Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 15:57   #61
BHPian

a billion reasons not to buy a Honda Accord

All,

Please read letter written to head for Ring Road Honda Gurgaon:
Dear Mr. Kapur
I am writing this e-mail to you with reference to poor servicing of my car Honda Accord registration DL XXX XXXX at your Honda car showroom.

This car that I own was bought straight from the showroom approx. 4 years ago. It has since covered a mere 45,000 kms and has since constantly caused problems. Let me start from the history of problems I have had with this car and the kind of money I have paid to get this rectified:
  • 9,000 Kms – Steering juddering if one applies brakes at over 100 Kms an hour
Diagnosis: Brake pads worn
Money paid: INR 12,000 for replacement of brake pads of all 4 wheels
  • 11,000 Kms – Problem returns
Diagnosis: Brake discs are worn un-evenly
Solution: The brake discs go for phase turning on a lathe machine.
Money paid – INR 4,800
  • 12,000 Kms – Problem returns
Diagnosis – Brake discs need replacement
Solution – Brake discs replaced
Money paid – INR 20,000
  • Sunglass holder does not work
Diagnosis – Needs replacement
Money paid – INR 6,000
  • Centre Console rattle
Diagnosis – Centre bottle holder
Money paid – INR 5,000
Problem still not resolved
  • Clutch pedal becomes rock hard and cannot be depressed with ease
Diagnosis – Replacement of clutch assembly at 27,000 Kms
Money paid – INR 32,000
  • Front right door handle breaks off
Diagnosis – Needs replacement and promised arrival in Honda stock in 15 days
The handle arrives in 2 months ( 60 DAYS!!)
Money paid – INR 6,000
  • Power steering fluid hose ruptures
Diagnosis – Needs replacement and promised arrival in Honda stock in 15 days
The hose arrives in 2 months (60 DAYS!!)
Money paid – INR 5,000
  • Door slides ( restrainers which stop the door from swinging while open ) are making noise
Diagnosis – All 4 sliders on all doors need replacement
Money estimated: INR 1800 \ slider = INR 7,200 for 4 sliders
  • Car – alarm system installed by Honda goes for a toss right after servicing done by Ring Road Honda at 46,000 Kms
This cost sheet given above is over and above the regular cost of INR 3000 – 4000 paid by me for every service done at 5000 Kms at Ring Road Honda.
Frankly speaking, I have owned a couple of high end luxury cars in the recent years but the level of poor quality (Product + Service), I have only managed to experience with Honda.

I am not someone who does not pay money to keep his cars in top shape, infact I go all the way and put synthetic oils in all my cars except the Honda which I get serviced from Ring Road.

Cherry on top of the cake is the rude, un-professional, in-competent behavior displayed openly by your staff employed at this workshop.
Any recommendation for your product, in particular your workshop is extremely hard for me to part with.
I can only hope by reading this e-mail, you understand that genuine customers under such circumstances will for their own life as well as the lives for people around them, never recommend a showroom such as yours.

Looking forward to a reply which offers at the minimum least, a look into the problem this vehicle has caused, as well as into the problems caused to many such customers as myself, by your staff.

Last edited by Shrikar : 27th October 2009 at 16:01.
Old 14th February 2010, 20:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Truly Unprofessional – Ring Road Honda, Gurgaon

As I have mentioned on the Civic maintenance thread that my horn was not working and Pearl Honda diagnosed that the Fuse Box Assembly is the culprit and it was needed to be replaced which they did not have in stock.

I drive normally 100 kms a day and it was getting really difficult for me to drive without horn. I knew that I will not get time to get it fixed before next Sunday, I thought let me try my luck with Ring Road Honda, Gurgaon if they have this part in their stock.

I reached there at 10:20 AM today. I was attended by a Service Advisor (Mr. Vinod Sharma) in 10 minutes. He listened to me and accepted my words not to waste time in diagnosing the problem as Pearl Honda has already spent 3 hours in doing that. He promptly checked and confirmed that the part is available with them.

I myself saw the part and was quite satisfied. SA assured me that it will be replaced in one hour and after that if I wanted, he could get my 35k service done because there will be enough time left. He requested me to sit in the customer lounge as customers are not allowed in the service area. He assured me that he will call me once the work is over.

I called him after one hour and he told me that the work is going on in my car and it will take slightly more time, how much more time, he will check and confirm me in 5 minutes. I did not get any call even after one more hour.

After waiting for two hours, I reached their service area and saw that a mechanic is relaxing in the car and enjoying the music. After seeing me, he started the work at 12:30. I called the SA, and he gave me multiple excuses and on top of that he asked me what other option I had but to wait because this part is available only with them.

Anyways, the work started and fuse box was replaced quite fast, at 1:00PM, only side and front panels was to be fixed, the mechanic said it is their lunch time and the rest of the work including getting the gate pass will take 15-20 minutes and by that time their lunch time will be over so left of the work will be done after lunch time at 1:30PM.

I again went to customer lounge and came back in the service area at 1:30PM. The mechanic came back at 1:40 and he finished his work in 10 minutes. I told him put scanner (with laptop) and check if all electricals are working. He assured me that there is no need unless there is any malfunction light blinks.

I called up the SA and told him that the car is ready and requested him to bring the car near gate and get me the gate pass. He told me that he was having lunch and will do the things after he finishes his lunch. Waited for him for 30 minutes but he did not come. Called him but he did not pick up the phone.

By that time (2:20PM), I was really very frustrated and approached service reception and asked for service manager (Mr. Lalit Kumar). She told me that he was having lunch and will be back shortly.

I think all of them have 5 star lunch which takes 1-2 hours.

After 15 minutes, spoke to a lady executive and she called SA and tried to get things done but even after that just getting the gate pass took 15 minutes more. Finally I got the gate pass at 2:45PM.

So, for the 40 minutes work, they kept me waiting 4 hours and 15 minutes that too when I myself reached in the service area otherwise God know how much time it would have taken.

After reaching back home, realized that my reverse parking sensor is not working. After checking it again came to know that reverse light is also not working and because of that sensors are not working as they take supply from reverse lights. May be this fuse box is also faulty.

So, I will have to again spend, God know how many hours, with these people again.

In the evening, got a call from the SA that he forgot to take a photocopy of the extended warranty booklet and asked me to fax it. Assured him I have all the time in the world for them and I will visiting them tomorrow for my reverse light, at that time he can take as many copies as he wants.

Other observation:

• In customer lounge, 2 PCs have been kept and both of them are occupied my Ring Road Honda Staff (Male/Female) doing orkut/Facebook throughout the time I was there.
• No water/tea/coffee facility in customer lounge. Machines are there but do not work. Nobody serves it from outside also.
• An LCD TV/Dish TV is there and when other customer are watching movie, 2-3 Ring Road Honda employee come every 15 minutes to check the latest score of Australia – West Indies 4th ODI. When the match get excited, there were even 5-6 employee discussing it very loudly and predicting the final outcome and the customers were really getting irritating saying “begaani shaadi mein abdulla diwana”.
• Mechanics were in their uniform but nobody else (including SAs and others). You really can not distinguish between a sweeper, SA and a driver (customer’s).

I have visited Apra with the Swift I had last year and found it much much better than Ring Road Honda.

Also, 2 years ago, Ring Road Honda, Peera Garhi replaced my shock absorber with a faulty one when I left my car to them for servicing. After complaining at various levels, they replaced it. I still have the proof.

Whenever I need to visit Honda Workshop, it literally gives me so much headache that it takes me days/weeks to make up my mind. Every time I visit their workshop, I promise myself again and again not to buy Honda cars again in life no matter how good cars they make.
Old 15th February 2010, 14:28   #63
BHPian

Just report the entire incident to Honda. Just a web-complaint on their site can do. I did the same thing last month and I got a good response from Honda and the dealer. Things were promptly set right. Checkout my thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...bangalore.html
Old 15th February 2010, 16:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

Last night, Honda website feedback submission was not working fine. Sent an email (with link to this thread) to Ring Road Honda management and media contact mail ids I could find on Honda's website.

Got apology calls from G.M.-Service and one other senior because I have sent email. Otherwise many more who have limited access to net, suffer with the pathetic service they get.
Old 19th February 2010, 15:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

one gets far better service if you are a small car owner.

fact of the matter is given the " in general" reliable product and the fact that its not a mass brand means that many such incidents even cummulatively does not impact Honda sales much.
so Honda continues to make do with such shoddy unprofessional, unethical service levels.

God please save me from the Honda fan boys now !

disclaimer: own a OHC, serviced not at the A.S.S.
Old 9th October 2010, 22:02   #66
BHPian

Guys,

Need some help. I understand this might not be the appropriate place for this post however...Can someone let me know of a good Non-Honda authorised service center for suspension overhaul required for my OHC.

Cheers
Old 25th February 2014, 18:20   #67
BHPian

Re: Pathetic Service at Ring Road Honda-GURGAON

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
u got a quick response for ur complaint bcos it was a sales related complaint...these are always sorted fast bcos anybody wants to sell more cars...

try doing this when u have a problem with service and then u would realise why HONDA continues to be way down on the JD powers charts...
Hey, are these JD Power Charts publicly view-able online? Do they have one specifically for reliability/after sales service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I really hope that even if you write for service problems to Honda thru email, they should get back soon. At my 10K service for Corolla with Galaxy Okhla in 9/2007, after servicing and prior to washing, they kept the window open for 10-15 mins in the sun. Since I was there, I could see it. As a result, the interiors must have got dirtied. I raised this issue with service manager. After coming back, I wrote to Toyota on web on a Sunday. Next morning on Monday, I got a call from Toyota Bangalore followed soon by a call from Galaxy Okhla. They apologised, sent a driver to my home (next Saturday when I was at home), picked up my car, got it cleaned and drycleaned again, filled it with petrol, and returned it to me at home.
Had a very similar experience with Toyota in Gurgaon - After a routine service, I got a call from Toyota Bangalore (they have their service HQ or something there, I guess) asking me whether I was satisfied with the service - I stated I wasn't due to a minor issue (the driver window had a minor niggle).
The Toyota service station in Gurgaon called me 10 times in the next 2 days asking when they can come and pick up the vehicle to rectify the issue - when I could finally spare the car - they picked it up, rectified the problem, threw in a washing/cleaning too and returned the car in 3 hours flat!

I've been a fan of Toyota's absolutely no nonsense approach with after sales service - hand over the keys, state the issues (though there rarely are any) and that's it - they take care of it. AND the spares are so affordable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
The very same thing happened to my NHC clutch.
This one's harder than my friends gypsy. They said they (RRH, Gurgaon) would bleed it. But nothing came out of it. The rubber clutch peggs have been changed twice already, they've worn down that fast (I dont touch the clutch untill I need to change)

Lately the first and the second cog have been very hard to slot,..i dont know if there is trouble looming with the clutch or the gear's. My cars done 22k till date.
Hey Torque - I've been having a similar issue with the Honda Brio (run ~10,000 KMs). The 1st and 2nd gears are really hard to slot. The Honda service station guys haven't been able to fix it over 3 visits. Did you finally manage to have this issue resolved? How? What was the resolution?
Old 26th February 2014, 15:07   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I've been a fan of Toyota's absolutely no nonsense approach with after sales service - hand over the keys, state the issues (though there rarely are any) and that's it - they take care of it. AND the spares are so affordable.
I have 2 Toyota cars and I have not visited a service station since 2010. There has been no ill effect on the car as a result. Just call when service is due (usually they call first), get pick up and delivery at Rs. 400, and get the car in the evening with no after service issues at all. The best thing is that one can write to Toyota and expect a quick and satisfactory response to any complaint. I have done it twice and both times it was done to my satisfaction.
Old 26th February 2014, 15:19   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I have 2 Toyota cars and I have not visited a service station since 2010. There has been no ill effect on the car as a result. Just call when service is due (usually they call first), get pick up and delivery at Rs. 400, and get the car in the evening with no after service issues at all. The best thing is that one can write to Toyota and expect a quick and satisfactory response to any complaint. I have done it twice and both times it was done to my satisfaction.
Precisely! With Toyota, what you see is truly what you get - no hanky panky nonsense. We have a Corolla Altis which has run 1 Lakh+ now - I can't tell the difference in running from when it was new - and it is maintained entirely by the A.S.S folks - no headache to the customer.

If Toyota had a car in the C2 segment (City/Verna/etc) - anyone who's had the Toyota experience wouldn't even consider any other car.
Old 13th March 2020, 19:24   #70
BHPian

Add this the long list of Authorized Service Stations to avoid. Got my car serviced here sometime in December.
1. They were unable to fix a sound from brakes. (still charged for "brake cleaning") I was told to come again the next day when a different head mechanic was on duty. I got it fixed from an FNG soon after where I was shown the unnis- bees mismatch between the pads and shims which meant either the pads installed on my car (third gen) were from the fourth gen City or they swapped the shims from another car in previous services.

2. Checked the whole car inside out (except under the bonnet) on delivery and was extremely happy it came the same way I gave it. Paid the bill and just before I reached the exit, decided to check under the bonnet too and got a rude shock. The air intake housing and a another clip on the bonnet were missing.Service advisor went MIA and manager/ person at reception was clueless. The service advisor turned up 10 min later and promptly took off the clips of another customer's car and put it on mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Pathetic Service at Ring Road Honda-GURGAON-3002.jpg  

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 13th March 2020 at 19:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks