Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2007, 10:34   #1
BHPian

Got a query for OEM Tyres of Hyundai Verna

(Note to Moderators: Dont know if this is the right forum to ask. Please move it to a suitable forum in case otherwise)

Hi t-Bhpians,
I have finally decided on buying a Hyundai Verna SX with ABS and have also made the booking. During booking, I had seen another customer taking delivery of Verna CRDI (base version) and saw that the OEM tyres were MRF. For my friend's Santro taken last year the OEM tyres were Bridgestones. On enquiring with the Sales person (Advaith in Mysore) he said Hyundai had stopped putting Bridgestone and were now on stocking only MRF. I find it very hard to buy as I saw another Santro in the dealership wearing Goodyears Can somebody in the forum please confirm it. Also, do I get a choice of footwear from Hyundai? I would very much like Bridgestones or Goodyears on my car than MRF. Please let me know your thoughts!

Cheers!
~Dwind
Old 4th June 2007, 11:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Recently Hyundai has stopped fitting Goodyear tires on their vehicles due to lot of issues creeping up especially the GT3 model.
AFAIK Verna comes with MRF or Bridgestone tires. No goodyears for Verna...
Dont compare the tires which are shod on Santro as they are of different size & model.
Anyways u can always get an aftermarket replacement of tires of your choice after buying the car. The sooner u get them replaced more value u get for the stock tires
Old 4th June 2007, 11:09   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

You have no choice. All Vernas come with MRF ZVTS.
Old 4th June 2007, 11:22   #4
Team-BHP Support

In the standard car space(tubed tyres) S322/NCT/ZVTS are all similar.
The best bet would be to strike a deal with a tire dealer and drive straight out of the showroom to the tire shop
Old 4th June 2007, 11:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
You have no choice. All Vernas come with MRF ZVTS.
Nope, not true Sam. My friend's Verna came with Bridgestone B250's. I believe they would be using atleast 2 if not more vendors for their tyres. And in any case I too would agree with TSK's advise to replace the tyres with better, wider ones right after you drive out of the showroom.
Old 4th June 2007, 12:05   #6
Team-BHP Support

Is this really true? I doubt it Sam. Hyundai maybe getting MRFs cheap and hence using them on their cars in bulk. And yet the fact remains that no single OEM tyre vendor can fill the requirement completely for a reasonably popular car. Remember the vendor is probably an OEM for some other manufacturers and their range of cars as well, besides manufacturing for the replacement market.

Moreover even the car manufacturers also do not like putting all their eggs in one basket. Hyundai won't like stopping the production of their Vernas because tomorrow MRF suffers an indefinite lock-out in their plant.

So chances are that Vernas are also available with a different set of tyres, say Bridgestones, although the numbers may be smaller. IMO, if the potential buyer puts in a condition at the very onset that he will take a car provided it comes shod in Bridgestones it will do the trick. I have already tried this successfully once with a different manufacturer.
Old 4th June 2007, 13:57   #7
BHPian

Thanks for your response!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
And in any case I too would agree with TSK's advise to replace the tyres with better, wider ones right after you drive out of the showroom.
I would also like to go for After-market alloys. So what do you recommend?
Old 4th June 2007, 20:42   #8
Team-BHP Support

Would recommend the following:

195/60-14
185/65-14

You can also opt for 15" alloys which will result in a poorer ride but better handling.

For a comprehensive study of Verna's tyre options check out this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...tml#post363772
Old 22nd June 2007, 15:52   #9
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your info. I am yet to get my car delivered in the color I wanted but noticed that the CRDI SX+ABS which the dealer had got for somebody had 185/65-14 (MRFs). Has the equipment levels changed now? Could not check the steel rim size though? (How do we do it?). So hoping that I get the same size tyres and brand..

1. Should I go for other brands and/or upsize the tyres to 195/65?
2. Car Bible also mentions 190/65? Do we get tyres in this size in India? Please mention the brands as well.
3. One car accessory dealer in Mysore mentions a price of 16K for a set of League alloys I liked. Should I go for it?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!
~DWind
Old 22nd June 2007, 21:57   #10
BHPian

i have just bought SX a day back.. i would also like to change to 15" alloys.. and would like to change the headlamps since i heard its too poor for night driving... any sugestions on there...??

changing to 15" results in a poor ride and better handling... what does poor ride mean? i thought the ride should be better.. someone explain pls.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks