Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2007, 08:56   #1
BHPian

Trusted Used Car Dealerships

Hi,

I tried searching for this but I wast able to get such a thread. In case this thread already exists then the mods could feel free to delete it.

What I was thinking was that we should have a thread where we could list Used car dealers from various parts of the world. For ex: I am searching for a used car dealer in Bangalore but I see aound 8-9 of them around my area, JP Nagar Bangalore, that I dont know whom I can trust. There are nameless ones having 6 cars to 20 cars and then there are the branded ones like Royal Sundaram and Maruti Truevalue.

If used car buyers have had good/bad experiences with used car dealers who have either given them beauts or taken them for a ride then they could let the rest of us know about it so that we dont do the same mistake and/or we know whom to approach when we want to buy a used car. You could even mention experiences with post sales service, warranties, parts replacements, hassle-free buying, mechanically knowledgable dealers etc.

Awaiting posts from the experieced buyers.
Old 2nd June 2007, 10:38   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Isn't that an oxymoron ?
Old 2nd June 2007, 11:21   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The most important consideration when looking for a used car dealer is whether he has a good car! Unfortunately, the dealer has no control over how the previous owner has kept the car.

WRT business practices (ease of dealing, warranties etc.) going by word of mouth is the best bet yet.
Old 2nd June 2007, 11:29   #4
BHPian

checkout Popular auto ( Used car division of Nandi Toyota) on hosur road. At least in my experience, they seems to be better in what they say - deliver.
Old 3rd June 2007, 18:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

For Marutis, IMO Maruti True value is best. they do a check up of the car before selling it. You also get 1 year warranty.
Old 4th June 2007, 15:14   #6
BHPian

Popular Automatch 'Hosur Rd' and Chord Rd ( Yeshwantpur ) are good. They r diff in that they buy the car first and then sell it. Most other dealers act as middle men.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks