Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 13:37   #16
BHPian

I had some very pleasant experience with Garuda:

- While selling my old car, Garuda people helped me a lot & also they went extra mile in getting me the copies of RC book of my old car after the transfer of vehicle. I had insisted on getting a copy of RC book after the transfer to ensure that the vehicle is indeed registered properly. The agent was not so cooperative. But Garuda people helped in getting the copy, they not only scanned it & sent it to my email, but also sent the hard copy through courier !!!

- After booking the car, usually the sales guys just forget about your existence. But not with Garuda. They used to call me almost on alternate days to let me know the current status of my order. Especially during those days, Gujrat was in floods & cars were held up in transit. Almost every alternate day, they used to give the status !!!

So far, no complaints, just pleasant experience with Garuda.
Old 14th June 2007, 13:40   #17
BHPian

Prices has to be uniformed the price diff you found was an sales trick.

This happens often but we as an customer need to come out of it. the price diff was nothing but dealer discount given to you indirectly. Same price or some what less can be offered by sundaram too if you negotiate it well.

A.S.S wise sundaram is better but on other hand garuda is also not bad.
Old 14th June 2007, 20:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
Prices has to be uniformed the price diff you found was an sales trick.
Well atleast on a newly launched car I didnt expect a price difference. Though I found price differences in various MUL dealerships and even on the Stile 1.6 between Concorde and Manipal.

So who did that sales trick on me.. the Sundaram guys by quoting a lil higher and coming down as if they would offer me a discount.. ??? then thats bad..
Old 14th June 2007, 21:02   #19
BHPian

here's the price diff in the 2 dealers quotation.

i can all components are equal but insurance amount is different. how is that possible? does that mean one insurance option is less valuable than the other?

UVA base :: ex-showroom+ insurance+ road tax+ misc = OR
Garuda :: 399488 + 15040 + 43945 + 5000 = 463473
Sundaram :: 399488 + 13640 + 43944 + 5000 = 462072

-EMD
Old 14th June 2007, 21:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Well atleast on a newly launched car I didnt expect a price difference. Though I found price differences in various MUL dealerships and even on the Stile 1.6 between Concorde and Manipal.

So who did that sales trick on me.. the Sundaram guys by quoting a lil higher and coming down as if they would offer me a discount.. ??? then thats bad..
Nimz since i paid lot of visits to different dealerships ford maruti Honda and GM i found that is everywhere. Only difference is how they put it across to you.

In your case Garuda sales folk did this to divert sale from sundaram, there is dealer discount, there is manufacturer discount. Garuda gave you dealer discount where as in sundaram they tend to do it in last moment. This view is based on my and one of my fren's experience.
Old 15th June 2007, 13:13   #21
BHPian

@ EMD /Kamy450

The price is now uniform for the Spark atleast. Garuda guy said that the Insurance price they had quoted an older one and hence the difference. Now its the same it seems. Have asked him to send his latest PL.

Noticed that delivery/reg charges are 5K for GM and 3K for Fiat-Tata.

Nimz
Old 16th June 2007, 19:39   #22
BHPian

I got this in as forwarded email today.
An interesting incident with GM, Not sure if i am posting it at right place mods: Please delete this if not at right thread.

Never underestimate your Clients' Complaint, no matter how funny it might seem! This is a real story that happened between the customer of General Motors and its Customer-Care Executive. Pls read on.....
A complaint was received by the Pontiac Division of General Motors:
'This is the second time I have written to you, and I don't blame you for not answering me, because I sounded crazy, but it is a fact that we have a tradition in our family of Ice-Cream for dessert after dinner each night, but the kind of ice cream varies so, every night, after we've eaten, the whole family votes on which kind of ice cream we should have and I drive down to the store to get it. It's also a fact that I recently purchased a new Pontiac and since then my trips to the store have created a problem..... You see, every time I buy a vanilla ice-cream, when I start back from the store my car won't start. If I get any other kind of ice cream, the car starts just fine. I want you to know I'm serious about this question, no matter how silly it sounds "What is there about a Pontiac that makes it not start when I get vanilla ice cream, and easy to start whenever I get any other kind?"
The Pontiac President was understandably skeptical about the letter, but sent an Engineer to check it out anyway.
The latter was surprised to be greeted by a successful, obviously well educated man in a fine neighborhood. He had arranged to meet the man just after dinner time, so the two hopped into the car and drove to the ice cream store. It was vanilla ice cream that night and, sure enough, after they came back to the car, it wouldn't start.
The Engineer returned for three more nights. The first night, they got chocolate. The car started. The second night, he got strawberry. The car started. The third night he ordered vanilla. The car failed to start.

Now the engineer, being a logical man, refused to believe that this man's car was allergic to vanilla ice cream. He arranged, therefore, to continue his visits for as long as it took to solve the problem. And toward this end he began to take notes: He jotted down all sorts of data: time of day, type of gas uses, time to drive back and forth etc.

In a short time, he had a clue: the man took less time to buy vanilla than any other flavor. Why? The answer was in the layout of the store. Vanilla, being the most popular flavor, was in a separate case at the front of the store for quick pickup. All the other flavors were kept in the back of the store at a different counter where it took considerably longer to check out the flavor.
Now, the question for the Engineer was why the car wouldn't start when it took less time. Eureka - Time was now the problem - not the vanilla ice cream!!!! The engineer quickly came up with the answer: "vapor lock".
It was happening every night; but the extra time taken to get the other flavors allowed the engine to cool down sufficiently to start. When the man got vanilla, the engine was still too hot for the vapor lock to dissipate.

Even crazy looking problems are sometimes real and all problems seem to be simple only when we find the solution, with cool thinking.

Last edited by kamy450 : 16th June 2007 at 19:50. Reason: Wanted to remove HTML tags and format
Old 19th June 2007, 11:39   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyDust View Post
@themag: Can you please get the FE figures and performance data from your colleague who bt. the UVA LS?

EMD,

Got off speaking to my colleague now. Sorry for the delay in reponse but he returned only yday.

Mileage (all figures are with AC 100%, and between 2-5 people in the car most of the time): Petrol is filled at a regular HP pump - not the best quality petrol.

City : 11.5 kmpl
Highway : 18 kmpl

Performance (again, with 2-5 people onboard most of the time): Very adequate engine - no discernable sluggishness reported even under full load

Build Quality (driven quite ruthlessly even on bad roads regularly) : Solid. No signs of flex/creak anywhere. Apparently 10-mile bumpers; with no deformation even after backing into a small wall.

Suspension : On the stiffer side - but not as stiff as the Swift's. Absorbs road aberrations reasonably well, with moderate and above disturbances transported into the cabin.

AC: Very effective. Apparently people have asked to switch off the AC due to the quick coldness it generates. My colleague actually thinks of this as a disadvantage.

Service : Garuda. No complaints.

Last edited by theMAG : 19th June 2007 at 11:43.
Old 19th June 2007, 11:50   #24
BHPian

Thanks, mag!

I've decided on the UVA already. I was worried about the FE and under-poweredness of the UVA- but u've buried them now . I plan to get a KnN air filter also, so I can expect a li'l bit better.

I feel, its always better to know about the car's llimitations than to know them after use.

Thanks a million pal!
Old 19th June 2007, 15:30   #25
BHPian

Thanks Mag for the info on U-va.
EMD, so where u getting yours from finally? Garuda ?
Old 2nd July 2007, 12:23   #26
BHPian

I've been going to Garuda for last 1.5 years for servicing my Optra and so far I haven't come across any serious problems. But "the service advisors are at their wits end" if you ask anything other than the routine service stuff. I would recomend Garuda in Bangalore
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:49   #27
BHPian

hey sithon, car whizz and others!

I finally got my UVA and Nimz got his Sparky from Sundaram motors on friday 29-07

I guess, mods can close this thread now!
Old 2nd July 2007, 16:07   #28
Team-BHP Support

Congrats guys.
Have good time with your babies and post reports soon.

Mods note: Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks