Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 18:10   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttamc View Post
Guys,

Underbody rust treatment. The treatment at the Tata Service centre at Sewree, Mumbai was really good - far better than any service i've got at Sah & Sanghi in bombay for my maruti. Really polite staff, and they had looked into everything before i got there to pick up the car. Its honestly the first time when i've seen a service centre being more helpful than a sales team!
After 2002, all TATA cars are coming with underbody rust treatments. So we do not need to have it done. I think it sould be the same case with Palio. Please do check your manual book and check it out.
Old 28th June 2007, 18:29   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
well the fit of the plastics on the stile is definitely not up to the same standards of the old palio.. my 3 year old 1.2nv feels better more solid than my new stile with things falling apart here and there.. hoping its just teething issues
Thats bad cause build quality was the main advantage FIAT had over the other small hatches.
Old 28th June 2007, 18:59   #18
BHPian

so fiat joining tatas looks a win win situation for everyone as you guys are telling that service is better than fiat alone could have offered
Old 28th June 2007, 19:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
didnt do the rust protection that he was pestering me to do since my wallet wasnt in good shape at that time, he quoted 4.5k and it included underbody treatment and waxing of the insides of doors so water doesnt seep in from windows.
4.5k's steep! I paid 2550 + taxes for mine - they had a special discount on 'cuz of the monsoon. Otherwise it's 3500.
Old 29th June 2007, 10:38   #20
Team-BHP Support

In non coastal cities like BLR, Delhi, Ludhiana, where I have seen cars within the family run for 100K kms etc., over a period of 5 years, the only part which got rust was the silencer.
After 5-6 years I don't know but till then the only rusted part is the silencer in the entire underbody.
In some cases rust is seen at wheelwell corners etc.,(thats not underbody I think)
None of our cars use dinitrol etc.,
So I wonder if its really useful or a gimmik.
Maybe coastal area folks need it because an uncle had the first gen 800(small one) 1987 and after 10 years it was badly rusted on the underbody side.
He finally got the underbody painted for 1000rs and used it for a few years more before selling it off.
Old 29th June 2007, 11:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

well i certainly havent seen any of my cars get rusted, dad ususally sells after 3-4 years so i guess its too early in that period for it to show any signs of rust
Old 29th June 2007, 11:54   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlather View Post
After 2002, all TATA cars are coming with underbody rust treatments. So we do not need to have it done. I think it sould be the same case with Palio. Please do check your manual book and check it out.
Who gave you this info?

I have a 2005 Indica and thereafter I purchased two more for two close buddies. None of these came with any default underbody rust treatment. You need to get this done separately. All Tata workshops list this as an option in their rate charts.

However, I think the prices are non-standard. Out here at Autofin they just charged me 1700 bucks for a double layer dinitrol coating with 5 years warranty. After its done you get to see a thick black coating in the underbody and even in the wheel-wells.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks