Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2022, 08:18   #1
BHPian

VW Taigun | Paid hiked price, but did not get new features | Will dealer refund price difference?

Hello All,

I have recently purchased a Taigun 1.0 MT Topline in Chennai, at the time of purchase the dealer only had a Mar 2022 model readily available in the colour that I wanted (Carbon Steel Grey), i had missed the fact that VW had increased the price of the Taigun since May 2022 , after the addition of idle engine Start/Stop and the TPMS.

Link: https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/lates...327-2022-05-04

I have made the full payment from my side and the bank, and only now have realized that since the car is Mar'22 model I would miss out on the TPMS and idle start stop function but I have ended up paying the updated pricing as of 1st May '22

Can I request the dealer the refund the price difference of around 40k?
How much of an uphill battle is it going to be?
I would really appreciate your suggestions and inputs.

Regards
al90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 12:46   #2
BHPian

re: VW Taigun | Paid hiked price, but did not get new features | Will dealer refund price difference?

When you meant purchased, I guess you got delivery of the car after invoicing and registration in May/June.

Almost all of the car dealers mention that prices at the time of delivery is applicable and it is pretty much standard. So you have not lost anything and dealers or manufacturers don't have any obligation to provide any refund unless you got a price protection agreed with dealer (March price for March car) or negotiated discounts worth Rs. 40,000/- for the older model (March model to be picked in May/June) during booking itself.

Please enjoy the car (Consider it as the price paid for the immediate delivery in these times) without worrying about this too much.

PS: If you still feel low, no harm in pushing your luck, if you can sweet talk with your dealer/VW about getting any discounts on service package or extended warranty though.
thanixravindran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 13:03   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: VW Taigun | Paid hiked price, but did not get new features | Will dealer refund price difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by al90 View Post
Can I request the dealer the refund the price difference of around 40k?
How about telling him that due to "personal reasons", you want to delay taking delivery of the car - and that he can give that piece to anyone else. Go back in some time and ask for a current year model with the missing features. Take your second choice of color if needed. You have already paid the full current price, so why lose it and make dealer richer by 40K ? At most, you will pay 1 emi or so without actually enjoying the car.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 13:09   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Have a face to face discussion with him and ask for a car with the additional features but he open to further delays in getting a car assigned.

But it would be better to have that conversation before the car registration is done in your name. If so, then it's a tough battle but you should try to get the refund or probably accessories in lieu of the additional amount.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 13:40   #5
Team-BHP Support

Has the registration been done? If no, you can refuse the allotted car and specifically ask for one with the additional features. That's entirely at your discretion.

If the registration has been done in your name, things entirely depend on the goodness of the dealer and VW. Prices are applicable at the time of delivery so you are liable to pay the hiked price, regardless of when the car was manufactured. But out of goodwill, you can work out a solution with the dealer/VW: be it complimentary warranty or services or accessories.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 14:34   #6
BHPian

The registration has not been done, but the insurance has already been taken out for the VIN and chassis.

I did speak to the dealer , he has informed that the vehicle even though without the idle start stop & TPMS has been invoiced on their side with the updated price.

So guess am going to end up paying 35K extra without the 2 additions, seems like there isn't much I can do as well, because I do need the vehicle asap.

Am planning to let it slide, after digging around the gold mine that's Team-Bhp i don't think that for the kind of minimal usage that I have it would actually make sense see link(https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...rubbish-2.html (Engine start/stop system - Good, bad or plain rubbish?) ) But if any of you who are more experienced can give me a strong case to reconsider, I still stand my ground.
Old 15th June 2022, 17:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
The registration has not been done, but the insurance has already been taken out for the VIN and chassis.
Ideally the dealer should have offered you the Mar'22 pricing as this was car in his free stock that he has allotted against your booking in May'22. Whenever there is a price increase (in an ideal world) it should be applicable only to vehicles that are sitting in the factory yard and not yet billed to any dealers or for new bookings against which the car would be manufactured.

Honestly it doesn't matter that he has taken the Insurance for the vehicle against your name. It is all easily changeable by the insurance company. He just wants to push the car to you. Please remember till the time the car is unregistered at RTO, anything and everything is possible to be done.

If not anything try pushing him for 30k worth free accessories or some service package or something. Don't let that 30-40k slide.

Last edited by Shanksta : 15th June 2022 at 17:20.
Old 15th June 2022, 17:21   #8
BHPian

Please visit the dealer in person immediately and verify that car is really invoiced. Insurance is very easy to cancel from dealer end. Invoice cancellation is tough due to GST complications but possible. You still stand a chance if RTO fees is not paid and form 20 which is sale certificate is not generated. But please visit in person and talk politely but firmly to get it done.

Hope the new model doesn't have any other feature deleted.
Old 30th June 2022, 22:03   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Taigun | Paid hiked price, but did not get new features | Will dealer refund price difference

Since you're requiring to take the car immediately and it is available in your choice of color : I'd pick it up just because the idle start - stop isn't something I would miss.
Infact it's the first thing I switch off whenever I start the car!
TPMS is a boon though to be honest but not something I really miss while driving the other cars that don't have it. There are a few after market options available which are reasonably priced (though they wouldn't be inbuilt) and could be worth considering.
Old 19th July 2022, 10:44   #10
BHPian

Re: VW Taigun | Paid hiked price, but did not get new features | Will dealer refund price difference

Quote:

I did speak to the dealer , he has informed that the vehicle even though without the idle start stop & TPMS has been invoiced on their side with the updated price.

So guess am going to end up paying 35K extra without the 2 additions, seems like there isn't much I can do as well, because I do need the vehicle asap.

Am planning to let it slide, after digging around the gold mine that's Team-Bhp i don't think that for the kind of minimal usage that I have it would actually make sense see link(https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...rubbish-2.html (Engine start/stop system - Good, bad or plain rubbish?) ) But if any of you who are more experienced can give me a strong case to reconsider, I still stand my ground.
As far as I know, TPMS can be enabled for around 2000 bucks, search youtube. So don't be too worried about that.
Old 19th July 2022, 10:56   #11
BHPian

Thank you all for all the help, I did try to negotiate but the dealer did not budge and i did not press on it as well since the dealer had already gone over and above his duty for getting me the vehicle , took delivery in under a week of booking.
Overall was really happy with the delivery and now driving around in my very first VAG.

I will post an update on the ride soon the review thread over this weekend.
Thanks again for all your inputs.
al90 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 14:22   #12
BANNED

If you were given a word by the dealer about the price then only you can get the money back else every dealership has this "Price applicable at the time of delivery" printed and this is what happens. Irrespective of manufacture month you have to pay the updated price.
PrathamTSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 10:55   #13
BHPian

It’s the new reality we live in. Car manufacturers push hardware upgrades like android software updates every two months. I have a Virtus GT and trust me you’re lucky to get a car without idle start stop. It is very aggressive and my car keeps shutting off every time I slow to navigate a speed breaker. And as far as the TPMS is concerned, it is not Active TPMS but only a tyre deflation warning system.
This same thing happened with Skoda Slavia owners who had to pay 50k more to get a downgraded infotainment system with no wireless CarPlay and no subwoofer.
Old 9th August 2023, 10:16   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
I have a Virtus GT and trust me you’re lucky to get a car without idle start stop. It is very aggressive and my car keeps shutting off every time I slow to navigate a speed breaker. And as far as the TPMS is concerned, it is not Active TPMS but only a tyre deflation warning system.
I second that - the idle start /stop and TMPS as they are on the Virtus / Taigun are not going to be missed. You are really better off with out the start / stop. You should be able to enable TMPS via Vcds/OBDEleven.

But that does not change the unethical practice of charging you extra. And most of VW cars are available for immediate delivery as well.

Was the the dealer KUN? I am betting they are!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks