Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:32   #1
BHPian

24/7 vehicle BreakDown Assistance

Came across this website
RESCUE - 24/7 Vehicle BreakDown Assistance - *Home

what do you guys think.. is it worth becoming a member?

cheers
Old 23rd July 2007, 11:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

hmm i think it would be a good idea to get a feedback from people who have used their service(if possible). They claim a turn around time of 20 min which is pretty hard to believe ..specially in Bangy .. heck it takes me 20 min to take my car out of the parking to the road because of all that traffic ..lol
Old 23rd July 2007, 16:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

It will be good service most of the times I am sure. I have seen few people using service similar to this. They are happy with it most of the time. This kind of service is good move because people get help very fast and light on pokcet compared with authorized service centre's charges for same assistance and compitetion will bring cost down and customers will have more options to choose.

But expect waiting time will be 1 hr. definately not 20 to 30minutes. again it depends on location where you need assistance. Example If vehicle breaksdown inside city we can locate local mechanic very easily. Actual testing of help we need will be when we are in city outskirts. The success of this service depends on how prompt they are to address when we are in outskirt of the city and need help.

If they attend faster its good. I am sure this kind of people sometimes say they can't the reach the place we are in trouble.

I visited their website one interesting photo is trouble with Indica, pity on you TATA. To be very honest I have seen many indica get struck in main roads and people getting out and pushing it to road side. I was talking with my Wife when we saw such incidents If I drive the car in congested city same scene of pushing the car can be seen instead of driving most fo the times because of my bad driving knowledge/interest

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 23rd July 2007 at 16:06.
Old 20th November 2010, 18:51   #4
BHPian

Called these guys up when I met with an accident on my bike on a Sunday. The bike was left immovable. The Bajaj service centers and all workshops were shut. Could not find any means of moving the bike also.

And that leaves me with the last resort - Google. Found their site on searching for 24/7 breakdown assistance for bikes. Initially they refused as I was not a member. But a little bit of pleading resulted in them arranging for a mechanic within 20 mins.

It seems they have tie-ups with lots of small workshops around the city. In case of a call they just get the nearest workshop walah from your location to attend to you.

Haven't yet taken their membership though. Did not think it was necessary for the car considering Maruti's 24/7 assistance. As for the bike, I have kept postponing taking membership, as I hardly ride anymore. But I would recommend it for anybody who rides regularly.
Old 4th March 2014, 19:32   #5
BHPian

Third party RSA and rescue services

I chanced upon the below while going through my employer's corporate offer communication.
http://www.rescuefirst.com

Though it may not be as extensive as one would expect, going by the website name, but more of a generic third party RSA paid service which can be availed 24/7 by any 2/4 wheeler owners. Though they have mentioned the host of services on offer in their website I could see only 2 fixed packages (INR 1250 for car and INR 750 for bikes). I am not sure if they have other long term packages. In case of breakdowns, you can call them even if you don't have a membership and they will charge you at actual costs. Members have free and preferential services.Going by the list of services it can be helpful if you are stuck during odd hours due to an accident, puncture, breakdown or no fuel. Looks like the services will be of help in case of something as serious as an accident/breakdown to something not so serious like senior citizens, ladies etc needing help to change flat tires.
I would like to know if any our BHP'ians are subscribed to their services and can shine a spotlight on how good they are. For now this service is only available in Bangalore. If they are really professional, I would love to have something similar in my hometown as it can be of help to my parents.
For quick reference, the below are what they cover for cars and bike.

Mods:- I could not find a relevant section hence posted it in directory section though I have not used their services yet.
Attached Thumbnails
24/7 vehicle BreakDown Assistance-2-wheeler.jpg  

24/7 vehicle BreakDown Assistance-4-wheeler.jpg  

shinuak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 17:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: Third party RSA and rescue services

check this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ssistance.html

apart from them, there are other providers also, like crossroads, mytvs, carnation etc. Usually your car manufacturer should provide some sort of RSA, even for out of warranty vehicles at a price. For example, for tata vehicles, you get mytvs service at a lower price via TASC's
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 09:05   #7
MSC
BHPian

Re: 24/7 vehicle BreakDown Assistance

A private and professional towing service is definitely the need of hour. These days most car manufacturers give 24x7 road side assistance for vehicles. But whenever you call they say towing vehicle is gone some other place and it will take time. The time extends to that much extent that poor customer gets his vehicle towed at his own arrangements.
Old 29th August 2015, 12:36   #8
BHPian

any reviews on SKODA Assist-24x7 Roadside Assistance
Old 28th December 2016, 23:08   #9
BHPian

Sorry for having to revive an old thread, but found no other place to post my query.
I am looking at a 24/7 PAN India Road Side Assistance for my motorcycle. All the ones that I have googled cover only local breakdowns and do not offer coverage for anything that happens out of the city.
A HOG membership entitles me to get PAN India Road Side Assistance, but that comes at a Rs.8,000.00 premium.
Are there any other service providers for motorcycles that offer this at a cheaper cost?
Old 13th November 2020, 20:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Can someone tell me what is the difference between RSA provided by the manufacturer/dealer and RSA provided as an add on by the insurance provider.?
Old 14th November 2020, 19:22   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Can someone tell me what is the difference between RSA provided by the manufacturer/dealer and RSA provided as an add on by the insurance provider.?
There are two ways how it can work.

Manufacturer can provide RSA where the closest dealer would come for assistance. Works well with OEMs which have a good service network. You are never too far from a service centre. The closest dealer would try to fix problem on the spot. If not, the car would be towed to their workshop. Charges would be extra in most cases. It is done usually through toll free service of OEM.

In case there is a vehicle fault and car is under warranty/extended warranty, usually OEM won't charge customer for roadside assistance. Some dealers which have a big network of their own can also give free roadside assistance to their customers who have an existing relationship with the dealership Eg. Renewing insurance from the dealerships, having dealer's AMC, etc.

Manufacturer or Insurance company can do a tie up with a company which provides roadside assistance. This company has tie up with garages/workshops/towing services/taxi services/hotels etc.

Depending on the package they provide various services like:

1. On the spot repair for minor issues.
2. Towing to the closest authorised service centre in case vehicle is immobilised either due to accident or some vehicle fault.
3. Stepney change.
4. Get fuel in a can and fill it in case customer runs out of fuel.
5. Taxi service for some kilometers for customers incase the vehicle is towed and sent to service centre.
6. Book room in a hotel
7. Ambulance/Medical support
8. Any legal support.

The above services can be free or chargeable depending on the package taken.

There are many companies which provide such services. TVS Auto Assist, Allianz Road Assist, Europe Assistance etc.

In most cases the OEMs/Insurance companies have tie ups with one of these companies.

So, the answer is that it depends on whether OEM/Dealer are themselves providing the service or they are providing it through a third party.

Insurance companies usually provide it through a third party.

Best way is to read and understand all terms/conditions and benefits before taking any such service.

It's really worth it if you make long trips outside your base city.

If you mostly drive in a single city, OEM's/dealer's helpline number should be sufficient

Last edited by fazayal : 14th November 2020 at 19:28. Reason: Typo
fazayal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 14:50   #12
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I need to get a RSA plan for my parents car as they occasionally drive out of station.
They drive a 6 years old Creta and I have been reading poor reviews of Hyundai RSA. We have had mixed experiences with CrossRoads, so not sure if there are other options out there which could be better.
Any recommendations?

Dear Mods: I couldnt find a more appropriate thread & hence posting it here. Do suggest if there is a more appropriate thread for this.
Old 17th February 2022, 15:24   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Look this up:

https://www.allianzassistance.in/

I don't buy any RSA cover, just use this company by doing a one time payment as and when I need them. I used them only once within the city (Bangalore) for a Honda City and I was satisfied with the experience.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 15:41   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post
I need to get a RSA plan for my parents car as they occasionally drive out of station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
While I don't have RSA on any of our cars, I do have it on my bike, from Allianz. The response time for a request logged at 6.45am was two hours; the tow was required within city limits (and on the highway).

From what I've read about RSA, there are multiple plans: some that are city of issue-specific (eg. within a 50kms radius of city of issue), while others are more relaxed it terms of radius covered. Where do your parents typically end up driving? It may be worth to check if the cities/towns fall in the serviceable range.

If you haven't had a good experience with Hyundai RSA, check with the insurance provider on the Creta?
Old 17th February 2022, 19:49   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post
Hi everyone,

Any recommendations?
I do not have any experience with stand alone RSA but have used RSA twice that comes bundled with my Car insurance from Royal Sundaram. They have outsourced it to My TVS.

It is called Valet Care which is free of charge which is mainly related to Vehicle accident and tied to insurance claims. https://www.royalsundaram.in/html/Valet-Care.pdf

But it also has RSA as value added service which was again free of cost even today after the car has completed 11 years of life.
https://asp.tvs.in/public/uploads/24...Assistance.pdf

My experience is limited to Flat tyre once and Dead Battery once but both of them are in metro cities like Bangalore and Chennai. Experience is quite pleasant and the guys came promptly within 30 mins and had the necessary tools. They even refused to accept a tip and the call center promptly confirmed that we got the assistance before closing the ticket.

Now most car insurers have a 24x7 RSA/Emergency assistance as a add on cover so you can try it. I opted for it with HDFC Ergo for my new car recently.

Most Viewed