Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2021, 11:03   #1
BHPian

Hyundai dealer gives live video streaming of my Venue's servicing

My Venue iMT’s 2nd Service (1 year) is happening right now as I type at Modi Hyundai Goregaon, and they are offering live streaming of your car’s servicing!

Hyundai dealer gives live video streaming of my Venue's servicing-22f5a9f3315e4954b740f1a475cafdae.jpeg

I watched the tyre removal and alignment, the raising of the car and subsequent oil draining, and the filling of the new oil and reattachment of tyres, along with the A/C and engine bay cleaning.

The stream covered basically everything that I’d want to see to verify in person without the awkwardness and intrusion of standing in a workshop or a viewing/waiting room where you’re more likely to get in the way and be “that guy”.

The representative came to pick up my car at the scheduled time of 7:30 AM sharp, the service started at 09:50 AM and ended at 10:30 AM. I received the live stream link via text and mail a few minutes before the start of service, and they were waiting to start until they were sure I could view the stream properly.

Combining free pick-up and drop along with live streaming truly feels like it has redefined the service experience, and it’s almost a guarantee that I’ll be coming back to them provided there are no other niggles found later on. I feel engaged and in control in the process without stepping out from my home or taking a leave/half-day from office to spend at the A.S.S.

Closing shot of the Team-BHP sticker on VenueGopal!

Hyundai dealer gives live video streaming of my Venue's servicing-240afbdc7c8043b7a28f5481f9e72522.jpeg
wolfsnare24 is offline   (133) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:08   #2
BHPian

Re: My experience with Hyundai's Mumbai dealers (and a comparison)

That is excellent .

That solves the suspense and suspicion issues to a large extent. Well done to Hyundai!.

One reason why some have even moved to FNGs is because of not being able to see what is happening while prohibiting entry to the service area . This initiative will go a long way in terms of trust.
Nalin1 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 07:52   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai dealer gives live video streaming of my Venue's servicing

Thanks for sharing, wolfsnare24! Moving your post out to a new thread. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Will add to homepage later this week .

@ BHPians, if you should spot any good post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 08:28   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a good initiative. Since I don't prefer to stand around at a service center and monitor the service, I normally prefer to use 3rd party service providers who manage the servicing and constantly give updates via photos and videos. This sort of an initiative will definitely help and hope more service centers adopt it.

Is this some sort of a pilot program for specific vehicles for specific services( like the 1st year service) or available to all customers?

I guess the technicians on the service floor will not be too happy with this and the centre may also have to deal with interference from customers. So will be interesting to see if this can sustain.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 00:15   #5
BHPian

I believe this service is available for all customers. As for the floor technicians, they have orders not to start the work until the customer has verified that they are able to see the live stream.

I think it’s also more of a CYA move for the workshop where the costs of setting up and operating this system would eventually pay off when they won’t spend as much resources to fight service complaints.

Plus there’s a strong undercurrent of mistrust towards most A.S.S. or garages, the word of mouth publicity of such an initiative should be more than enough to flip several customers who’d go to competing service centres and increase revenue.

Seems like a win-win situation all around, which means we could hope to see this as standard fare in the near future.
wolfsnare24 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 10:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Waav. This shows the transparency of the dealership towards the service they offer. Wish this becomes standard operating procedure in future.

In recent times, even during medical surgical procedure, they capture videos and share it with patients. Hope the dealership do not charge you extra for this value added service.
gkveda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 08:59   #7
BHPian

A very smart move! Not only is this something that is great for the customer but is also great for the company should there be any claims of wrongdoing later on.

I think this is especially important in our country where dealers and service centres actively engage in certain unethical and cheap strategies, we have seen a range of those stories on our forum already.

Very glad Hyundai started something like this, hopefully, others will follow too!
Old 5th November 2021, 11:46   #8
BHPian

This is great. I make sure that I stand next to my car while its being serviced, which typically last for 4-6 hours. With service like this, I can just grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy the view from my home. Would love to see this as standard for all dealers.

@Mods: Thanks for moving this as a new thread.
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 12:06   #9
BHPian

Venuegopal is the best car name I have heard, in a very long time.
sagaranjos is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 12:47   #10
BHPian

Yes! I too thought that was a Very Neat name. Guess there will now be a line of names like VenueSrinivasan, VenueKa.....etc.

That Service View is a Great Idea. I've not had the viewing issue with TATA. Yet. They do not generally make a fuss if I need to be on the shop floor. But it would be great if all manufacturers employ the same method too.
boohooper is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 14:14   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Waav. This shows the transparency of the dealership towards the service they offer. Wish this becomes standard operating procedure in future.

In recent times, even during medical surgical procedure, they capture videos and share it with patients. Hope the dealership do not charge you extra for this value added service.
Hi, please do not mind, but shouldn't we be happy at this service even if it is charged rationally. I would prefer paying for this rather than guessing later if the required job was done properly or not.
I am in a service industry and imho Customers should be ready to pay ( obv not exorbitant amount) in case they benefit from the service.
Although in this case ASS might not be charging for the service as this practice will any which way lead to increase in footfalls leading to jump in Revenue.
Shanks_Jazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 15:44   #12
BHPian

M&M tried something similar after 1st lock down was lifted in 2020 and failed miserably in the execution. I was told I will receive a link for live video, I received it but the video did not start. Upon contacting service center, they said it is not setup yet. I guess it was a pilot project which never took off.

It is really interesting to see live video of your vehicle getting serviced. Peace of mind on things like are they actually changing the parts like filters etc and replacing the oil properly? Anyone mishandling the vehicle? The mechanics will also be aware that they are being watched continuously and might not mishandle the vehicle. Overall it will be a fruitful measure if implemented properly unlike Mahindra.
Old 5th November 2021, 16:04   #13
BHPian

This is indeed any BHPians fantasy/ dream come true. Seeing your car get serviced, from the luxury of your home/ work place, is something that most of us will appreciate. I for one like to see what work has been done on my car, and such inititiaves, if followed by other brands, will save me a lot of time. I will definetely be willing to pay for this service.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 19:36   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagaranjos View Post
Venuegopal is the best car name I have heard, in a very long time.
Hahaha thanks! When we got the car and were brainstorming names, I knew i wanted something ridiculously fun. Repeating “Venue…venue…venue…” out a few times, I blurted out “Venue…gopal?” and we could not stop laughing Instantly we knew this was the one!
wolfsnare24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 19:53   #15
BHPian

Love this initiative! Trust deficit between customers and ASS has reached a level when the ASS need to do something like this to recover. The advent of third party repair organizations like GoMechanic etc must have hurt!

Most Viewed