Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2023, 14:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Adieu Hector - Bad experience at MG Dealership, Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
The experience you have gone through is not isolated so don't feel so frustrated. If Hector fits your requirements and your and family's heart is set on it then I'd suggest you to be patient and the wait would be worth.
Thank you for you kind words of support @Aviator_guy.. The advice of all the people here on this lovely forum is making the frustration whither away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
I would suggest to chill out and get the car that you like so much, you will forget everything else later. I guess given the long waiting times due to this supply chain disruption and post pandemic demand, the situation is going to be the same with other brands, more or less. A Maruti dealer told one of my acquaintance to wait for 6 months for the Ertiga, since then there has been no communication after booking, except the Sales person is an extremely sweet talker.

You can give them your peace of mind by not getting your car serviced there, they will beg you to bring the car to their dealership for servicing, offer you free home pick up and drop and discounts, simply refuse to budge. They earn a lot of money from servicing and a customer lost on that front is a big loss in the long term for them.
Haha, that's a devilishly cool plan I do understand the supply chain disruptions has wreaked havoc on the industry, my fault I believed the SA when I was told it didn't affect them. Will surely consider this advice, even if I don't go for an MG. Didn't know we had that ace up our sleeve wrt servicing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
As someone who has a booking with Krishiv Motors as well, however from their Worli branch. I do fully sympathise with you, that the sales and backend team does indeed have a bit of a lacklustre or more or less of a lethargic attitude. Something not expected for folks buying quarter of a crore vehicle.

Albeit, I would more or less take a day or two to seek more clarity from a calm mind. If you really like the vehicle, think of these as minor speed bumps in an otherwise long way. Considering that you're stretching your budget, is it really worth waiting more by getting in another line where booking doesn't guarantee safety from price hikes whilst we wait? Thanks inflation and/or corporate greed.

I wish you happy motoring, and I hope your next ride brings you joy.
Thank you for your kind and sage advice @Lord-Lannister. As I had mentioned earlier, thanks to prior work and travel commitments we'll be only able to review and decide after April, hence the next financial year. This time will give me perspective and with a calm mind I hope we're able to decide on the right car for us. And this time we'll be prepared for the wait..

Thank you so much to all the kind folks who have responded with advice and encouragement and support to my post. So glad this forum exists!

May all of you find - and keep - peace of mind as you go forth on the journey of life..
Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 13:25   #17

I tried the MG MALAD dealer once as wanted to buy hector plus 7 seater, the response was lack luster even for a test drive and had to visit the showroom twice for same, but was okay with it as it's on my way from home to sports club.

Later on I tried with the MG CHEMBUR the professional attitude and rapport of the sales executive Sumeet was real good. They did not have a 7 seater on display, so he arranged for the same from an existing customer and even the customer was happy to help considering his experience with the executive and showroom.

Did not go ahead with the purchase as the last row is unusable in real terms of a 7 seater.

But was happy to see response of the executive was real good and prompt.

Based on my limited experience would suggest you to try MG CHEMBUR in case if you decide to buy the car later on.
mukeshgundecha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 11:33   #18
BHPian

I think you have missed to read a useful thread although being a Team bhp member.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...l-because.html (Had a bad sales experience at a dealer? Please do NOT eliminate the car model because of that!)

I know your ego or emotion have been touched by the sales guy, but the sales guys are not always perfect that we expect 5 star hotel's hosipatlity or care!

If you are in love with the car, just try sourcing the same from other dealers around the city or neighbouring city. Dont miss the girl you love just because you got bad treatment with the people around you!
All the best!
jeganatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 23:02   #19
BHPian

I for one would "expect" a red carpet treatment anytime I'm plonking down Rs.25 Lakhs on anything in life.
mpp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 13:37   #20
BHPian

I also believe in gut feeling like you. When something has to happen it happens in a lovely way in a flash with whole nature working in your favour. When something is not destined for you or is not right the nature gives you enough signals in terms of hiccups and negativity. So good you cancelled. Hector is not for you or may be the specific car you were allocated to was not right.
steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 12:31   #21

Hello! This is my first ever post/reply on this forum! I really wanted to start off my journey with a detailed Skoda Slavia user review cum travelogue, but this post by @Evyas made me change my debut plan!

Coming to the topic, we had a similar disappointing experience with Kia in Pune. We booked Seltos (HTX- manual) in March 2022 with a wait time of 3 months. The SA had created a WhatsApp group with the entire Kia dealer universe only the members in this group were just numbers...no one cared about what was happening with the booking or bothered to respond to any queries.

Sadly, I had to literally coax the SA to arrange for an MT car test drive as I didn't like the sluggish performance of the IMT/Automatic. After many days of persuasion, he arranged for a quick test drive of 5 minutes! The excuse was that the car was heading out for some other branch as a display vehicle and so he can't offer me a proper test drive

As time progressed without any proactive updates about the delivery from the SA, my patience started waning and uncertainty started creeping in about the impending purchase. The talk about the build quality, which had not hit us till now, also made us rethink our decision. Finally, I went to the showroom and met the SA who shrugged his shoulders when asked about the updates on the delivery and then dismissed my concerns about safety by saying that no car is safe if not driven properly! He had the audacity to tell me that the videos/news about the lousy safety rating of Kia cars were a planned act of spreading negativity!

This lackadaisical approach by the dealer further strengthened my doubt over my decision. If this is the case where the customer is not considered a priority, then the scene in the future when/if the car needs any repairs/ replacement of any parts, looks very dicey! They will simply shrug their shoulders and say that they don't have any clue.

Finally, good sense prevailed and we decided to cancel our booking. And just as @Evyas had experienced with MG, the Kia people were least bothered about the cancellation and asked me to come and collect the refund amount in 15 days, a timeline thankfully they managed to meet. The big fat wad of cheques on the refund collection day was a revelation that cancellations outnumbered the bookings at Kia

Well, more on this in my detailed post about car booking, canceling, booking, canceling, and finally booking without canceling to loving every moment of owning and driving the competition slayer- Skoda Slavia soon!

@Evyas, hope you get the car of your choice along with a great buying experience!

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th March 2023 at 16:13. Reason: No more than 2 smileys per post please. Thank you.
rhdongre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 11:18   #22
BHPian

I had booked MG ES EV in Chennai, Perungudi showroom. Going to take delivery on Jun08. Luckily they had a car available readily. Otherwise, I too might have ended up cancelling seeing the indifference.

I also faced a hands off approach by the Sales Person even within this 1 week period. I dont want someone to kiss the a$$ but there is basic sales courtesy is needed.

I promptly got the Team Lead number and asked him to manage as I was not getting a good experience. Now it is better.

I again had a tiff to pay the full amount for the accessories before completing delivery. I have put my foot down and said I will hold some payment rather than agreeing to be their hostage. They agreed after I talked with Showroom manager.

I think we as customers are also at fault for considering everything the dealer is asking for without employing common sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks