Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 12:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

@razor - 1100D had the same problem with Ganges Ford (remember his ECM problem). i wonder what are these guys upto. they are just like the local political party leaders. they'l treat you like God before Vote and won't ever care for you after they have won the election.

i have been to Jalan Distributors' M.A.S.S. (when dad bought his m800) and they were very prompt and their quality of work was pretty good. atleast the service engineers were / are helpful and prompt.

i guess they are being lazy. if you guys have a personal driver, ask him to give a close watch on the HM guys. they are unprofessional and lazy. most importantly they are being ignorant. IMO get the work done by them and never look back. there are many garages in Cal and they can do pretty good work may be at par or even better than the HM guys.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 29th May 2007 at 12:34.
Old 29th May 2007, 12:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

@planet: agreed about the non-authorized workshops... in fact, the guy at Shah is outsourcing some of his work to these garages since some of his people are absent. the work is done at Shah by external people.
and they have a policy about drivers - they don't let them observe the work (don't ask me why). plus, our driver is busy all day and cannot do any supervision work!
we need to look around for a quality workshop.
Old 29th May 2007, 13:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

dude, I really feel sad for the sorry state you have been through.

HM previously used to force HM dealerships to Mitsubishi guys (aka amabassador and Contessa) which kept many potential dealers away.

lately when the sales dwindled, most good dealers swtiched and hence HM has been entertaining very small dealers also, compromising on quality in the process.

BTW, do check if this guy is a sub-dealer or not. why not try the other guy. Austin motors?
Old 29th May 2007, 14:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
BTW, do check if this guy is a sub-dealer or not. why not try the other guy. Austin motors?
Somehow, based on feedback on Austin, I'm not too keen on taking that chance. Would much rather find an independent garage that does a good job. That will be cheaper as well.

And no, this guy is not a sub-dealer.
Old 30th May 2007, 18:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

They strike again!
Just got the car back - a day late of course. The work is still as shoddy as ever.
The dashboard has been painted badly, with white patches on some grey/black areas. Like last time, there are black smudges all over the grey areas. The paint quality is so poor, that when I gently scratched the dash with my nail, most of it came of...
There are several other things that have not been taken care of.
The workshop guy refuses to pick up the phone now.
So I sent a complaint mail to the HM customer support address provided on their website (customersupport@hindustan-motors.com), but that bounced!! Then I called up the number provided, and they said people had left for the day and they would call back tomorrow - took my number and name.
So, let's see if they actually do call back. If not, I will call again - am too pi$$ed to take this lying down.
Will try to post pics of their quality of work sometime soon.
Old 30th May 2007, 19:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

dont take this lightly. they havent returned your car the way you wanted them to. do a small TD when you reach home and check if the wheel beering sounds and door hinges sound has been taken care of. as for the dash - if they have tried spray painting on the oily dash (was it glossy type before?) without sandpapering it a bit - i guess the paint will not stick properly IMO.

some one in the forum DIY spray painted the dash in silver (i guess a baleno guy - designation???). but whatever - they were not upto the mark.

as for the HM guys - dont give them a chance to say, "oh what a relief!".

off topic:
as for the rest - you know whom to approach for the body work and engine work.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 30th May 2007 at 19:11.
Old 30th May 2007, 20:36   #22
BHPian

Razor - Talking of independent workshops their is a place called Bright Motors, I guess he is one of the best in cal as far as tinwork and paint goes. its on samshul huda rd. you need to go in till the end on the road opposit Methai on Ballygaunge circular road. I have had had lot of plesent experiences with them
Old 30th May 2007, 21:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
dont take this lightly. they havent returned your car the way you wanted them to. do a small TD when you reach home and check if the wheel beering sounds and door hinges sound has been taken care of. as for the dash - if they have tried spray painting on the oily dash (was it glossy type before?) without sandpapering it a bit - i guess the paint will not stick properly IMO.

some one in the forum DIY spray painted the dash in silver (i guess a baleno guy - designation???). but whatever - they were not upto the mark.

as for the HM guys - dont give them a chance to say, "oh what a relief!".

off topic:
as for the rest - you know whom to approach for the body work and engine work.
I am not taking this lightly. If they think they can get away with this kind of rotten service, they are mistaken.

and regd the other work.. i know for sure i'm not taking it to shah automobiles!!!

@ritayan: thanks for the info.. will check it out.
Old 30th May 2007, 22:03   #24
BHPian

Razor,
I am extremely sorry that you are undergoing this. I totally understand your situation.

I pity Montero owners. Man ! With this skilled labour, what will they do, if there is some kind of complication in transmission ??? I wonder.

Jai...
Old 30th May 2007, 22:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Razor - Talking of independent workshops their is a place called Bright Motors, I guess he is one of the best in cal as far as tinwork and paint goes. its on samshul huda rd. you need to go in till the end on the road opposit Methai on Ballygaunge circular road. I have had had lot of plesent experiences with them
Bright Motors owned by Rafiq - this is where i get my car done. he does a very good job. but they dont have heat chamber. but quality of work is pretty good like i said.

@razor - if you want details of this guy, i can give you the same. dont get excited after checking out his Garage. its near Kochi's Garage (the place from where 1100D got his car done) i know both of these guys in person.

@ritayan - mithai is off Syed Amir Ali Avenue and not B.C. Rd.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 30th May 2007 at 22:58.
Old 31st May 2007, 00:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post
Razor,
I am extremely sorry that you are undergoing this. I totally understand your situation.

I pity Montero owners. Man ! With this skilled labour, what will they do, if there is some kind of complication in transmission ??? I wonder.

Jai...
This is the funny part - they aren't half bad at fixing the mechanical stuff. i needed wheel bearings changed - that was detected and changed with no hassle. true, parts and labour are on the expensive side, but at least that part of my dealings with them was trouble-free.
there are a couple of good mechanics in the shop... they do a good job.
but the other things - professionalism, efficiency, and basic sense of pride in one's work - that is missing.
and lesson learnt - never ever get anything remotely cosmetic done at these places (like the dash painting). their sense of asthetics is 0.
Old 31st May 2007, 12:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

I will let the pics do the talking...

Picasa Web Albums - razor4077 - HM worksmanship
Old 4th June 2007, 18:06   #28
Senior - BHPian

Update:
After a complaint to HM, things moved pretty quickly. I was called by their territory head of service, who literally begged me for another chance. I was kinda taken aback by this. My complaint must have struck a chord somewhere!!
I got the car back today, and the work is much better this time. They brought in a painter from the paint company itself (Standox) instead of recruiting some local painter, and he did a pretty decent job.
I will put up pics sometime.

The overall experience at Shah Automobiles has been apalling, but eventually I did manage to get the job done.
Old 4th June 2007, 18:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

great news! now that the car is back - time to start off with the real work with "snakes" and glix. all the best buddy!
Old 4th June 2007, 20:02   #30
Team-BHP Support

Hey Razor that's great. Finally you got it done to your satisfaction. I went and complained again and now I have the HM representative's number. I just call up before giving the car and the HM guys get the instructions soon after. Guaranteed good service.

Just got left power window assembly replaced. Was done in half hour and idling adjusted as i was getting a mileage of 8kmpl. The car was returned with a full wash for free.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks