Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2022, 09:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scam Alert! Authorised dealers charging for more engine oil than was used in service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!
Overfilling of engine oil to the max mark and beyond is going to prove very interesting to the engine over longer term use. Pressure and friction on the crankshaft increases so premature wear. Flooded spark plug if petrol car. Leaking oil, white smoke from the engine .. all sorts of fun which the dealership will gleefully charge a huge amount to correct.

The same with service practices that say "clean the air filter and put it back in 10k km, change only every 20k" for paper filters and a lot many other things.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 11:48   #47
BHPian

Re: Scam Alert! Authorised dealers charging for more engine oil than was used in service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in.]
This response from Honda dealer and Honda company being a mute spectator is just pathetic and appalling!

Perhaps time for this post to go to team bhp again with headline of "Honda allows dealers to continue scamming customers by over-billing engine oil"
Old 19th August 2023, 09:37   #48
BHPian

Sitting in Signature Honda Service Center and I wanted to check if I just encountered a scam.

I came in for the 60k service of my Honda City 3rd gen AT. I primarily wanted the ATF fluid replaced since the car has only run just above 5 to 6k since the last service.

However, the Service Advisor threw a curveball by adding engine tuning and brake adjustment into the bill.

If it was something like engine decarbonisation then I would have turned it down immediately.

He tried to add ac vent cleaning and interior cleaning and I immediately turned it down.

At least I have heard of engine tuning in a service before. Is this a scam?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks