Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2023, 17:02   #1
BHPian

What made you walk out of a car showroom?

Hello All,
I'm trying to start a poll here. The context of the poll is that you walk into a showroom of a brand ABC where it's notoriously famous for XYZ reasons and then walked out stating the same reasons.

Why and what made to venture in and the walk out ?
Old 2nd March 2023, 17:30   #2
BHPian

re: What made you walk out of a car showroom?

I know I will never buy a Suzuki. But still for the sake of them being the largest seller in India I do visit their showroom, whenever I need to finalise on a purchase.

I walk out with the same impression which I had when I walked in.
Indepth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 17:44   #3
AYP
Senior - BHPian

I'll never walk into a showroom which is notoriously famous for XYZ reasons and then walk out stating the same XYZ reasons. If I walk into a showroom, it means that I am willing to consider a product from this ABC company despite the XYZ reasons which make it notorious.

If someone walks into a showroom which is notoriously famous for XYZ reasons and then walks out stating the same XYZ reasons, then it was a futile exercise for him/her and I would really be perplexed by the idiocracy of such a person.

Since 'never' is not an option, I have refrained from voting.

Last edited by AYP : 2nd March 2023 at 17:59.
AYP is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 17:54   #4
BHPian

The sheer attitude of sales and service personnel in Tata showrooms is beyond imagination. The way MS pampers its customers is beyond imagination too.

But, people misuse the respect of MS. and people cry with the attitude shown by tata ASS.

Personal experience supports the same theory.

For the middle class Indians, A car is Brand support + Service availability + Spares availability + Reliability. If one factor is off, its wise to not to touch that car.
Today, car purchase is being influenced by many Youtubers, who themselves do not have enough experience with cars. Saddening, but they are able to influence millions, for their personal interests.

Most of the Tata's sales are driven by these youtubers, who proactively emphasize on 5 star ratings and Tata's greatness. The correlation to Media content to Tata's sales is clearly evident. I checked with some who bought Tata cars recently and all were either influenced in one way or the other.

I am not against any brand, but when the sales are driven by information/misinformation, without the real product being the sales driver, it will affect the sales down the line. The buying patterns will change in a year or two.

Last edited by Mustang_Boss : 2nd March 2023 at 17:57.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks