Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2022, 16:42   #31

Re: Is the after-sales service still a nightmare for Skoda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitgupta View Post
Hey everyone

I'm looking to get a new car & a friend suggested that I look at Skoda Kodiaq.

Has this changed now? Is it worth considering Skoda?

I live in Delhi. How is the after sales service?
I own a Kodiaq L&K 2.0TDI and live at Gurgaon.

I've been getting it serviced at Jai Skoda Gurgaon.

My service center experience has been consistently good in last 2 years with not even a hint of fleecing effort put in by them. Instead, even when I've taken it to Service Center for a general check-up before start of a significant trip, they always clean the car inside out and give it back. All at zero cost and with smile.

I've seen fairly high mileage (1Lakh kms plus) done Kodiaqs at the service center without having any issues except the general service requirement.

I would highly recommend you the Kodiaq for it being a very comfortable, safe and fun to drive crossover. It's sturdier then how it looks.
There are high chances of your family loving it too

On a facilitating note - to ease up your decision, I would be happy to connect you with the service folks in case you want to meet them before or after your purchase. (PS: I'm in no way connected with Jai Skoda)
Crosscountryman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 02:20   #32
BHPian

Once the warranty period is over your troubles will begin, bada bing bada boom.

Long version, the Skoda , VW, Audi (basically same cars under different skin) are unreliable after passing 70-80k kms/warranty.
The DSG will break down no matter what you do. The maintenance cost will skyrocket suddenly. You will be in a situation where you will have to spend upwards of 80-90k per annum for your car's maintenance. I am also observing that VAG is using absolute garbage gaskets and seals in their engines, I recently crept into a 8 year old 90k kms run VW Vento's underside and was surprised to see completely oil soaked underbody, the valve cover was leaking, the oil pan was leaking etc, which is non evet in a similar aged Japanese car. Also the same has been reported in various international forums so it's not a coincidence. For all these reasons, it's best to avoid Skoda unless you have got a lot of money to keep fixing the clunker everytime it breaks down.

The after sales service may have improved but honestly why would you anyone care about that if the car itself is not made right in the first place? They are not going to pay the bills post warranty for the car's maintenance no matter how friendly they behave with you.

Value your money, buy something else. There are similar priced cars from Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki etc. which will serve you much better with minimal maintenance and good reliability.
Old 12th March 2022, 13:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Curious - why do people say/think Skoda as a German car? Its a Czech car maker & they are still based out of Czechia. Not to mention, its the VW cars which use a lot of Skoda stuff from what I've read. Saying a Skoda is a German car is akin to calling a Lamborghini a German car (instead of an Italian car).
Probably because for all intents and purposes it is german, be it look, feel or engineering.
It has been a few decades now since VW took over and one can very easily see that in modern Skoda cars might as well call it german there is no Czechoslovakia left.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 16:48   #34
BHPian

Skepticism on Skoda service centres in Bangalore

Hi folks,

I know this might have been discussed on this forum before but could not find a latest update on this request.

Which Skoda service centers are good and reliable in Bangalore? My Rapid is due it's first service and am a little skeptical about to which dealer I should hand over the car to. Are all of them reliable? Like, can I expect none of them would end up replacing some parts in my car without my knowledge (new to owning cars so even if they would, it would be hard for me to find out)

Apart from the general service, I want to report that my car has felt a bit underpowered for the last few days. But am afraid, if I report this, they would try to make some repairs or even ask for any unnecessary part replacement just to make some money. Should I call this out?

Am new to both owning cars and to the city so I am not aware of any good FNGs around. Plus I want to keep my warranty so giving for service outside an authorized service centre is not an option.
Old 1st May 2022, 11:13   #35

I would suggest TAFE Skoda. They are good. I have owned a mix of cars including VW Passat. Tested out service centres in Gurgaon, Noida (due to job relocation) and now Bangalore. My experience has been patchy at best. My Passat is superb to drive however it has had various problems after 5 years. I sold last week after 11 years. Parts availability is a big issue and the service costs especially after 5 years is big. Multiple failures of various components and the dealerships often had no clue. If you want full peace of mind please stick to a Toyota or a Maruti. I would not buy a VW or Skoda again as it just is not worth it at least in India. My experience with Toyota, Maruti and BMW have been superb.
Old 7th May 2022, 20:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Been owning Octavia for 6 years and I have had stellar experience with Bangalore and Trivandrum service centers. Not a single issue till now. Service center in Bangalore has been very proactive too - once during service accidentally they chipped the windshield (barely visible), they pro-actively called me apologised and changed it free of cost. After every service both Skoda and service center ensured follow up for the feedback. My car has been very reliable too.
From my experience Skoda service in Bangalore is as good as Hyundai (too early for me to comment on Hyundai).
Could you share which Skoda dealer/service center you were getting service from? Tafe Access or PPS? And I noticed one more dealer name in Skoda website - Raja motors, not sure if this is a new one.
Old 7th May 2022, 21:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrish View Post
Could you share which Skoda dealer/service center you were getting service from? Tafe Access or PPS? And I noticed one more dealer name in Skoda website - Raja motors, not sure if this is a new one.
I stay in Electronic City, so Tafe Access is very close by. So it’s always been them. Also as mentioned earlier my experience with them has been excellent, so no reason for me to try PPS and Raja. And yes Raja is the newest, if not wrong this was opened after Kushaq launch.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 22:34   #38

Hello, I don’t know if this is the right thread to post this on but my query is regarding voiding of my warranty due to getting my wheel alignment and balancing done outside of Skoda Ass.

My Skoda Superb Sportline went for its 1st service today. I have bought the Skoda Maintenance Pack but while dropping my car off for service, my SA told me that I’ll be charged extra for wheel alignment, balancing and sunroof cleaning.

I usually never get wheel alignment and balancing done for any of my cars at their respective ASSs. I believe proper tyre shops do a much better job than overworked service mechanics. So when I asked them to not do it so I could get it done later outside they said it would void my warranty. My SA even emailed me saying that not getting an alignment done would void the warranty of my car.

An email to Skoda customer care is also of no use since they forward any queries to the dealership my car came from.

So I would like to ask other bhpians here if anyone has faced a similar situation at other Skoda ASSs. Looking forward to hearing from you people.
Old 4th July 2022, 18:22   #39
BHPian

Anyone know how the service centers for Skoda are for Pune?
Old 7th January 2023, 19:08   #40

I've heard curses about the old TAFE near Koshy's in Bangalore.I hope that the service experience has improved in Bangalore in their 2.0 phase.
Old 20th November 2023, 16:09   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Till now I've not considered Skoda as I've heard too many horror stories of folk who have been swindled or left high & dry by the company & it's dealers.

Has this changed now? Is it worth considering Skoda?

I live in Delhi. How is the after sales service?

Thanks for any & all advice & suggestions.

I've had a really poor experience recently with JMD Skoda service centre in Ghatkopar. They parked the car in a yard and forgot about it for 50 days. Even though the accident repair was approved by the insurance company within two days of vehicle being made available at their centre.

Then they delivered the vehicle with broken highbeam stalk and issues with both ABS and Traction control sensor.

When I contacted the CRM and copied the National CRM, the response was on the lines of; we informed you via an Excel based estimate about the broken stuff. So we're not somehow responsible.

I'm aghast at this behaviour, haven't heard back in over a month. I'm not sure how these guys sleep at night. :
Old 20th November 2023, 17:20   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxax View Post
I've had a really poor experience recently with JMD Skoda service centre in Ghatkopar. They parked the car in a yard and forgot about it for 50 days.

Then they delivered the vehicle with broken highbeam stalk and issues with both ABS and Traction control sensor.
Wow, this just sucks! Its only a shade better than them stealing your car parts & replacing them with rotten ones - which is what a number of Skoda dealers used to do earlier.

What's surprising is that people still buy Skoda given such dismal after sales service. People need to vote with their wallets - only then such companies take notice otherwise all complaints fall on deaf ears.
Old 20th November 2023, 17:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, this just sucks! Its only a shade better than them stealing your car parts & replacing them with rotten ones - which is what a number of Skoda dealers used to do earlier.

What's surprising is that people still buy Skoda given such dismal after sales service. People need to vote with their wallets - only then such companies take notice otherwise all complaints fall on deaf ears.
I just filed a consumer grievance and notified their customer support team. I guess its fair to give them 2 months to respond to an email?
Old 13th December 2023, 10:49   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxax View Post
I just filed a consumer grievance and notified their customer support team. I guess its fair to give them 2 months to respond to an email?
I am due for the first service of my Octavia (have a 4 year maintenance package bought from JMD Kandivali), considering your experience, would you recommend me going to their Kandivali service center instead? I have heard that JMD has / or is about to shut the Kurla service center. Any input will be of great help. Other Mumbai based BHPians also please recommend a good SVC and an advisor's name if you have one. Thanks.
Old 13th December 2023, 17:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az_Dan View Post
I am due for the first service of my Octavia (have a 4 year maintenance package bought from JMD Kandivali), considering your experience, would you recommend me going to their Kandivali service center instead? I have heard that JMD has / or is about to shut the Kurla service center. Any input will be of great help. Other Mumbai based BHPians also please recommend a good SVC and an advisor's name if you have one. Thanks.
My poor experience was with the JMD Bhandup that has now been shuttered.

My consumer grievance was addressed by the CMD appointed by Skoda India at JMD Kandivali Mr. Raphael Lobo. He was courteous and offered 10% discount on parts and 2% discount on labour to me. Which I am certain was some pre-approved discount authorized by the JMD Service Centre owners/co. and not himself. I paid in full for ABS and TC Sensors with the 10% and 2% discounts. Mr. Lobo surprised me with the OE Mats that I wanted to pay for as a gift on-behalf of Skoda India.

I am happy with the quality of work; even the body work that they did at Bhandup was top-notch. My advice to you is not expect the level-of-courtesy from service advisors.... you will have to do old-school follow-up and ensure that they deliver the car in-time. Do not make the same mistake I did, referring to my good experience in Chennai and Vadodara where the service advisors cared-enough to call and update me. In Mumbai it is not the case, by far.
proxax is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed