biggest crime ever by a car manufacturer. GM made engine like vortec 5300 which were made to fail. Ford murdered their buyers knowingly by selling cars where transmissions failed on highways. Ford sold cars where they knew that cars are susceptible to fire due to wrong placement of fuel tank which eventually killed 100's of buyers. Hyundai repeatedly makes unsafe cars mired with several problems including brakes.

Just look at one initiative of make in India- Photovoltaic cells used in solar power generation and how the world shat its pant on this initiative. WTO threatened with tariffs, China started dumping cheap cells, was it possible for china without their governmental subsidy? We were funding our own enemy with our own hard earned money. Only with strong governmental resolution we passed that threat and now we are on road to increase our production only by 2030. India’s solar cells and modules imports fell to $571.65 million in the last financial year from $2.16 billion and $1.68 billion in 2018-19 and 2019-20 respectively and our power generation capacity has increase annually. Of $571.65 million worth solar cells and module imports by India in 2020-21, China alone accounted for $494.87 million. Governments have limited resources and with more imports it makes the overall situation even more problematic.

Tata makes some good and bad cars. My contention is to keep it limited to Tata and in no way it reflects our society. Making bad cars or parts is not a societal problem as it is often made to look like. Hyundai never addresses its customers problems, should we blame it on South Korean culture as almost all senior positions and personnel in every department in Hyundai and Kia are filled by South Koreans.
Sran is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 14:44   #29
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Dada Motors should rename itself to Dadagiri Motors

I think the customer should file a consumer case against Tata Motors and a criminal case against this local dada for threatening. Tata Motors which owns luxury brands like Jaguar, Land Rover and thinks it is above everyone in terms of ethics should be ashamed of itself. This applies to every company irrespective of the sector. Even after owning such brands and having exposure to technical centres abroad, Tata cannot improve its quality and service which is pathetic.
CarNerd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 17:36   #30
BHPian

The video gave me goosebumps and I really want the guy to get the compensation he deserves along with a new car. Some time back in 2016 I had booked a Tata for my parents and after some research cancelled the car & booked a Hyundai instead. Glad I made that decision then and now I will think 1000 times investing on Tata cars again. I will go bonkers if I have to invest so much of money on a new car which will bring out nothing but pain & agony. My FIL an ex Tata employee from Jamshedpur but when it came to Tata cars he ran into an opposite direction . I truly respect Sir Ratan tata & Tata company, but this is not acceptable from Tata by any means.
sam_machine is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed