Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2022, 15:37   #16
BHPian

Re: From a sweet dream to a nightmare | Jeep Compass buying experience | Landmark dealership

This is indeed frustrating. That too in the beginning when the sale has not even happened! My two cents - cancel the booking and save yourself the bigger pain and torture that you are quite likely to face in the future. You might find something even more interesting in the market. All the very best!
Sidjohri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 15:53   #17
BHPian

Re: From a sweet dream to a nightmare | Jeep Compass buying experience | Landmark dealership

This is very appalling as well as unnerving news for those interested in Jeep cars. As the dealerships are very thinly spread and jeep doesn't have an exemplary record in the quality department, it needs a leap of faith from the prospective customers to go for its products in India. I too have booked a Jeep Compass and I might cancel the booking if such hassles are a norm than exception with Jeep.
Hope the OP gets the matter resolved soon.
regards
Old 5th August 2022, 17:36   #18
BHPian

First of all, thank you all for your feedbacks. It is kind of overwhelming to receive so much support on this Forum (beyond expectations).

@shancz: Thanks for your feedback. Good points made there. Yes, the situation is really frustrating and I need to take a decision soon.

@ajayc123: I cannot agree more with your analysis. The thing is that I am still stuck and #1 and not able to reach #2 and #3. And the overall experience is giving me a really bad taste.

@vinitbhavi: Completely agree on the dream part. I believe buying a house/flat and buying a car are two major milestones of one's life. And all this is making me think that is it really worth all this trouble for 25L ?

@Laidbackakki: This is exactly the thing going in my head since past few weeks. If this is the behavior of a company and its dealership towards a willing customer, then the after sales would be more than a nightmare. After reading about vinitbhavi's recent experience I was wondering whether he would have received any resolution to his issue had he not come to this Forum?

@CrAzY dRiVeR: That was also supposed to be my delivery timeline which you stated. Good thing for you is that you moved to Limited and got the delivery. By bad luck is that I kept moving ahead with Longitude for which I am now reading in this thread that they are discontinuing it. The dealership could have told that to me in March itself and saved me from going through all this trouble.

@bullitt1: The customer service from Jeep is still replying to my emails but they keep giving the standard reply that they are sorting this out with the dealership so please bear with them. This is what I keep hearing back from them since May. An overall bitter experience is what I can say. I am not sure if I have the energy left now to look for alternate ways of buying this product. At the end of the day, I might have to go back to the same dealerships for servicing even if I get the product from other places.

@amit1agrawal: I have started to believe that the reason you have mentioned in your post could be behind all of this. I am surprised to hear that Skoda is no different. I am not sure but I am getting a feeling lately that after two years of COVID car manufacturers and dealerships in general have changed their behavior towards the customers. The attitude is like - take it or leave it. And you are very right about the A.S.S and the pinch. I am already feeling it.

@BleueNinja: This is exactly the issue with Delhi NCR. The two dealerships in Delhi, the one in Gurgaon and the one in Noida are all owned by the same company. So kind of a monopolistic attitude towards customer because the customer has no other choice.

@Raghu M: Ditto ! If the pre-sales experience is like this, then what would be the after-sales experience. As I said above, it is not that the customer service at Jeep is not responding to my emails. They are just not interested in solving the issue at hand.

@IamNikhil: Thanks for sharing the updates. If I go with the information you shared, then I have a very simple question for Jeep and its dealership, Landmark:
If Longitude was to be discontinued, then why did the dealership took my booking? I find it hard to believe that the decision to discontinue a variant would happen at the drop of a hat. If there is no coordination between the dealership and the company, then why should a customer pay with his time and money for the mismanagement?

@car-go: If the news you are sharing in your post (regarding discontinuation) is true then still advertising those products on your website would not be called marketing in my humble opinion. I would call it FRAUD. Misguiding the customer and baiting him seems kind of a fraudulent behavior. Congratulations on your purchase. At least you were guided in the right direction by your dealership unlike mine. I believe, I was also stuck like you. Also, as per the emails you suggested, I have been already writing to service.indiajeep and keep getting same standard replies. They seem to care the least. Regarding writing to Mr. Meunier, if the Management team in India does not give two hoots to a potential buyer, I would highly doubt that the CEO of Jeep would have the time and patience to hear my story. I think Jeep expects to receive uninformed customers with deep pockets willing to just pay and leave.

@Sidjohri: Thanks for the wishes.

@fawad0222: I am slowly losing all hope now. It is close to 6 months and I still dont have a delivery date in hand. Given by what others have mentioned regarding the discontinuation of the model, all hope seems lost now.
dular is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 18:07   #19
BHPian

Really sad to hear the lack of communication from Jeep. This is what I gather:
- You have booked the car with Landmark at one of their dealerships. They are by and large ok and stand by their written commitments, even if they hardly give anything in writing.
- Since you live in NCR, unfortunately you don't have an alternate dealership to go to since it's a monopoly for them
- Jeep (company) customer service is non existent. They monitor their dealers for customer satisfaction and complaints, but do not interfere or communicate directly on most matters. If you try really hard at their call centre, they will connect you to a Jeep sales RM who can confirm whether you will get the delivery or not. However, this isn't going to happen in writing. All complaints to Jeep will land back on your dealers desk only for written communication.
- Price protection / compensation for your mental trouble is a non existent practice in India, so no point in requesting for it

This is what you can realistically do:
- Cancel your booking and ask for 100% refund by waiving off the cancellation charges. Take your business to another manufacturer
- Move to another model within Jeep and ask for priority delivery. Landmark would be more than happy to do this (without any discount)
Quoter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 18:18   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Landmark has an absolute monopoly in Delhi-NCR. This group solely operates all Jeep dealerships and workshops that cater to Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida and Ghaziabad. Anything related to Jeep, they are they ones you have to approach. They know it. Jeep also knows it. That is the crux of the problem.

It is appalling that the company has allowed the creation of such a monopoly in the biggest car market of the country. This shows in their service as well. Workshops remain overloaded and you have to run after them for appointments for service and support. High time an additional dealer is appointed for Delhi NCR.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 19:45   #21
BHPian

Must be really frustrating. I joined Team-BHP a few months ago and in the joining questionnaire where you have to mention your dream car, I had mentioned Compass. I have been drooling over it for quite some time but as time passes and as I read more and more horrible experiences of Jeep customers, my enthusiasm for it has started to wane. Just few days back there was a thread about a brand new Jeep Compass breaking down within a week and the ordeal the owner had to go through. If Jeep is reading this, they need to understand that they are sending all the wrong signals to prospective customers.

If they have stopped manufacturing Longitude variant then they shouldn't have taken the booking and if they have taken the booking they should deliver the car or should have cancelled the booking and refunded your money long back.

Last edited by yashg : 5th August 2022 at 19:47. Reason: Fixing typo
yashg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 21:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Why not simply cancel the booking? I am sure the dealership would oblige no point breaking your head over why longitude variant is not available when promised and all that.

Love and Infatuation are two different things my friend. I believe you are infatuated by this car not truly in love with it. If you personally know of anyone using a 10 year old FCA product, then go for it. Otherwise why bother? You mentioned that you don't mind paying a premium considering you would be using this car for 10 years right? If you really do love the car you ought to have already cancelled your booking, and gone ahead with whatever variant they are immediately able to give you or else scour the used market. All this is not for the faint hearted it is simply what you have to do if you truly love the vehicle since there are flaws but you will have to learn to deal with them and go around them somehow if not, then I suggest it is high time you realized that this is merely an infatuation, and give up on it. Especially considering the brand does not seem to care.

PS: No offense meant I am able to understand the frustration you feel I just think that it is not worth it.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 5th August 2022 at 21:21.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 21:18   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoter View Post
Really sad to hear the lack of communication from Jeep. This is what I gather:
What you have gathered is correct. This is how the dealership and the customer service of Jeep operated. However, as mentioned in your fourth point, it is not only the mental trouble that I have been going through. It is also about the time and money I have lost by waiting for so long. I started the discussions in November. Finally, I booked it in March and there seems to be no clarity either from the dealership nor from Jeep itself. I have still not received an email from them confirming if they have discontinued the product or halted its production.

1. So, in all this waiting, not only has Jeep increased its price several times other companies have done the same. If Jeep and its dealership had been transparent with me in November that they could not deliver, I would have gone for another product and saved at least 1L (in on-road price) due to the several hikes till now.
2. Also, I was expecting a car with Feb, or March 2022 (approx.) manufacturing date. If I start now looking for another product, I might have to wait till the end of this year for delivery (e.g., Nov, Dec 2022). This would mean at least a 6–9-month depreciation value on my purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Landmark has an absolute monopoly in Delhi-NCR. This group solely operates all Jeep dealerships and workshops that cater to Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida and Ghaziabad. Anything related to Jeep, they are they ones you have to approach.
This is exactly the point I made earlier about the monopolistic attitude of Landmark in the region. After several interactions at their Noida dealership, they made me feel that they are doing a favour on both Jeep India and its customer by providing the keys and car to the customer. For anything else, the customer can go to hell is their attitude. Also, thanks for pointing out the issue about overloaded service. It seems this point is not discussed too often. Although, on my first visit to the Moti Nagar dealership, I could see a long line of Compass standing along the dealership wall waiting to be serviced. I noticed it at that time but never thought about it before you reminded me. This seems to be another issue then with the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
If they have stopped manufacturing Longitude variant then they shouldn't have taken the booking and if they have taken the booking they should deliver the car or should have cancelled the booking and refunded your money long back
This is exactly what I have been telling both the Landmark dealership and Jeep India for many months but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. It seems like such a simple and straightforward thing, but the callous, irresponsible, zero-accountability attitude has been prevailing till today. No one wants to take ownership of the issue and at the end of the day, it is the customer who is at complete loss here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Why not simply cancel the booking? I am sure the dealership would oblige no point breaking your head over why longitude variant is not available when promised and all that.
Thank you very much for your post. I think I needed such words to come out of my coma and end the dream. You mentioned two categories – love and infatuation. Let me add a third one to it – fanaticism. The steps you are asking me to take fall under this third category in my opinion. Let me give you an example for each:

Infatuation: You feel attracted to a girl for one week and in the next week, there is another girl for whom you feel attracted to. Cut to car scenario: One week, you want to buy a Harrier and the next week you like Compass and the third week you want the X3.

Love: You like a girl and want to be with her forever. You even spend your 1-month salary on her for a dinner date. Cut to car scenario: You like a car and stretch your budget as much as possible to get it.

Fanaticism: You like a girl, sell your father’s house and make them sleep on the road just to have a dinner date with her. Cut to car scenario: You like a car and spend your kid’s education savings on buying it (something which you are suggesting I do).

I understand what you are trying to convey, but I think I am still old-school regarding such definitions. Although, I must confess that I almost touched that level of fanaticism and came back. Let me bare this as well – what the heck!

It was during one of my several visits to the Landmark dealership in Noida when they were not providing me on the clarity of the car delivery, I told them to let us find another solution. I am a strong believer in getting things done. So, I told them that since there is no clarity on the delivery of Longitude, let us find an alternate solution. I am willing to stretch my budget further for Limited, which you say is available. I am selecting Limited because I want light interiors and not the dark one (Sport, Night Eagle, S). But, this time, the dealership also has to show some flexibility by providing me with some leniency on the pricing of Limited. I have been interacting with the dealership since November 2021. I have been doing everything they said. I was willing to book the car in November. They refused the booking then. They then asked me to come in February. I went in February for the booking. They said the cars are not allocated to them so come in March for the booking. I went in March and finally made the booking at the price they suggested. The price difference between Longitude, which was booked back then vs the current price of Limited, is around 4L (OTR). I told the Landmark dealership that the difference is huge, but if they show some goodwill, accountability for all the delay that has happened and for good customer relationship by providing me with a good price, then I am willing even to go this far. I told them that this would also demonstrate the good intentions that you are really trying to make this deal go through.

The reply was rude – Impossible! End of discussion. They did not even want to have this discussion. They made it clear to cancel this booking. Make a new booking and pay the current full price. This made it clear to me that the team at Landmark was only interested in their full margins on the sale and not really interested in customer relationships. I discussed the same idea with the customer service of Jeep India over a call. There has been radio silence also from them. I have finally realized that neither the Landmark dealership gives two hoots to its customers and neither does Jeep India.

So, I believe the dream is now over—time to move on, as most in this thread have suggested (and find a new love). Next time I see a Compass on the road, it will be like that girl you loved who left you and now is married to someone else. lol

Looking forward to sharing a new experience in the future! (Hopefully, a good one)

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Please proof read your post for typo errors before submitting it.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th August 2022 at 09:24. Reason: adding quotes instead of @, spell and grammar.
dular is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 21:52   #24
BHPian

As a trailhawk owner myself, I understand your frustration. There's complete monopoly in terms of dealerships. Landmark in the northern cities + Mumbai. Pride in Telangana, PPS and KHT in Karnataka. And in all of these I heard some positive feedback only on PPS. And due to that monopoly, Jeep lacks any kind of control on them. I dealt with Pride and Jeep customer service and it kind of felt that these dealerships own Jeep India. The customer service after escalating one of my complaint(https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...trailhawk.html (Jeep / Pride Motors Hyderabad duped me | Used Compass Trailhawk)) through Facebook, has told me that "the dealership has given the verdict" and that "Jeep stands by them". If the customer service(who are trained on communication skills) uses words like that, we cannot expect much from anyone in that company.

So, I would suggest you to walk away from this company. Just imagine that you have to deal with the same monopolistic dealership for at least 3 years for your servicing and repairs(the minimum warranty period). The number of niggles are also equal or more than other cars in the price range.

But I also understand your love for the Jeep which was also my reason for choosing it. As you said it, you will love the driving experience.

And also there are not many good options in that price range from a reliable manufacturer. I'm not saying that the other manufacturers value customers. But at least some of them care about their online reputation and immediately work on your problem if you highlight it on social media. But, not Jeep India.
neelkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 01:17   #25
BHPian

I have similar experience with Jeep. We bought Compass Diesel AT S from Aaron Jeep, Kolhapur. During PDI I found some paint defects thay the dealership promised they would rectify. On the day of delivery they hadn't solved it and asked me to drop the vehicle for another day so that they could fix it. They knew I was staying in Pune & I wouldn't wait nor I would come back to repaint the bonet. When we were about to drive out the SA told us Jeep has mistakenly sent a one wrong key FOb & I would get my key within a week. It will be a month now & I still haven't received my key. Fustrated i called Jeep customer care & to my dismay they are more pathetic in response.
My suggestion walk away or upgrade. There is no point in buying it after this sour experience.
knightfurry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 06:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dular View Post
I have exhausted all my means to get answers to my question from Landmark and Jeep India. I am now asking for your help to get these answers.
I love my Petrol MT compass as a product for its looks and build quality, smooth driving experience (so far!) in general. However Red flags need to be taken seriously in my opinion. I had many, I ignored them in the excitement of buying a new Jeep and as a result ended up with a poorly painted product (possible a PDI failed piece).

I think most Jeep dealerships are equally bad, non supportive and have full backing from Jeep / FCA even if they are at fault. I suggest you take a peek at the Twitter page of Jeep India before taking the plunge. The page is full of complaints and horror stories of Jeep owners for compass as well as Meridian. I mean most automakers have some complaints on their page but not at such consistent frequency as Jeep.

They lie or evade the issues in their mails. No idea about Landmark but in Pune the service center is overloaded with cars in a very small place with technicians that are clueless and a body shop that does not have painting expertise.

Since the pre-sales experience is turning out bad, please also look at other manufacturers. Do note that Harrier and Hector also use a FCA sourced engine, same that is used in the diesel compass. You may want to check out the Harrier / Hector pages to see if this engine is having any issues.

Jeep dealer in Pune had been telling me since last one year that Sport variants will be discontinued, yet they are still taking bookings. The Sales executives aggressively tried to sell me longitude variants repeatedly last year offering up to 95% discounts as well. But without me paying any booking amount or making any commitment, 3 sport variants landed in his stockyard this May22 waiting to be booked. I got mine delivered in 3 days of booking BUT not the car i was shown and promised, but a 4th car that magically appeared after making full payment. Sadly this car turned out as very poorly painted and I failed to notice this during inspection.

If you've made up your mind to go ahead for Jeep, I suggest you press the dealer for a sport variant or seek another dealership that obliges. I found the Sport variant real value for money at the price when compared to the longitude. The fabric interiors are very premium if compared to other manufacturers and personally I did not like the color combination of the longitude interiors. Also I found the manual transmission petrol pick-up very much quicker than the AT petrol and with no sluggishness that i felt with the AT.

However as an existing owner I am constantly worried that my car will come out either damaged or with new problems after the first service. That itself makes me think of how long should I keep the car?

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th August 2022 at 10:16. Reason: Fixed the quote.
argchoff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 19:17   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
"the dealership has given the verdict" and that "Jeep stands by them". If the customer service(who are trained on communication skills) uses words like that, we cannot expect much from anyone in that company.
I am at shock reading your thread and the harrowing experience you had. Your case seems like a clear and intentional case of fraud. It seems an average person does not want to get into legal pursuits and therefore these dealerships and companies are doing whatever they want. As I mentioned earlier, there seems to be no accountability.

Also, as you said, I have a similar feedback for Jeep's customer service. I keep sending them emails and in each email they say we are checking with the dealer. On phone calls, each time I have to explain my issue to a new person by going through the whole situation again and again. At the end of each call, they say we will get back to you. And that's it. There is no system in place for escalation. The Jeep India customer service is nothing but a black hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfurry View Post
I have similar experience with Jeep. We bought Compass Diesel AT S from Aaron Jeep, Kolhapur. During PDI I found some paint defects thay the dealership promised they would rectify. On the day of delivery they hadn't solved it and asked me to drop the vehicle for another day so that they could fix it. They knew I was staying in Pune & I wouldn't wait nor I would come back to repaint the bonet. When we were about to drive out the SA told us Jeep has mistakenly sent a one wrong key FOb & I would get my key within a week. It will be a month now & I still haven't received my key. Fustrated i called Jeep customer care & to my dismay they are more pathetic in response.
My suggestion walk away or upgrade. There is no point in buying it after this sour experience.
Wow, just wow ! A customer who bought the highest variant of Jeep's product line gets paint defect on a new car and a wrong extra key. This is just amazing. I always believe that mistakes can be made but it all depends on how those mistakes are rectified to ease a customer's situation. After seeing the responses in this thread, I am getting disillusioned one reply at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
They lie or evade the issues in their mails. No idea about Landmark but in Pune the service center is overloaded with cars in a very small place with technicians that are clueless and a body shop that does not have painting expertise.

Since the pre-sales experience is turning out bad, please also look at other manufacturers. Do note that Harrier and Hector also use a FCA sourced engine, same that is used in the diesel compass. You may want to check out the Harrier / Hector pages to see if this engine is having any issues.

Jeep dealer in Pune had been telling me since last one year that Sport variants will be discontinued, yet they are still taking bookings. The Sales executives aggressively tried to sell me longitude variants repeatedly last year offering up to 95% discounts as well. But without me paying any booking amount or making any commitment, 3 sport variants landed in his stockyard this May22 waiting to be booked. I got mine delivered in 3 days of booking BUT not the car i was shown and promised, but a 4th car that magically appeared after making full payment. Sadly this car turned out as very poorly painted and I failed to notice this during inspection.
I have also experienced that Landmark Noida people lie in their emails. They will not address your point and talk something totally different and unrelated. And when you start pushing them and asking direct questions, they simply stop responding to emails.

Since other people have mentioned in this thread that Jeep has discontinued, it seems the Sport variants appearing in the stockyard in May could be PDI rejected cars. Jeep and its dealerships might be trying and pushing them on unsuspected customers.

As you suggested, I have started looking at other cars. I have lost all faith and confidence in Jeep as a brand with the dealership experience at its worst.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th August 2022 at 10:22. Reason: Fixing quote tag and slightly trimming quoted text.
Old 9th August 2022, 23:16   #28
BHPian

I am sorry to go a bit off topic here but why do always the OEMs with one of the most well rounded products, have one of the most complained about service/ sales experience!
Old 10th August 2022, 17:19   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustavguha View Post
I am sorry to go a bit off topic here but why do always the OEMs with one of the most well rounded products, have one of the most complained about service/ sales experience!
I believe it is pure arrogance. There is a famous saying in hindi/urdu - "khuda jab husn deta hai to nazaakat aa hi jaati hai". They might think that since people are willing to pay a premium to them over others for the product, it would not matter if there are a few cases of poor service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
I think most Jeep dealerships are equally bad, non supportive and have full backing from Jeep / FCA even if they are at fault. I suggest you take a peek at the Twitter page of Jeep India before taking the plunge. The page is full of complaints and horror stories of Jeep owners for compass as well as Meridian. I mean most automakers have some complaints on their page but not at such consistent frequency as Jeep.
As suggested by argchoff, I went to check the Twitter page of Jeep India and it was just crazy to read about the number of issues not only with Compass but also with Meridian. I was banging my head against the wall that why did I not check this before making my booking. I read almost all reviews everywhere on the internet but did not check Twitter. For any potential future buyer of Jeep product, I would also suggest to view the Twitter page and then decide for yourself. Go to the Tweet and replies section of Jeep India. There were two highlights for me there:
1. I saw tweets also from vinitbhavi (member of this forum who created a thread here on his issue) who also shared his issue on Twitter but got little help. I believe it was only when some influential members of this Forum helped him, the issue got resolved.
2. I saw a tweet also from Vir Sanghvi (author, journalist) asking for help there (July 24-25, 2022). This means that he got little or no help from the dealership or from Jeep customer care to resolve the issue on his son's Compass. So, even a celebrity was not spared. It was kind of a wow moment for me.

Last edited by aah78 : 10th August 2022 at 18:09. Reason: Spacing.
dular is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 12:42   #30
BHPian

So, the final update is that Jeep India admits over a phone call that it is no longer making the Longitude variant and therefore asking me to cancel my booking. The same information is shared by the dealership. But no one wants to give this in writing, in an email because then it might put them in legal troubles. Reason being that Longitude is still advertised on Jeep India website and you can even book it today through the website. Such kind of fraudulent activities are being carried out by Jeep India.

When asked to Jeep India:
1. Why did the dealership took the booking when Jeep India was not making this variant anymore? - No answer
2. What is the compensation offered for waiting more than 6 months for a product which can not be delivered? - No answer

This is the kind of management at Jeep India ! If they cant even deliver a product to a willing buyer why are they talking about low sales in India ? If this is the pre sales experience, I can only have sympathy with Jeep customers for their after sales horror stories.
dular is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks