Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2023, 19:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Humour: Experience of buying a Skoda car in India

Thanks everyone for your kind words and taking the time to read this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
Is there a way to confirm this, as opposed to take the salesperson's word for it?
Not really and this is one thing you could take in writing if you suspect something fishy. In our case, the 6 years of warranty + 4 years of service plan started 1 week AFTER the delivery date (atleast that's what's showing up in the app and the EW/SMP papers) with the delivery date being also 1 week ahead of the actual.

Upon enquiring about the anomaly, the dealership says that their registration system was down , but since we're getting extra days of warranty and service package, we're letting it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
Sorry if I sound stupid, but what's transit mode and how is it obvious that it was a lie with that pic of the console?
Are you referring to the odo being 34KM and that proving that it was clearly driven for a short distance - probably from the stockyard to the showroom or something?
thanixravindran has provided a good overview and that's the understanding I have as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
From factory Skoda cars are speed locked with the engine check light ON so that it can be driven only minimum distance for transit. Engine warning light will be ON when you start the car. It is removed before registration at the dealer level.

Look at the first service days left in the infotainment screen. It is initially configured from date of shipment from factory. It is also reset to the date of sale at the dealer level.

My understanding came from This article from a VCDS tuner. I'm not sure it's applicable for the newer cars from VAG group in India, but a transit mode should not allow full operation of the vehicle, as it defeats the purpose. The Driver's display would also show minimum amount of information that's enough to support yard operation and unloading the vehicle.

Further, I had also checked the "next service in" parameter on the infotainment screen during the PDI- for the silver car we got it was around a week less than 365 days, while for the grey car, it was somewhere around 200 days - further pointing to the fact that the car we took also was out of the "transit mode".

Good luck with your purchase!

Last edited by govindremesh : 16th February 2023 at 19:22.
govindremesh is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks