Old 19th June 2007, 01:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Now this is one thing you don't hear everyday

good on the part on maruti

years back i remember we got our 1000 replaced after 6 months

cong on your new new car
The excellent service dates back to the M-1000 days, fantastic. What was the problem & how did it happen ?
Old 19th June 2007, 01:14   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
With the HUGE demand for the Swift diesel, this car will certainly be passed on to an unsuspecting customer.
This is highly probable.
That's true !

This is quiet suspicious. Were you given an explanation at all ? Did you figureout any thing by yourself?

Anyways, congrats on your 2nd new car in a month & enjoy your new car.

Cheers,
Jai
Old 19th June 2007, 01:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
The excellent service dates back to the M-1000 days, fantastic. What was the problem & how did it happen ?
donna know much as i was 8-9 at that time buy i remember that the car got replaced i think i was some chassis related issues will ask dad tomorrow
it was a lemon it had issues from the first day
Old 19th June 2007, 02:47   #19
BHPian

Thats scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Hi! I took delivery of my Swift Ldi, Pearl White from Apra Motors Pvt. Ltd. on 13th June. I have had driven it for 350 kms and was enjoyed every second of it.
I appreciate the way handled the whole issue.
I see that some are appreciating MARUTI for replacing car..But why should a biggie like MARUTI do such thing to spoil their name?

I cant think of that poor soul who will next buy the repainted SWIFT.

May be that was a tip of an iceberg..it could have got more bigger issues which the dealer was aware...hence replaced with no questions asked when caught first?
Old 19th June 2007, 08:02   #20
BHPian

Thanks everyone.

Well I asked Dealer how will they be able to sell the car with odo reading close to 400 km. He said there are people who don't mind small issue's such as this one and will promptly take the delivery.

About the car having more issue's, he was ready to give in written that the car is trouble free and non accidental. He said cars do some with minor scratches due to loading and unloading, when kept in the stockyard, which is painted or touched up by the dealer. I was even convinced to get the fender replaced with MGP, But somehow dad wasn't.

It was me who figured out that the fender is painted, naive person like father or brother couldn't have even noticed it.

I thank team-bhp and all the member's for the making me aware of all the issue's pertaining to car's.
Old 19th June 2007, 09:06   #21
BHPian

Man You sure are one lucky fella. Good luck with your new car.
I think I should pass this thread link to Ford India's customer service. lol.
Old 19th June 2007, 09:15   #22
BHPian

Just to know, how did they handle the road tax. Road tax is paid on a particular registration. So how can you transfer that to the new car?
Old 19th June 2007, 09:39   #23
Team-BHP Support

Horsepower, congrats on the new car. While it is a good gesture towards you, it does raise many eyebrows, as to why they would do that with no great pressure from your side too.

Its beyond doubt that your old car will be passed off as new to some desperate customer, and what lies in store for him is a different story altogether. Meanwhile, enjoy your new car.

Just as abhilash asked above, how will they manage the road tax part?
Old 19th June 2007, 09:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Obviously the dealership has taken care of that.
Quote:
Its beyond doubt that your old car will be passed off as new to some desperate customer, and what lies in store for him is a different story altogether
No, they couldn't, if the car has been registered already. it will go to true value.
Old 19th June 2007, 09:45   #25
BANNED

Quote:
The car I got now had 9 Km on odo and the reading cannot be altered.
Anything can be altered.
I am not saying that yours was, though.
Old 19th June 2007, 09:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi! I took delivery of my Swift Ldi, Pearl White from Apra Motors Pvt. Ltd. on 13th June. I have had driven it for 350 kms and was enjoyed every second of it.

Today morning while at the dealership for some rubbing job noticed that my front fender has been painted. The white paint on the rubber trim and black edge's of the nuts were looking suspicious. So, I immediatly called my father and met the concerned people. Intially they said they will get the fender replaced with the new one, but on insisting the general manager sales Mr. Mittal replaced my car with the brand new one. Though I had to compromise on the color but I am happy that my car was changed and that too on the same day.

he also told me that, sometimes they do get cars with minor scratches which require paint job or touch up and its normal. He assured me that the original car is not accidental and was ready to give it in written. But, my father did not want to take any chances and so we got it replaced with the new one. I still can't believe that they changed my car as I have had already done close to 400 kms.

Hey dude..i am a little confused.. i too have a white VXI swift. and the front fender has some scratches in the sideways...i see that its black in color...i was thinking its the color of plastic beneath the paint...now do you mean, that the fender should also be white?
Old 19th June 2007, 10:15   #27
BHPian

horsepower@ congrats for ur silky DDiS

u've mentioned ur car had done 350 KM. How long were you using the car? i mean for so many days, the dealer did not register your car? Were you drving on temporary number?

This seems lil odd....even the insurance+road tax has to be there before u take the car on the road
Old 19th June 2007, 11:00   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Just to know, how did they handle the road tax. Road tax is paid on a particular registration. So how can you transfer that to the new car?
Well I was running on the temporary number. The registration file was still with them and not with the RTO. They will inititate the process all over again with new color, engine no. and chasis no.

Quote:
Its beyond doubt that your old car will be passed off as new to some desperate customer, and what lies in store for him is a different story altogether. Meanwhile, enjoy your new car.
Well, there are people who don't mind their new car being touched up or painted as scratched one would have look bad. He was also ready to give in written that the fender was painted as it was scratched and the car is not accidental.

Only accidental cars go to true value, he showed me brand new wagonR with dicky dented going to True Value.

Quote:
front fender has some scratches in the sideways...i see that its black in color...i was thinking its the color of plastic beneath the paint...now do you mean, that the fender should also be white?
Well fender is the part above the tires. You are talking about Bumper. All bumpers are company painted and their base is black.

Quote:
u've mentioned ur car had done 350 KM. How long were you using the car? i mean for so many days, the dealer did not register your car? Were you drving on temporary number?
I took delivery on 13 June, evening. 18 I got it replaced. So 350 kms in 4 days. I was running on temporary number and dealer was supposed to be registered in 10-15 days.

Quote:
This seems lil odd....even the insurance+road tax has to be there before u take the car on the road
Got my insurance from Maruti, they give you the cover note with the car wrt condition that if cheque is dishonoured, policy stands void. Temporary number is valid one month till the car is not registered with the RTO. So no issues of road tax as it is depoisted at the time of registration.
Old 29th October 2007, 11:06   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertouchme View Post
That's true !

This is quiet suspicious. Were you given an explanation at all ? Did you figureout any thing by yourself?

Anyways, congrats on your 2nd new car in a month & enjoy your new car.

Cheers,
Jai
Hi! Am about to purchase a Swift Diesel. It's going to be my 1st car. Since I don't have much experience with the cars, I will appreciate if someone can help me avoid being robbed. Please let me know what all I need to inspect before accepting delivery.
Old 29th October 2007, 12:15   #30
BHPian

Quote:

Today morning while at the dealership for some rubbing job noticed that my front fender has been painted. The white paint on the rubber trim and black edge's of the nuts were looking suspicious. So, I immediatly called my father and met the concerned people. Intially they said they will get the fender replaced with the new one, but on insisting the general manager sales Mr. Mittal replaced my car with the brand new one. Though I had to compromise on the color but I am happy that my car was changed and that too on the same day.

he also told me that, sometimes they do get cars with minor scratches which require paint job or touch up and its normal. He assured me that the original car is not accidental and was ready to give it in written. But, my father did not want to take any chances and so we got it replaced with the new one. I still can't believe that they changed my car as I have had already done close to 400 kms.

Awesome! That is really nice service mate!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks