Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2007, 21:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
I personally get my OHC serviced with an independent workshop.They are reasonable as long as you have patience to stand alongside and have a check on job.Car gets better attention and you may save a few bucks too.
Agreed they do much better work & give you personal attention. Only difference at the garage I use is that you don't have to stand around, they do a very good job in any case & need not be supervised.

Quote:
For the paint job i think the quote is exorbitant.Traffic in delhi makes you land in these situations easily.
Agreed that quote is a bit too much. An indpendent workshop with a top-quality job should sort you out for around 2.5-3.5k

Quote:
I mostly get mine painted at Autopsyche - neat job -better prices.Try a quotes from them too.
And ship the car down from Pune to get it painted here
Old 6th June 2007, 09:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
And ship the car down from Pune to get it painted here

Srry!! Didnt realised hes from Pune as the flow went for service centres in & around NCR.

Spark.
Old 6th June 2007, 12:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Srry!! Didnt realised hes from Pune as the flow went for service centres in & around NCR.

Spark.
Who knows - I may drive down to Delhi and if that happens...
More importantly, I really wanted to know Honda service cost and experience nation-wide. And I am yet to find any reasonably priced Honda A.S.S. :-(

Long live Maruti.
First - they relieved us from the cages of Premier and Hindustan and now they have audio controls on the steering... and all these things servicable at reasonable cost...I just wished they had a good car
Old 13th June 2007, 16:54   #19
BHPian

Gee. Spark ! I didn't konow Autopsyche undertakes minor paint jobs.
I wrote to Arush a little while back reg some basis mods. He was very helpful, but I backed off cos the prices seems a bit out of reach.
I work in Udyog Vihar,..and Autopsyche is just a couple of kms away. Will check them out next time.

By the way I compared some qoutes from RRHonda GGN, and a indepoendant for some minor jobs the diff was 12000 vs 3000. The finsh was as good at the independent.

Thanks.
Old 13th June 2007, 16:57   #20
BHPian

I think a good mechanic with a neat paint shop has to be a T-bhpian's best freind !! A wish , which I dont know when would come true !!.
Old 13th June 2007, 17:00   #21
BHPian

Sx 4 Mate !

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Who knows - Long live Maruti.
First - they relieved us from the cages of Premier and Hindustan and now they have audio controls on the steering... and all these things servicable at reasonable cost...I just wished they had a good car
Anand ,....Doesn't the Sx 4 count as a really good car !!.
I would buy the ZXI with leather in a heartbeat if I wasnt stuck with a 11 mon th ol Honda. (Would Loose too much if I slog it right now)
Old 13th June 2007, 19:58   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, SX4 is a very good car - on paper.
I don't know if it's a really good car on road (I hope it is). I need to drive it to find out.

And for me, Fuel Efficiency was (and still is) an important parameter which goes in favour of Honda. But I guess a low service (and ownership) cost of SX4 (if it is low) may compensate to some extent...
Old 13th June 2007, 23:53   #23
BHPian

hi! torque-ative, where did u get your car dented and painted from? If in gurgaon, can you tell me the location?
Old 24th October 2007, 23:38   #24
BANNED

guys...i have a very small dent on my white honda civic, just got it few days back, so its brand new. its on the bottom right of the rear door on the pointed line beside the rear door side mouldings. i will post the pic soon. the paint hasnt come off, so can it be repaired or filled.
Old 1st December 2007, 18:53   #25
BANNED

courtesy honda

hey guys, i am about to give my civic for its 1st service, please advice which is the best service center by far in delhi. as per all the posts, courtesy honda seems to be the best option. i stay in gurgaon, but i am skeptic to give it to Ring road honda gurgaon, after hearing many horror stories, so pleace advice.
Old 1st December 2007, 19:12   #26

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

have been facing problems with my nhc vtec as well.the car goes for servicing to prime Honda,ghaziabad and the service is pathetic.the fiat service station is better than that, where i get my siena serviced.my vtec has done 40k kms and has a loud clickity-tap-tap noise coming from the engine head.the car has gone to the service station 3 times and the issue still hasnt been addressed.there are some scratches on the rear bumper and i have asked them countless times to get it touched up,but whenever i go to collect the car in the evening,they give an excuse that the paint wasn't available or the painter hasn't come..blah blah.
the guys who wash the car have applied some sort of a dashboard polish on the meters console and now the dials aren't clearly visible.
whoever said Honda's a.s.s is good should be hanged!!!
didn't expect this from Honda..pathetic service.
I wonder why we don't highlight Honda's pathetic a.s.s compared to fiat.
Old 1st December 2007, 19:23   #27
Senior - BHPian

its the same old story at all HONDA service stations...i have tried one in cochin, chennai and now ring road - gurgaon...

they all are the same..2 weeks back i gave my car for some paint work - thanks to gurgaon - within a week after landing here my car had more scratches than it picked up in the last 6 years in cochin/chennai...

i checked around with some tbhpians - since i could not get any workshop in this area - finally gave the car to ring road

i atleast expected them to do a decent job given the time they took and the repeated postponement of the delivery date..

but as u mentioned - paint job was far from the expected quality for the price paid !!!

this is what i got painted
1) rear quarter panel - right side
2) front bumper - only the LH, RH panels
3) rear bumper - only LH panel
4) complete bonnet
5)boot lid alone
6) LH and RH ORVMs

all this was ONLY painting - no other dent work
for this i paid 13500 + taxes !!!

apart from this i requested many other checks to be done
as expected - none got done at all...
to top it - they broke my LH - ORVM and tried billing me for that !!
they also tried billing me for front and rear bumper mid section and i had to point out that it was not painted at all !!
finally the bonnet was not even fitted properly - it started coming of loosely once i started the car !!!

to top it - these as#$%^ swapped my unidirectional tires to the wrong side - this despite telling the nuts over there atleast 10 times before leaving

finally i just told them - prepare the bill and allow me to leave - im never coming back to u guys...

and trust me - no matter how well honda makes its cars IM NEVER GONA BUY ANOTHER HONDA -period
Old 2nd December 2007, 18:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Honda and service

As many others have said here Honda service and attitude sucks big time. I have had a problem with Prime in Ghaziabad from before I took delivery.
Me and a colleague bought City's in early 2005. Both of us got the car financed from our bank which was giving us a better deal than the financier at Prime. Prime refused to deliver the cars because they'd had a bad experience with our bank in the past! They wanted cash upfront from the bank. Hence they felt it right to inconvenience the customer rather than sort it out with the bank.
During routine service they often get things wrong and I have to resend the car to get things rectified.
While the car is in warranty they try their level best to not change things that need changing. Example - my front seat belts stopped winding back - they'd stay extended. And my rear door would not stay in the open position.
After my car completed 40k kilometers. they happily changed everything and presented me a bill. Luckily I had got extended warranty, which the service adviser didn't bother to check before going on his changing spree. When I told him I had extended warranty he was crestfallen. The look on his face was priceless!
The only thing I was happy with at Prime was their denting, painting repair job. they did a very good job fixing damage from an accident earlier this year.
I have four other colleagues who drive various Hondas and have the same tales of poor service to tell with Southend and Ring Road Honda.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2007, 19:14   #29
BANNED

guys, i still haven't got a reply regarding a decent honda service center other than ring road in gurgaon. how about courtesy honda in okhla.
Old 2nd December 2007, 19:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Regarding Ring Road Honda in Gurgaon, I also had a complaint which was because of their indifference in responding to a customer query. I wrote to Honda and that was rectified immediately. Unfortunate that since you are in Gurgaon, Ring Road Honda is nearest to you. I have heard that Prime in Vaishali is decent, but that would be very far for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks