Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 18:38   #1
BHPian

I complained abt my dealer (Sagar Auto), now what?

I had posted my experience with Sagar Auto in response to another members post on the same dealer.

To summarise, post my paid service, i realised that the coolant was not topped up. When i went to the dealership, I spent 50 minutes listening to "we will attend to you in the next 5 minutes".

I wrote an email to maruti explaining my inability to stick with them as far as my future upgrades were concerned (I actually hinted that i wud rather look at city than a SX4). As expected, the dealer has called. Our dear mr Anil Rao wants to investigate my car. It is possible that the coolant was topped up, maybe there is a leak.

He wants to send a technician across to check the car for leakage.
I am not sure how easy it is to introduce a leak when checking at the customers premises. The coolant is a fingers width above the low level since the last 2 months (I havent topped up as i wasnt using the car).

I have told Mr. Rao that I will let him know when i would be free. In the meantime, I intend to purchase a coolant and top it up and see if levels go down due to some leak.

My idea of complaning was not to win some freebie of additional service or free coolant, but to make Maruti aware of the deficinecy in their services.

What do the other forum members advice? Safe to call the technician? Better to go to some other MASS to check for leakage? Top up coolant on own and monitor levels visually?

Cheers
Ajay
Old 23rd July 2007, 18:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

since u have already raised this issue with the dealer - better to move to another dealer bcos, u never know what they mite do to ur car next time around....

since its just the case of coolant, just top it up and continue with some other maruti dealer
Old 23rd July 2007, 19:00   #3
Team-BHP Support

Let the technician come and check in your presence. How will he introduce a leak then.

Since you have complained, changing the dealer or topping it up would defeat the purpose.
Old 23rd July 2007, 19:15   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Let the technician come and check in your presence. How will he introduce a leak then.

Since you have complained, changing the dealer or topping it up would defeat the purpose.
I dont know how he will do it? A pin prick? A deft loosening of a screw/ nut?

I am not sure if I understood the "defeating the purpose" bit. The idea of complaining is not to win some freebie from the dealer, but to make maruti aware that it will slowly go the fiat way.

Cheers
Ajay
Old 23rd July 2007, 19:20   #5
Team-BHP Support

Yeah exactly if you leave it you really wont make MUL realise that there was a problem from their side. The dealer will try to put the blame on you unless you prove otherwise. He will report the same to MUL that it was your fault and they topped it up but there was a leak. That way MUL will think the dealer was not at fault.

You wont get freebies from MUL even otherwise. they are not so generous. lol.
Old 23rd July 2007, 19:24   #6
BHPian

O ok. So let the technician come and check, and announce that there is no leak. Wonder if that mite actually happen (no leak verdict i mean)...

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2007, 19:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Give appointment to them and wait for technician and if they don't attend then visit another dealership.

According to me when dealership don't solve your problem its worth complaining and mention you can't wait for long time.Visit another dealership and get your problem solved. Then inform date/time/dealership detail you visited and feedback about if problme solved or not, this will be like proof for MUL to investigate.

Its waste of time and waiting for same dealership if problem not solved, I am telling you based on my past experience. What we need to do is make sure you don't refer people who troubled you. Thats the lesson we can teach right now in India.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 24th July 2007, 16:03   #8
BHPian

I agree 100% with Ravi. If you really want to put Sagar to the sword, go visit another dealer, get your coolant checked and get it in writing(that your car did not have a coolant leak). Now you will have real proof and your case becomes stronger.
Old 29th July 2007, 00:29   #9
BHPian

Thanks for the feedback guys. Balaji, I think Ravi feels that its ok for the sagar guy to inspect the vehicle, whereas in your opinion, I should get it done from elsewhere

Cheers
Old 29th July 2007, 00:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

dont think they will stoop to such levels to defend themselves. So no harm in getting the mechanic to check it at home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks