Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2007, 23:16   #1
BHPian

Service at Tata Motors was great!

Guys,

i do realise there's a fear for After sales service for the car. My first experience at Tata Motors during the first service was really good - they took care of all my problems (ac vent not switching off, a couple of scratches on the car, underbody rust treatment, rattle in dashboard and regular 1st service). The treatment at the Tata Service centre at Sewree, Mumbai was really good - far better than any service i've got at Sah & Sanghi in bombay for my maruti. Really polite staff, and they had looked into everything before i got there to pick up the car.

My advisors name was Ravi, ask for him, he's really helpful n friendly.

The service at Shaman at prabhadevi is of course, a completely different issue ... its honestly the first time when i've seen a service centre being more helpful than a sales team!
Old 27th June 2007, 23:53   #2
Team-BHP Support

Check out Uttamc's complete Palio Stile 1.6 review here.

cya
R
Old 28th June 2007, 10:04   #3
Team-BHP Support

uttamc, good to hear of your pleasant experience. Hope this new attitude translates to more customers.
Old 28th June 2007, 10:14   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uttamc View Post
Guys,

...first service was really good - they took care of all my problems (ac vent not switching off, a couple of scratches on the car, underbody rust treatment, rattle in dashboard and regular 1st service)......
Hey Uttam, What is underbody rust treatment - something that's preventive?
Old 28th June 2007, 11:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that Tata Service centers are raising their standards and delivering good service to Fiat cars too!
Old 28th June 2007, 11:45   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingummy View Post
Hey Uttam, What is underbody rust treatment - something that's preventive?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ating-car.html

cya
R
Old 28th June 2007, 12:05   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i do realise there's a fear for After sales service for the car. My first experience at Tata Motors during the first service was really good - they took care of all my problems (ac vent not switching off, a couple of scratches on the car, underbody rust treatment, rattle in dashboard and regular 1st service). The treatment at the Tata Service centre at Sewree, Mumbai was really good - far better than any service i've got at Sah & Sanghi in bombay for my maruti. Really polite staff, and they had looked into everything before i got there to pick up the car.
Rattle in the dashboard within first service?

On the palio? FIAT build quality levels coming down?
Old 28th June 2007, 15:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Rattle in the dashboard within first service?

On the palio? FIAT build quality levels coming down?
Well, actually the rattle seemed to be there all the time - right from the factory i guess....
Old 28th June 2007, 16:45   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Well, actually the rattle seemed to be there all the time - right from the factory i guess....
Thats one thing I dont expect from a palio. Are you sure its not something in your glove compartment. I was irritated to the core when I got the rattling started in my dash and it turned out to be a stupid CD in the glove compartment
Old 28th June 2007, 17:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

I had a rather pleasent 1st service as well. they came and picked up my car, and took it for service, and returned it as well. then 2 days later, i had a call from tata motors asking me if the service was done well. impressive!
Old 28th June 2007, 17:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

just my 2p as well if uttamc doesnt mind. i completed my first service as well about 2 weeks ago for a palio 1.6 stile here in chennai , gave it at concorde ambattur since no other tata service center in chennai seemed to be ready to take in fiat palios

must admit it was a bit disconcerting since mine was the only fiat palio at the place . other than my car there was a fiat petra .. so 2 lone fiats among a crowd of tatas ..

but the staff from watchman to receptionist were extremely courteous. had to wait for my turn a bit since there was quite a crowd .. then a tata exec called me and filled up the job sheet and then asked me "no complaints right?" i said sorry i got a long list here.. so both of us proceeded to check the car (after i waited for him to finish his tea)

then he proceeded to inspect the car and took note of whatever complaints i had making a check list (the same checklist appeared in the bill) here are the things that were handled

1. rattling from dash (actually a squeaky sound like styrofoam rubbing against each other) and parcel tray (both were happenning from day one)
2. the plastic panel on the inside of the r-orvm was broken on delivery
3. had banged my bumper on a stair at home and the fog lamp had gone in
4. wasnt too happy with brakes and a/c so had asked them to check
5. a thin long white scratch from a cyclist on bumper. this was noticed by the tata exec , good sharp eyes there and he said he would touch it up

think thats about it, on picking up vehicle next day the rattling from dash and tray was gone . he gave some story that rattling from tray was cause of my ovals there .. but he said he tighned all screws and it sounded fine after that

unfortunately yesterday ran over some bumps and the tray has started to rattle again :(

orvm panel was glued on due to lack of parts :S but was informed before i came to collect vehicle

as written on invoice , front bumper removed and fog lamp refitted

brakes and a/c test done and results ok

scratch was rubbed and i guess painted a bit since the white mark was not there . can still feel the scratch where the plastic was nicked but not noticable to eye.

other than this they just checked all levels and did a waterwash

didnt do the rust protection that he was pestering me to do since my wallet wasnt in good shape at that time, he quoted 4.5k and it included underbody treatment and waxing of the insides of doors so water doesnt seep in from windows.

all in all a pretty decent service experience, cant fault the front end but will know how well tata holds up once more serious issues occur.

at the moment the only issue is spares i think.

edit: they took care to put paper mats on floor to protect the rubber mats but forgot to do anything for fabric.. have a few signature prints from the mechanics hands

Last edited by bottle : 28th June 2007 at 17:36.
Old 28th June 2007, 17:38   #12
Team-BHP Support

Whats with the stile and rattles. The old Palio 1.2 my uncle has have has suffered many things, but rattles are not one of them.
A case of cutting corners?
Old 28th June 2007, 17:38   #13
BHPian

Even mine was quite good!

Hi! I own an adventure and my experience at Tata Motors service centre at Deonar has been good (I have been there twice)

On time receiving of the car, and on time delivery!

Even for some door rattling noise, the technician came for a test ride and did a thorough check up!

I am going there in 2-3 days for 3rd service, hope it is the same this time as well.

Regards
Old 28th June 2007, 17:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Whats with the stile and rattles. The old Palio 1.2 my uncle has have has suffered many things, but rattles are not one of them.
A case of cutting corners?
Thats a bit odd in my opinion too. It is more to do with the plastics. My rattles came on pretty late and that too after some abuse. After service they do go away, but come back courtesy Mumbai roads. The only cars I have not heard rattling were Hyundais and one lone well maintained Tata Indica.
Old 28th June 2007, 17:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

well the fit of the plastics on the stile is definitely not up to the same standards of the old palio.. my 3 year old 1.2nv feels better more solid than my new stile with things falling apart here and there.. hoping its just teething issues

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks