Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2007, 18:35   #1

Forester/Regent Motors woes

Let me tell you guys a not so pleasent experience that i had recently with Regent Motors (GM Dealers in New DElhi) because of problems i had with my forester.

One fine night while returning from a party one of the belts in my forester broke and the next day I sent it to Regent Motors and they tell me that
my A/C compressor, tensioner, water pump etc etc have gone kaput

They gave me an estimate of Rs.130000 for the whole job and I had to pay them in advance as they only bring in forester parts against payment. The whole thing took around a month and i also got the front bumper changed and 1 fog light replaced.

In April end after getting it repaired and changing all the above items just 1 day after I took the car the A/C blower went haywire and wasnt working properly. The vent control was not working and to top it all the A/C Compressor stayed on even after you switch it off.

I took it back to Regent Motors and they seemed to have forgotten to check the A/C properly. The airflow was also reduced and after spending almost 125k i feel like quite a fool. And on top of that the repair shop people have a 'I care a damn attitude.' The problem seems that though they have sold these "Chevy" Foresters in India they have no clue about how to repair it. The stereo system also went and the repair guys told me to take it to some outside guy as they diidnt know how to repair it. One front window was not working properly and after they tried to 'repair it' it stopped working altogether. They said the motor needed replacement and would cost us around 10K

We really got pissed and told them to keep the car till they repair it as we didint need it anymore and left the car with them.

We then complained to GM and they kinda sorted out the issue and had the car delivered to my place with the window working but they sent a bill of 1.3k (they had asked for 10k for the same thing) but i refused to pay and they created a ruckus which i just ignored.

Now after all this my car's belt has started making that screeching noise again

AAAH

What do i say

Any comments or suggestions anyone
Old 25th June 2007, 21:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Write to Auto car , CAR India etc. See the response . If it still doesnt work you can file a case at a consumer court .
Old 25th June 2007, 21:14   #3
Team-BHP Support

screeching sound can be coz of the new belt loosening up, get it to any good garage and tighten the belt and see if it helps,
Old 25th June 2007, 22:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

Try an independent garage since I'm assuming by now you've no warranty left on your car. They'll do a much better job than the monkeys at Regent.
Old 26th June 2007, 15:29   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

They gave me an estimate of Rs.130000 for the whole job and I had to pay them in advance as they only bring in forester parts against payment. The whole thing took around a month
This is the single most important problem with buying unpopular cars or those that belong to a niche segment. Parts availability!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks