Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2022, 13:41   #1
BHPian

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)

Renault after-sales is a concern for a lot of potential buyers and 1 or 2 visits can't really help us determine the exact nature of their service. I've visited the Renault Service Center at Ghodbunder Road(Thane) 6 times in the last year and will be sharing my experience.

1st Visit :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1.jpg

I received a call from Renault on 25th January 2021 to schedule the first free service, fixed the appointment for 7th February. Received a reminder call on 6th February; reached the service center by 11am on 7th and was asked to wait in the customer lounge. SA was assigned after 30-40mins and then we went to the car and the SA asked if there were any issues and was keen on getting the underbody coating, silencer coating and engine coating done to which I politely declined. Then the car was taken to their garage bay and was lifted up for inspection, this was followed up by some automated OBD tests. Then the car was sent for washing, polishing and interior cleaning; the bill was ₹0 and I asked for their air freshener which brought the final bill to ₹150. The SA was asking me to collect the car next day, but I insisted for getting it done on the same day; all the work was done by 2pm.

Engine bay was also cleaned.

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641274797061.jpg

Interiors were vacuumed and the mats were washed, with dressing on dashboard and all other plastic surfaces.

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641274797073.jpg

Cleaned with pressure washer, polished with hand using ixtar products and the trim and tyres with were coated with proper dressing.

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641274797084.jpg

2nd Visit :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-2.jpg

The second visit was result of a very unfortunate incident :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641277199799.jpg

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641277540431.jpg

CCTV Footage :

We had planned a trip for my birthday and decided to take the car out of parking the day before as we were going to leave early morning, and my heart had shattered to pieces when I saw the bonnet after removing the cover, the car had just completed 3 months. Slapped on a spare TeamBHP sticker on the bonnet and left for the trip next morning. After coming back called Renault and scheduled an appointment for 5th April. This time the SA was assigned immediately and my car was surveyed, he informed that since it is an insurance claim the process may take about a week. I asked them to get the suspension and steering rack retorqued as it was making a weird noise when going through potholes also asked for drl chrome accessory.

Left the car on 5th April :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641277540420.jpg

Received a call from them on 11th April eve that the car was ready, went to collect it the next day and pointed out two new marks :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641278996606.jpg

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641278996596.jpg

SA called the manager and they both assured that it'll be fixed free of cost.
Took the car as we had a trip planned, so decided to get it fixed after coming back. Total bill was around ₹1700 (₹1100 for insurance and ₹600 for the drl chrome)

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641278996585.jpg

3rd Visit :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-3.jpg

There was an unusual sound from bonnet when brakes were applied, felt like something was moving. Called Renault and fixed an appointment for 10th August. Also there were small blisters on the bonnet, called the insurance advisor who attended me last time and asked for a solution for the bonnet and the work that was assured last time.

Blisters on bonnet.

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641281622205.jpeg

Visited them on 10th August, SA was appointed and we went on a small drive; the sound was evident and the SA assured that it'll be fixed on the same day.
Called the insurance advisor to inspect the bonnet, the blisters were all over the bonnet; he said that it'll be repainted free of cost. Also assured that the front left bumper will be retouched and the wheel trim which was damaged will be replaced with a new one. Had called him once in July for fixing the damage pointed out earlier, he notified that there were a lot of flood damage cars that they were dealing at the moment and politely asked me to postpone the visit to next month if possible.

Left the car on 10th August.

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641281649824.jpg

The car was handed over to insurance advisor on the same day as promised by SA and went in for repainting next day. Received a call on 12th eve that the car was ready; went to collect the car on 13th.
The damaged trim was replaced, front left bumper was retouched and bonnet was repainted, also the sound from bonnet was fixed. The total bill was ₹0.
The blisters were gone but now there were small depressions on the paint surface, informed it to the insurance advisor. He assured that it'll be fixed when I visit next after monsoons.

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641282905612.jpeg
Venky03 is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 16:22   #2
BHPian

Re: My Experience With Renault Service - 6 Visits in a year

4th Visit :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-4.jpg

Received a letter from Renault about the recall. Called service center and fixed an appointment for 20th September, there was chaos all around. Was unable to find a proper place to park the car for 10-15 minutes, later the manager parked his car outside the compound to make place for my car. After talking to the receptionist found out that the Renault Andheri Service center was closed for some reason so these guys were facing double the load. Left the car on 20th, no ETA was promised due to increased load.

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641284778686.jpg

After no update for 4 days decided to contact them, they asked to call back after a day. Called on 25th and was notified that for some reason the job was not entered in their system and that they're looking into the issue. Called again on 26th and they promised that the car will be ready withing the next 2 days. Received a call from the manager on 27th that the car will be dropped off to my place the next morning. The car was dropped off next morning as promised with the OTS job done. Total bill was ₹0, they usually charge ₹1000 for drop off.

5th Visit :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-5.jpg

Received a call from Renault on 20th Oct for the second free service, scheduled an appointment on 29th Oct for the same. Visited the service center and the SA was assigned after a usual wait of 30-40mins. The initial quote was ₹12,618; asked him for the job sheet and crossed out all the non-essential jobs also switched the oil from synthetic to normal as the odo was on 6.2k at the time of service(~₹3,700 for underbody coating and ~₹2,600 for 3M interior cleaning were the most expensive jobs). The revised total was ₹4,502. I wanted the delivery on the same day, but the load was same as last time I visited so there was no other option. Received the call from service center on 30th notifying that the car was ready.

Invoice :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-invoice1.jpg

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-invoice2.jpg

6th Visit :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-6.jpg

Again, another unfortunate incident :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641287413064.jpg

Was unable to extract any footage from CCTV as connecting an external HDD to the storage unit was causing it to reboot.
Called up my insurance advisor again, the bonnet repaint was pending as well. Dropped off the car on 23rd November, ETA was around 1 week as it was a insurance claim. The load was back to normal as Renault Andheri Service center had resumed operations. The insurance job was done by 30th November, had to wait another week for the bonnet repaint job as I had asked him to take his time but make it perfect.
Finally received a call on 7th December that the car was ready, picked it up on 8th. Everything was perfect, third time's the charm!
Total bill was ₹1100 for the insurance.

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-1641289645441.jpg

Bottomline :

Every time I took the delivery of the car, it was washed, polished, vacuumed and proper dressing applied to the trim and tyres. There was not a single instance when it was delivered messy/dirty, and I was not charged anything other than what was included in the invoices. For the bonnet repaint and damage during the service some may say that it was sloppy from their side, but mistakes do happen and what matters is that they took the complete ownership of the mistake and fixed it without any arguments. They could've easily passed on the blame of damage on me or claimed that it was in same condition before, they could've passed off the blisters on bonnet as nothing significant but they did not. Only hiccup I faced was when I left the car for recall campaign, but giving them the benefit of doubt here as I witnessed the chaos myself.

All good things deserve appreciation, so props to my insurance advisor Mr. Prathamesh Kadam and Renault Ghodbunder Service team.

I hope that they maintain/improve the service standards in future.
Signing off.
Venky03 is online now   (69) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 05:22   #3
Team-BHP Support

re: My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 09:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

That's quite the service we expect and you're getting it, kudos to your ASC(Renault Ghodbunder Service team), well done

A lot of ASC should take lessons from them, starting with Renault since their ASCs usually have a bad rep.

Adding in expensive coatings and cleaning seems like SOP and I don't really mind the ASCs pushing for them(they have to increase profits too, like others) but as long as its not termed essential or affects the overall service in any way, like your ASC has shown.

Glad to see such a good experience being shared.
I hope its not because if the LTD sticker

OT :
The car looks impeccable, especially that colour. IMO your Triber pulls off that colour better than the Kushaq or maybe its your upkeep.

Last edited by shancz : 6th January 2022 at 09:17. Reason: ccl
shancz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 09:27   #5
BHPian

May I suggest an update to the title? 6 visits in a year sounded like ASS couldn't fix issues inspite of multiple visits. On the contrary the owner is actually happy with the service from Renault.

Happy to learn Renault ASS is doing good. Hope it is consistent and the market perception changes.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 6th January 2022 at 09:34.
pacman2881 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 12:28   #6

@venky03 the amount of attention to detail you put on your vehicle regarding the minor scratches is on another next level. I guess if you continue claiming insurance for these small scratches then you might not enjoy the NCB discount the next year and also the premium would be high. It's up to you, no hard feelings, when I got the vehicle I was also adamant about removing each and every scratch on my vehicle, but when I saw the insurance amount and also how carefully I drive there would be scratches on or two here and there, so I made a habit to live by them. And enjoy the car.
ADFreak8322 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 14:20   #7
BHPian

I would like to state that even I have had a pleasant experience with Renault ASC in Noida. I had purchased the car from Noida Sec 63 showroom of Renault and have had all servicing done at their service centre. The booking of service is a breeze and they do give reminder calls for appointments. Whenever the job card is opened, I get a message with the quote and phone number of service advisor. All jobs are done to satisfaction. I ask them not to polish the interiors and the instructions are followed. They do not object to me entering the workshop area and inspect the consumables and the work being done. Overall, I am very happy with the service.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 18:49   #8
BHPian

This thread will give great confidence to potential Renault customers. Thanks for sharing!

I always admire Renault for providing unique offerings like Triber - proper 7 seater under 4m, Kwid - SUV like looks at Alto range, Duster - unique when it was launched and provided unmatched ride quality.

I opened thread assuming that you had to visit ASC due to glitches in the car/service related goof ups. Please rename the thread to something like "Please experience at Renault ASC"!
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 20:40   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_mvpa View Post
I always admire Renault for providing unique offerings like Triber - proper 7 seater under 4m, Kwid - SUV like looks at Alto range, Duster - unique when it was launched and provided unmatched ride quality.

I opened thread assuming that you had to visit ASC due to glitches in the car/service related goof ups. Please rename the thread to something like "Please experience at Renault ASC"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
May I suggest an update to the title? 6 visits in a year sounded like ASS couldn't fix issues inspite of multiple visits. On the contrary the owner is actually happy with the service from Renault.

Happy to learn Renault ASS is doing good. Hope it is consistent and the market perception changes.
Yes, I've put in a request to change the thread title this morning. I remember paying up 12k for annual service for my Alto back in 2012; the difference between now and then is that now I'm an educated customer all thanks to Teambhp. We were unable to find a good Fng back then, but now I got a good Fng paired with a good ASC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADFreak8322 View Post
@venky03 the amount of attention to detail you put on your vehicle regarding the minor scratches is on another next level. I guess if you continue claiming insurance for these small scratches then you might not enjoy the NCB discount the next year and also the premium would be high. It's up to you, no hard feelings, when I got the vehicle I was also adamant about removing each and every scratch on my vehicle, but when I saw the insurance amount and also how carefully I drive there would be scratches on or two here and there, so I made a habit to live by them. And enjoy the car.
No matter how small, I can't live with such a scratch/minor dent on my bonnet on a 3 month old car which had been maintained in pristine condition. I can live with swirl marks as there is no way to avoid it but not with dents/paint scrapped till metal. Since I had already claimed it earlier the NCB was already lost, so the second claim was a no brainer.
About painting it outside the ASC, I was not sure if the paint would match up as this is not a common color and the giants like gomechanic did not have satisfactory reviews.

This is half of my collection which I regularly use (more on this here :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-img20211112wa0013.jpg

A pic from my recent trip :

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-tr1.jpg

Yes, it may not be possible to keep the exteriors like new but I try my best to keep the car in pristine condition.
Venky03 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 22:15   #10
BHPian

Good to hear Renault ASC is improving just like their product portfolio. Also the way you keep your car in mint condition is really appreciable.

Considering the the popularity and reach of Hot Topic section of TBHP, the title and even the description put up on the main page is really misleading and contradicting to authors content, Admin/Moderator please correct the title asap to avoid negative impact among prospective buyers
starke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 01:09   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to read about your good & hassle-free experience with Renault after-sales service. With my Duster, my experience at three different service centers out of four were actually awesome.

During road-trips a couple of service centers infact worked on my car even after their service center got closed. Their mechanics worked overtime to fix my car on that day itself, just to ensure I have a smooth trip ahead.

This pic was taken at 8-30 pm from Renault Bongaigaon!

My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)-72526520_3439493129455889_1222389491063324672_n.jpg
Samba is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 23:16   #12
BHPian

Re: My Experience With Renault Service - 6 Visits in a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky03 View Post

Visited the service center and the SA was assigned after a usual wait of 30-40mins.
40 mins of precious life was wasted every single time? What was the point of taking the appointment?

Just for this reason, I started going to FNG for the annual services of my Duster.
Old 8th January 2022, 16:34   #13
BHPian

Re: My positive experiences with Renault's service center @ Thane (6 visits)

I'm a Duster owner and don't intend to be a party pooper, but 6 visits to an ASC in a year is something I'd never personally want to do. My choice of a Duster was with the complete awareness of what I was getting myself into, with the Renault-Nissan service being famous or infamous depending on your point of view. You're either a very optimistic person or someone with a lot of self-restraint or both, but if that blister thing would have happened on my Duster's bonnet within a few months of ownership, I'd have given them one hell of a dressing down. It's a quality defect, with a new vehicle developing paint erosion/blisters issue. Don't take me wrong, I'm pretty happy reading about your experience. Hope their commitment and customer service become consistent pan India. I'll be taking mine for the second free service @10K KM's/1 year sometime in March/April this year. It'll be a revelation to see how they treat us now, over Triber, Kwid and Kiger customers knowing that Duster is not in production anymore!

Last edited by mav3r1ckblu3 : 8th January 2022 at 16:37. Reason: Added a sentence
mav3r1ckblu3 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 19:24   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetaWatt View Post
40 mins of precious life was wasted every single time? What was the point of taking the appointment?

Just for this reason, I started going to FNG for the annual services of my Duster.
This is the one area they need to improve on, during my visits there were multiple customers who were not very pleased with the wait times and rightly so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3r1ckblu3 View Post
I'm a Duster owner and don't intend to be a party pooper, but 6 visits to an ASC in a year is something I'd never personally want to do. My choice of a Duster was with the complete awareness of what I was getting myself into, with the Renault-Nissan service being famous or infamous depending on your point of view. You're either a very optimistic person or someone with a lot of self-restraint or both, but if that blister thing would have happened on my Duster's bonnet within a few months of ownership, I'd have given them one hell of a dressing down. It's a quality defect, with a new vehicle developing paint erosion/blisters issue. Don't take me wrong, I'm pretty happy reading about your experience. Hope their commitment and customer service become consistent pan India. I'll be taking mine for the second free service @10K KM's/1 year sometime in March/April this year. It'll be a revelation to see how they treat us now, over Triber, Kwid and Kiger customers knowing that Duster is not in production anymore!
Maybe there's a misunderstanding, the blisters appeared on the bonnet after it was repainted so it was definitely some mistake from their(ASC) end and not a factory paint defect.
Duster is still their flagship model and I hope you get the same/better treatment from their side.

Cheers!
Old 8th January 2022, 23:01   #15
BHPian

@Venky03 good to read about your pleasant experiences with ASC particularly in this time where many of them don’t give proper attention to the customers and keep trying to milk them.

It will definitely give good confidence to current Renault owners and boost to other ASCs in the league ultimately giving benefit to customers.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Most Viewed