Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2022, 14:46   #1
BHPian

Tata Hexa Breakdown under warranty : Unresponsive Workshop

Hi

An ordeal that we all feel will happen someday if you buy a Tata vehicle -

My friend has a 2020 Jan, Tata Hexa - Under standard warranty with the Gold AMC .

The vehicle overheated , broke down and was taken to the Arya Tata Dealership Gurgaon 10 days back for required repairs .

Timeline of events -

- Hexa sent to Arya on the 26th of August
- Owner was out of city , so driver was responsible for delivering to the workshop
- Job card not provided till date
- No Loaner car

The car was supposed to be delivered today as per the service advisor , however on follow up , it was communicated that the parts have been ordered , so there is no ETA available as of now for delivery

Further

- One service tech on the outset said that the ""Engine Assembly will be replaced"
- After I got involved and asked questions today , the service manager gave some vague answers on the head being changed - on probing further no more details

The GM of the dealership or Tata , to whom this issue has been escalated are both non responsive

Does anyone here have contact details of someone in NCR for Tata service who I can have my friend escalate the issue to .

Pls help

Last edited by wbd8779 : 5th September 2022 at 14:48.
wbd8779 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 15:50   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa Breakdown under warranty : Unresponsive Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbd8779 View Post

Does anyone here have contact details of someone in NCR for Tata service who I can have my friend escalate the issue to .

Pls help
You can contact the North zone customer care manager. All the dealer workshops in the NCR are supervised by him.
https://cars.tatamotors.com/service/contact-us
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa Breakdown under warranty  : Unresponsive Workshop-screenshot_20220905154315.png  

Last edited by damodar : 5th September 2022 at 15:52.
damodar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 16:57   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Allow them good amount of time to go through everything, engine replacement will take time maybe even a month. Its not a good idea to rush through it because if they cut corners to save time, your friend will be a permanent resident of their workshop!

Lots of small bits and pieces may need to be replaced along with the engine, some things may break during disassembly etc which needs to be ordered again and then fitted once they arrive. This being a discontinued vehicle parts will take time to arrive.

An older post perhaps related to this by BHPian TROOPER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
About engine heads being changed, I felt it it's necessary for folks here to know if it is true.

Before sharing stuff, let me make an amendment to what I said. Engine head changes have been observed in both AT and MT variants, not just ATs.

Secondly, I made an assumption that many owners would be aware of this. Apparently they aren't. And that is the reason, I feel it's better they are made aware.

This post is not to put people into panic mode, or start a campaign against or malign Tata. It's to make owners aware that such an issue can crop up in any Hexa. Why I say any? Because Tata has no answer as to why it happens. And we would like to know why it happens. And maybe assured that it would be resolved by Tata if it crops up after the warranty is up.

One of the reasons this issue probably hasn't come out in the open is Hexa's low sales figures. Most of the head changes are done quietly with no debates. Hell, one uninformed owner reported this change, photos of invoice in tow, where TASS replaced the head under the guise of 'service campaign'

My last post was shared on Hexa's telegram group by a fellow owner and a discussion was sparked. We wanted to know if this issue is common and what is the cause.

Only a couple hundred members are active in this group. So the numbers I report are from those, not the whole odd 26,000 Hexas sold. Issues are reported in 2017 & 2018 year models. No known issues yet in 2019 makes.

For reasons unknown to us owners and even TASS, a leak is observed between the engine head and exhaust manifold. This is accompanied by a decrease in oil levels and overheating. In some cases, I guess changing the gasket does the job. But most of the owners who reported have undergone an engine head change. Now as it usually is with Tata, the job is done smoothly or with some hiccups for owners under warranty.

1. Currently I am aware of 11 owners, whose Hexas have undergone engine head changes. You can make it 12 by adding BHPian jalsa777's Hexa to it.
2. 1 gasket change. I guess this is done if the issue is found early and head change can be avoided.
3. 2+ owners are now reporting leaks. But nothing further can be concurred unless the lockdown is lifted and TASS opens up.

Sharing a link to video of a leak.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wr...XFkfjIZF0jbzG7

A similar issue in the Storme, jump to 2:10 mark
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=OQC3377-4Zg

Here's how it looks

This post is to inform Hexa owners on and off the forum, that this issue exists, and so they won't find themselves on unfamiliar grounds if they face it. The reason I say 'exists' is because there's zero clarification from Tata and hence, it can crop up in any Hexa.

Some owners would find no leak, just a greasy residue in the same location. No need to panic, just clean the area and check after a couple hundred kms are clocked to be safe. Here's a pic from a 2017 XT with 50k on the ODO.
Kosfactor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 10:54   #4
BHPian

@kosfactor - I agree with what what you are saying , the problem is that there is no transparency in the process .

As mentioned , earlier they said that the car will be ready and delivered by yesterday , and then suddenly the statement changed to "parts ordered "

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks