Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2007, 16:20   #1
Team-BHP Support

Automobile Sterling noida, can anyone be more incompetent?

I remember saying that there are very few good Tata workshops, only Not so good ones, bad ones and worse ones. Among the not so good ones, I used to rank Automobile sterling. But some recent experiences have proved otherwise. Last week was the proverbial straw which broke the camels back.

First of all I will list my pet peeves with these fellows, which were annoyances, and not really critical issues. In that workshop, your gearbox is hard, they will say "Get gearbox overhaul done".
Once I had a leaky O ring in the hand plunger leading to missing, they say "Fuel pump overhaul".
Annoying, but nothing serious, after yelling and cajoling ,they would do what you ask them to.

Last week one evening I started up the indica, switched on the AC, and the engine RPM dropped, as if the engine was being overloaded. That familar click was gone, i.e. the switch responsible for increasing engine rpm with AC on was kaput(FRCP I think, experts please correct me).

Apart from that the left side of the car went blind as far as parking lights were concerned. This included rear left parking light, front left parking light, and Numberplate left light(rear numberplate has 2 lights in indica).

The lights issue was not new. It had happened around 72000kms mark and I had asked them to fix it. Apparently they had gone in for a quick fix. The car was at 80,500kms now

So off I go the the service center with the complaints. The first check the car outside only, so that no job card is needed and they can send me off, without a "repeat complaint" put in the feedback form.
After 30 minutes the electrician cant fix it. All he knows is that the fuse is blowing, indicating some wiring short. I wonder why Tata has different fuses for left and right side parking lights??
So the job card is opened, and the AC problem is very very minor.
The wiring thing takes around 3 hours.
In the testing of the wiring they have blown all the parking bulbs, and tried various things to fix the issue. Total cost is 800rs, half of that for all the bulbs.
These bulbs were working fine earlier, and now they don't. Consumables I am told.
Labor charges for fixing a short is almost 400rs.
"Takes a lot of time sir, can be 1500rs sir".
So if they are so incompetent that they need half a day to find a short, I need to pay.
Anyways I write a stinker in the feedback form, telling the service adviser that
1. I am not happy with bill
2. I am not happy since this is a repeat complaint

So off I go, and the very next day a new problem comes. The indicators have stopped working. i.e. the front left indicator and the right rear indicator is not working.
Got a feedback call from Tata motors Pune, and from the workshop too, and I have screamed at them too.
Probably tomorrow I will go again, and see what excuses these jokers come up with, and what all they have damaged trying to fix a simple thing.

Meanwhile, I have decided, after this fiasco, I will try out Shah motors in Noida instead of going to these fellows. All they want is to make money.
Old 5th June 2007, 16:33   #2
Team-BHP Support

Boy! This Sterling Noida sounds like the pits. I can understand the frustration. But then after having heard about problems with Honda service, Toyota service etc in NCR and around I really suspect whether there is anything like a good dealership and authorized service station existing out there.

I think the other side of the coin is that Tata service stations are always badly overloaded, what with those 100s of vehicles to be serviced in a day as Autofin guys once told me. No wonder it is always a hurriedly done shoddy job work.
Old 5th June 2007, 16:34   #3
Team-BHP Support

No overload here. There were enough mechanics loitering around. It was a weekday afternnoon.
All the time my car was being worked upon, they were just trying to figure out the problem and blowing the bulbs one by one.
Old 5th June 2007, 16:42   #4
BHPian

tsk, its really bad aftter reading your experience I am thinking, why should not we start a poll for best TASS in NCR region.
I think this is the right time.
Old 5th June 2007, 16:54   #5
Team-BHP Support

No use of poll, the best thing is to read through the threads here. Even if a single person benefits from my review, this thread is a success.
Old 5th June 2007, 17:03   #6
BHPian

why I am saying for poll is , so that we can prepare somekind of list of TASS in NCR region and all can benifit from that. After all have to service our vehicals today or tomorrow.

So if we have some raking of service stations, life become easy may not be free of troubles.
Old 5th June 2007, 17:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hmmmm. Sad experience indeed. BTW, is this the correct section?
Old 5th June 2007, 17:06   #8
Team-BHP Support

oops, wrong section, browser acting funny today! Moved it back
Old 5th June 2007, 17:19   #9
BHPian

how is nawab motors.. it too in Noida for TATA...
Old 5th June 2007, 22:34   #10
Team-BHP Support

You every heard of the saying
"Out of the frying pan, into the fire"
Old 5th June 2007, 22:55   #11
BHPian

my experience with Vivek Automobiles is not bad.. Tanveer you can give them a visit.. I think its the closest one to Noida in Delhi (located in Mohan Co-operative)
Old 5th June 2007, 23:11   #12
Team-BHP Support

I am thinking of checking out shah motors next time if something electrical crops up. Apart from that my car has had enough of TASS.
I will catch some local suspension guy and get it fixed right in front of me. The TASS guys may put in my old suspension, and then say they put in new.
If anything major is needed(Possible clutch release bearing and gear box overhaul around 95K) I will head over to Dada motors Ludhiana. Since I keep going there, it should be okay.
Old 5th June 2007, 23:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

This is why I drive 16 km from my house in Sec 62 Noida to Vivek Autos at Mathura Road to get any work done. The guys are familiar with me so they do my job to the best of their abilities...but yes they do rip off customers that are unknown to them (every authorised service station does that). The best thing there is that the higher management does actually listen to and intervenes in resolving any issues when contacted. The lower management is just about competent in the workshop but other departments such as sales, registration etc. plainly suck.

For the record, fellow member Wolfinstein also goes there only.
Old 6th June 2007, 15:18   #14
Team-BHP Support

Ok second visit to Automobile sterling. The electrician was not too keen on opening a job card, obviously. So I just let him do a quick check
1. Front left indicator. Moving the bulb, and the the holder and refixing solved the problem. Got an earful for his neglect earlier
2. Rear : There is a plastic coupler, which couples wires. Was faulty, made a direct connection. Asked him to take all the wires properly in front of me. I guess now if they have to replace the rear tail light assembly, they have to cut the wires, but its better than a faulty coupler.
He had left some bare wires elsewhere to, made him tape all of them.
Total time 20 minutes. Costs nil, no job card either.
On a side note, after 5 years of use, all the couplers are a little loose. Guess they will work for a year more. Wish Tata used better plastics!
Old 6th June 2007, 19:49   #15

Scary!

I am realy scared after reading Tsk's review of Stearling. So far I was thinking that Nawab is only bad now Stearling also get added, where should I go for the first service of my newly aquired Indica DLG TC? If they blow all the new bulbs or do somthing nasty with my stunning black beauty then where will I go , help .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks