Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2007, 12:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Also with the engine immobilizer systems and the ones discussed here, It will not only be difficult to steal but you can always trace it, even after its stolen.

Lets not be ignorant about Car thefts, as per a survey amongst all car thefts most are stolen in the first 1-3 months of purchase.

Please install a good security device in your new vehicles, the moment you buy it(if it does not come pre-fiitted with one).
Old 16th June 2007, 16:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

This is shocking !!! I think the matter needs to be escalated to media...

Abhi
Old 16th June 2007, 19:55   #18
BHPian

Strange incident ! You should inform Hyundai about this let them decide action on this. its a slip from Service station in fact serious one.
Old 16th June 2007, 20:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Very shocking incident indeed

Quote:
Take the keys and try opening the doors of a car whose alarm has been "armed". Sure,you'll be able to open the door..
Nowadays in cars with autcop[don't know how other brands function], you cannot open the doors of a car which is armed,unless the autocop is unarmed the door locks do not open with the key.
Old 16th June 2007, 20:55   #20
BHPian

arnt the security system remotes normaly ATTACHED TO THE KEY !!!!!!

Take the key , you get the remote !!!!
Old 16th June 2007, 22:50   #21
BHPian

This is really sad. I think you should write to HMIL and register the complaint about ORION Hyundai, this matter has to be expedited.
Old 16th June 2007, 23:21   #22
BANNED

My take -- the bad guy snitched the keys from the place, and the service guys replaced the keys without a second thought. The bad guy, with an original key in hand, was following your car.

Now another question - what happens if you lose the remote of a vehicle with burglar alarm/remote central locking with ``keyless entry''?
Old 16th June 2007, 23:33   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
arnt the security system remotes normaly ATTACHED TO THE KEY !!!!!!

Take the key , you get the remote !!!!
The CRDi doesn't come with a security system. It has an ordinary key. But has central locking (No keyless entry)

The key you're referring to comes in the SX and Xi version upwards.
Old 17th June 2007, 10:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
My take -- the bad guy snitched the keys from the place, and the service guys replaced the keys without a second thought. The bad guy, with an original key in hand, was following your car.

Now another question - what happens if you lose the remote of a vehicle with burglar alarm/remote central locking with ``keyless entry''?
This can be one possibility for sure, but if you loose the remote, you should use the spare one( you are give 2), if you loose both keys of an immobilizer like in Maruti cars nowadays, you need to go back to the delaer for a new key, they are trained to handle such requests.
Old 17th June 2007, 10:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Very shocking incident indeed

Nowadays in cars with autcop[don't know how other brands function], you cannot open the doors of a car which is armed,unless the autocop is unarmed the door locks do not open with the key.
Mine doesnt work that way.. You can unlock, but the alarm will still go off. I think thats enough to deter any would be thief.

Also, when I give the car for service, I dont give them the alarm remote. I disable the alarm and hand them just the key to the car. Dont want them to "lose" the remote as well..
Old 17th June 2007, 11:34   #26
BHPian

this is sad ! and i never knew that the verna's aren't equipped with immobilisers ... think the govt should make a law for all cars to have in built immobilisers
Old 17th June 2007, 11:55   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Didnt ur friend have a burglar alarm installed on the car ?? I hope for the next car, along with other "accessories", he installs a burglar alarm first.
Burgler alarms can easily be disconnected,its useless except for convinience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
But orion hyundai have to be appreciated for taking the blame for the loss instead of this heading into another court battle which it easily could have. BUT, where the heck is the car ? is it that difficult to trace a brand new car , especially knowing that the key was lost in the garage premises.
I know under what circustances they gave up,PM me ill tell you,the first time the owner of the place was approached he said he cant do anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Have your friend got it in writing from Orion Hyundai about the lost key? They may back track from this.

What will happen if the police trace down the car & it has some damages?

Giving back the car with keys replaced without informing the owner... how dare are they to do it

Iam sure it has to be the job of an insider. But why do they want to lift the key itself. Rather it is easier to take the dye and make a duplicate key.
Non tracable report from police has been already submitted to insurance company,even now if the car is traced it will be a property of insurance company.
Old 17th June 2007, 12:00   #28
BHPian

My understanding is that autocop/silicon are not really good to prevent theft, they might be good to find your car in a parking lot though
Its really the gear lock that works( although I dont like the space that it ends up taking in the front and spoils the look and feel )
I am not too sure about how good the engine immobilizers are.
Would gear lock have had helped in this case?
Old 17th June 2007, 12:24   #29
BHPian

maybe it was a coincidence that key was lost and car was stolen?
i dont know why everyone is assuming the service center had anything to do with it. though they might have, it certainly is a possibility.

100,000 volts going thru the exterior or flamethrowers under the door should come standard with cars IMO.
Old 17th June 2007, 12:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodv001 View Post
What can we do if they make a duplicate Key and return the original back to us? We will never know that the duplicate has already ready with the gang.
what one can do is install a security lock (like a gear lock) and whenever going to the service station just give the car key and not the key to the security lock. So , these guys wont have access to your car completely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks