Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2007, 02:22   #1

Maruti dealer in Trivandrum

Hi,

I'm new to BHP and this is my first post. I'd like to thank all of the members who post very useful information here and I hope to be able to contribute my share too in future

This month, I plan to buy Wagon R Duo, which would be my first car. The dealers I have contacted quote around 4.19L for Lxi with immobilizer (with no offers).

I would like to know which dealer (Indus, Popular, Hercules) is the best in Trivandrum (for initial purchase as well as the services). Please advise me on this.

Regards,
Mitra
Old 17th June 2007, 06:20   #2
BHPian

There is one more there in Trivandrum - Sarathy Autocars. Its on the Bypass Road, on the way to Kovalam. They started 3 months back, even before Hercules did in Trivandrum. They are based at Kollam and is very popular there. Me, not being a Maruti Owner, don't know the exact level of any of their service. Maybe Karthik, Crazydriver, etc maybe of help to you.
Old 17th June 2007, 08:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Our fellow TBHPian, Ram_Hyundai works for Hercules Motors so get in touch with him.

Why don't u check out Indus Motors, i feel its better than Sarathy.
Old 17th June 2007, 08:23   #4
Team-BHP Support

I'd recommend Popular.

Have been going there past 8 years. Since 1999 when we purchased the Maruti 800. The service is very good and efficient and had no problems with the service guys. I also have a WagonR VXi, and am particularly happy with the service personnel there who usually attends when a wagonR comes in.

I'm not too familiar with Indus Motors. Have been connected with them only two three times, and two times were not impressive. They have this particularly bad habit of delaying delivery or giving indifferent treatment after taking the money. Happened with my mom's friend who booked a WagonR duo, and another friend of mine who took the first Swift DDiS. Both of them were given very slow treatment after taking full payment. However, they do tend to give more offers.

As for Hercules, am not really sure. Its new, and i haven't had the chance to check it out.

Sarathy is the popular dealer towards kollam, alleppey side.

@karthik: i didnt know that. I remember you saying he is working for Hyundai. Right? Anyways, i would like to get in touch with him. cause kawdiar is a real convenient location.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th June 2007 at 08:25.
Old 17th June 2007, 09:35   #5
BANNED

Go to every place, get a quote, and ask for offers. They do not give offers and list freebies unless you ask. Usually, they give about 15 to 20K off on the ex-showroom price, so first check marutiwagon4.com for prices for TVM.

More aggressive the dealer, better offers you get, and in Kochi, Indus is most aggressive (I think).

BTW, Tata has an offer - take a test drive (of the Xeta), and buy another car within 30 days. They will give give you 1K worth gifts. That is from Koyenco, Kochi. Of course if they are watching this space, you are not likely to get ti. FWIW, tata discourages use of LPG, but promotes CNG, which is not available in Kerala ATM.
Old 17th June 2007, 10:43   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Go to every place, get a quote, and ask for offers. They do not give offers and list freebies unless you ask. Usually, they give about 15 to 20K off on the ex-showroom price, so first check marutiwagon4.com for prices for TVM.

More aggressive the dealer, better offers you get, and in Kochi, Indus is most aggressive (I think).

BTW, Tata has an offer - take a test drive (of the Xeta), and buy another car within 30 days. They will give give you 1K worth gifts. That is from Koyenco, Kochi. Of course if they are watching this space, you are not likely to get ti. FWIW, tata discourages use of LPG, but promotes CNG, which is not available in Kerala ATM.
Offers of 25,000 are available for WagonR petrol. However, due to the high demand, they wont give any offers for the WagonR Duo.

And yaa... Take the Xeta test drive before you book, the offer is available in trivandrum too. Except its a cash voucher worth 1000.
Old 17th June 2007, 11:06   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitravisaya View Post
I would like to know which dealer (Indus, Popular, Hercules) is the best in Trivandrum (for initial purchase as well as the services). Please advise me on this.
My Dad had a '86 M800 taken from Popular TVM. We maintained it till '01 in Popular Kollam with complete satisfaction. Hence when I planned to buy Alto, my default choice was Popular TVM and tell you what, it turned out to be a disaster. The sales guy was so good that finally I ended up buying from them.
They refused to intall ICE of my choice. They had only Sony and the accessories. The sales man told me that only Sony is approved for Maruti.
The real let down happened when it was time for periodical service. The car never delivered on time and I had to wait 3 hrs at their service centre.
When I had a small dent on the fender, TVM service centre told 15 days for the same. I did the claim and repair in Thrissur Popular in 2 days.
My cousin has his Alto from Indus Kollam and my uncle has a Wagon R from Sarathy Kollam. Both are happy with the service.
Check out Sai Service also.
Make a list of all the items you require (mud flaps, mat, wheel covers, ICE, seat covers etc) and negotiate with all of them and see who gives you the better deal.
Old 14th May 2012, 11:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti dealer in Trivandrum

Did Sarathy shut shop in Trivandrum? Maruti website gives Indus, Popular and Hercules as the only dealers in Trivandrum.

Any idea which one is the better of the lot as of now? I went to Hercules and found the sales staff to be courteous and pleasing.
Old 14th May 2012, 16:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti dealer in Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I went to Hercules and found the sales staff to be courteous and pleasing.
+1 to that. Although I've never owned a Maruti, I've found them very courteous and pleasing on all the three purchase processes in which I've been involved in the past 15 months. One of them was from their Attingal shworoom (near Kaduvayil mosque). Hercules showrooms are less crowded too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks