Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2023, 02:09   #16
BHPian

Re: Difficulty in getting Test Drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Well, I generally don't find it difficult to get test drives (specially onsite at showrooms) except for Mahindra.

Mahindra dealers atleast in Noida/Ghaziabad/Delhi are known to have "buy it or leave it/We don't care" kind of attitude, and they are least interested to attend to potential customers, let alone test drives.
I would disagree with the statement. I went to the Koncept Mahindra showroom in Noida and enquired about the Scorpio-N. The SA told me that they do not have a Z4 AT petrol available for test drive however a Z8L Petrol AT is available. I asked if I can get a TD and SA shared a number to book the same. I called the number the next day and confirmed a TD for 4:30 in the evening. The car was at my place by 4:15 and the SA was not at all in a hurry though he told us in advance that he will not be able to allow a TD more than 15kms. We looked at all the functions of the car for around 1 hour or so, compared it with our neighbour's 700 and the SA was patient all this while and he arranged a call from the finance department next day at 11, as promised.
Akash_1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2023, 11:32   #17
BHPian

There are a lot of variables involved in this, therefore everyone visiting the same showroom in the same day may have a different experience. We cannot generalise this.

This is my experience while buying a TATA Nexon. I visited multiple competitor showrooms without any prior appointment and here is what I experienced:

TATA Motors Showroom : The Sales advisor & Test drive of Nexon was arranged within 10 minutes of arriving at showroom. Very impressive.

Whereas my friend had a very bitter experience in the same TATA showroom as nobody turned up even after waiting for more than 45 minutes. As per him all the Sales Advisors were busy with other customers.
The same story repeated when he went second time to the same TATA showroom, SA was assigned but Test Drive could not be arranged as the TD car had gone to a prospective customer's home.
My friend got irritated, went to Hyundai showroom and booked Venue without any Test Drive.
Old 17th March 2023, 19:42   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex1815 View Post
There are a lot of variables involved in this, therefore everyone visiting the same showroom in the same day may have a different experience. We cannot generalise this.
Agree. I have recently taken TD at Mahindra and Tata. I walked into showroom and was able to get the TD for XUV700, Scorpio-N and Safari.

I was with my wife and kids that may have made some difference but I feel it all depends on the time and SA.
mukeshc18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 20:40   #19
BHPian

I agree too. There seems to be some sort of shortage or I don't know if they are selling their test drive cars to desperate customers especially cars with long waiting periods.

Recently a friend wanted to test drive my car because he couldn't get a XUV700 test drive car.
Old 18th March 2023, 11:15   #20
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

As they say "mileage may vary". Have had different experiences with different dealers and manufacturers:

1) Kanpur - 2016, Swift ZXI - We were given a test drive on a yet-to-be-billed and delivered VXI. It was okay, though I was not okay driving someone else's new car
2) Bangalore - 2019, GLA 200 - Couldn't afford it but they said "no worries, please try at least". Perks of owning a Superb, I guess
3) Lucknow - 2021, Swift ZXI+ - SA refused to believe that there's something called cruise control. Also, no test drive provided
4) 2021 - Sonet and Seltos - No communication, nobody bothered, nothing. Guess people buy these cars just by brand name and feature demos at display models
5) 2021 - Ecosport P AT - Good experience
6) 2021 - Amaze CVT - Nobody bothered
7) 2021 - Nexon XZA - No effort by SA and dropped as disdain towards Tata had started creeping in, thanks to all horror stories and a recent extremely poor recruitment attempt with TCS (I guess Vistara is the only nice thing Tata has - Why not remove rear wheels from the Airbus A320s? Surely, no enthusiasts market, right?)
8) 2021 - Polo GT TSI - They were reluctant but they delivered
9) 2022 - Fortuner Legender 4x2 AT - Obviously couldn't afford (I am neither a software engineer and nor working in a startup, also not from Tier-1 MBA), told the SA as the same. He said "doesn't matter sir, just try it once". Great experience overall (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5344385 (2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review)
10) 2022/23 - Scorpio N - Have taken multiple test drives. Entitled to unlimited test drives as I have booked one (that's what the SA said and he delivers). First experience: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5354308 (Mahindra Scorpio-N Review) .Most recent experience: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5507144 (Mahindra Scorpio-N Review) - Not a single AT car at any dealership
11) XUV700 AX7L D MT - Didn't want, didn't care but SA insisted. Was given a test drive nevertheless (forced into it but hey, I got to drive)
12) Thar AX HT D MT - Prompt but the circuit was really short, barely 3 km
13) 2023 - Jimny - SA said it will be a while before it comes to Lucknow. Also, he said "either book it or walk off. No test drives without booking". Can't wait to try the futuristic and cutting-edge 2077 4 AT gearbox

Basically 9 and 10 were the first days of the rest of my life. I guess I've said enough
Maybe will walk over to Narain BMW sometime
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 19:01   #21

Went online to book a TD for the new Tuscon. A few weeks later, i got a WhatsApp message from Hyundai asking if I was still interested in a TD. Maybe I'll reply to them that i have already purchased a a car after a few weeks.
Old 19th March 2023, 12:45   #22
BHPian

I recently got a 40 km round trip test drive for the Astor turbo - MG has really put in effort to make the customer (even potential customers) happy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks