Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2007, 02:52   #31
BHPian

well another nut working at maruti dealership, hmm

well i have had some bad experiences from Indus motor, pattom, TVM
they refused to give me details to a zen estilo and swift body kit.

i was sitting in the swift getting a feal of it, after hearing what they said i banged the door so hard that the showroom echoed and i just walked out!

i will always recommend MARUTI POPULAR they rock in A$$ , dealership everything!
Old 29th July 2007, 04:26   #32
BHPian

hey awini !! definately a bad experience but you know when you go for a maruti you should expect no frills!! as much as they'd try to keep up with the times they'd never be able to be as good as honda or merc!! the point being go for what you're looking for, look at the car rather than the dealer look at what u want from the car itself!!
Old 29th July 2007, 15:26   #33
BHPian

This is appalling behavior and what makes it worse is Maruti as a company is seriously conscious of good customer service.

Maruti is spending upwards of 300cr in advertising to ensure people like you walk in and make a purchase, and all it takes is one in thousands to negate that, which makes it all the more important that anyone who represents Maruti is a though professional. Excuses just don't work. A negative experience is a negative experience and with the Internet and blogs and the multiplying factor companies are increasing realizing just how expensive one error can be.
Old 30th July 2007, 10:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
am not defending what that guy did but just for second think perhaps may be just may be, he was having a real bad day at work. so cut him some slack please.

we all have bad days when we behave like morons and robots.

it does not matter what you have gone to buy or where you have gone to buy. sometimes the responses are not what we want them to be. so its up to us to understand that perhaps simply that the person we demand a response from is simply having a bad day.

and may be you don't need to give him an earful, for a change, give him your ears and ask him if there was something bothering him on that "fateful" day. and i bet you in most cases the response will become positive and you just might be gald that you asked him and so he will too.

life is a beach.........enjoy it!

surYa

Mod Edit: Go easy on the dots please. Thanks!

hollywood, was that you in that dealership ? or someone whom you know ? you seem to be oblivious of the irritation that a customer can feel when encountering a salesman like this. If like you said he has some problems, he should not be sitting there waiting to talk to a customer. should have taken the day off & gone. there is no justification in sitting in a showroom & saying i had a bad day so i can say anything i want.
Old 30th July 2007, 12:39   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
hollywood, was that you in that dealership ? or someone whom you know ? you seem to be oblivious of the irritation that a customer can feel when encountering a salesman like this. If like you said he has some problems, he should not be sitting there waiting to talk to a customer. should have taken the day off & gone. there is no justification in sitting in a showroom & saying i had a bad day so i can say anything i want.
, he should have taken the day off perhaps.

by the way, i do not work at any dealership, its just that what i do involves visiting and spending time at various dealerships, so, just in the interest of a healthy debate about pros and cons of being on either side of the fence, i am posting replies/threads that gives the impression that i am on the "other side"! cheers!
Old 18th October 2007, 03:47   #36
BHPian

update.... bought mitsubishi pajero ...
Old 18th October 2007, 08:45   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
hi awini, noted your feedback and its kinda unfortunate that you got a cold response. but i request us all to think just for minute. have anyone of us even for a second stopped to think about why that sales person did not respond to you? we straight away jumped to the conclusion that he is this and that and the dealership is this and that and even to the extent that "does maruti care". am not defending what that guy did but just for second think perhaps may be just may be, he was having a real bad day at work. so cut him some slack please.

we all have bad days when we behave like morons and robots.
People in sales have no business behaving like morons. It can hurt the company in lakhs or crores of rupees. If they are having a bad day, let them take a sick leave. Would you forgive an air traffic or pilot for having a bad day if they cause a plane crash. No you won't.

If you are incapable of doing the job temporarily, just withdraw and let somebody else do it. By being moron on job, you are only hurting the your company and your job itself. The word gets around (like this thread) and soon it will affect the future business.

PS: I changed the title of this thread to make it more accurate.
Old 18th October 2007, 10:05   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely agreed with Samurai. The man was on duty, and he better perform to the best of his capabilities. A single scoffed customer can drive away 10 others.

That said, its best not to visit a store / office / exhibition in the evening time for new business.
Old 18th October 2007, 10:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

[quote=awini;508336]on saturday i visited sikand motors on janpath in new delhi, to enquire about the grand vitara, which at 15 odd lakhs on road is marutis most expensive vehicle.
admitidly, it was about 7pm, so it was about closing time, but the doors were still open, when i asked about the car to a salesman sitting there, he did not even have the courtesy to stand up and attend to a potential customer for a very expensive car, when i couldnt get any information from him, i asked for the sales and price leaflets,he just kept sitting there and shrugged his shoulders, and said they dont have any, at that point i thanked him and walked out.

Sikand Motors is a very old and established Delhi dealer. But their customer service has always been a bit slow (from my experience in 1995). Perhaps the salesrep thought you were considering an Alto which sells. In Delhi, I have seen only a gradual change in the sales service of the old, established dealers such as Sikand and Competent. Even if the sales rep is new to the job, the culture is still of the late 1990s when 800 and Zen used to command premiums.
Old 18th October 2007, 10:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

[quote=iraghava;508547]Sad to hear that Awini but these days it seems some dealerships just don't care. Let me compare this to my experience with Courtesy Honda where I had gone for a TD of the CR-V for a friend. We reached late at about 6:30-6:45 pm when all the sales staff bar one had already left (It was a saturday so there was minimal sales staff anyway) but as soon as I approached him he was courteous enough to ask me to have a seat in their lounge & went off to enquire about the car's availability.

I second that. From Sep 06-Mar07, I visited many dealers in Delhi and I found Maruti dealers perhaps the worst, followed by Skoda. I would rate Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, and GM as just about equally good (they were all very responsive).

At Competent, I went on Saturday post lunch at 230 PM with my wife and kid hoping to see WagonR/Swift and perhaps get a TD. They did not have the brochures and even the car, and started to give me the onroad price straightaway (either they thought I was rich or perhaps it is their mentality).

Nearby was Bagga in East Delhi, slightly better with brochures being actually there, but again no TD and no actual car, but inevitably the onroad price was again given without any requests.

perhaps
Old 18th October 2007, 11:07   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That said, its best not to visit a store / office / exhibition in the evening time for new business.
i disagree, if they are having a bad day, let them shut shop a little earlier, but as long as they are open for business, they must observe the decorum of trade.
evening is about the only time when most of us can take time out for such things.
all paperwork etc for the pajero was done at my office at my convenience, i did not have to visit the showroom for it.
in 1998 when i bought an opel astra, the dealer offered to and did deliver the car at home!! as did mercedes.
Old 18th October 2007, 11:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Actually agree with awini.

I once visited National Garage in Sakinaka to enquire about UVA and Spark, dot at 6:30pm. The salesman there patiently kept answering my queries for a good hour, and arranged the TD next day at the requested time.

We're doing a favor to the dealers by buying stuff from them. In today's age of customers getting cars at their offices to TD by just a call, the store salesman cannot afford to slacken off!
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:42   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Actually agree with awini.

I once visited National Garage in Sakinaka to enquire about UVA and Spark, dot at 6:30pm. The salesman there patiently kept answering my queries for a good hour, and arranged the TD next day at the requested time.

We're doing a favor to the dealers by buying stuff from them. In today's age of customers getting cars at their offices to TD by just a call, the store salesman cannot afford to slacken off!
doing a favour? i completely disagree with that one. no customer does a dealership a favour by going there and nor does the dealership do the customer a favour by attending to them. its just business dude.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks