Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 22:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

I always thought washing was included in the Labour charges for paid service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
After talking to these guys and some reflection I feel that the washing part is a loose end at many non-Tata SS. Sometimes they do it sometimes they do not.
Anuroop Fiat always washed my car when it went for paid services there. Even Angad did it when I took it for the fourth service.
Old 7th August 2007, 01:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Here is an update on the washing bit. Earlier in a post I said that I agree that I also heard a few Maruti and Santro fellars telling me that washing is not a part of the free service. However I never thought about it ever. Now I talked to a few others. Its confusing. There are a good few who say that it does not get done unless you ask for it and yet there are many others who are vehement that they always get the wash free.
Zappo - No idea about TATA/Fiat but with Maruti/Honda/Hyundai the price of a wash and a normal interior cleaning (Compressed air & wet cloth to clean dashboard, door sills etc.) is included in the labour charges of a service. With these companies I've never paid extra for the washing.
Old 7th August 2007, 01:38   #18
Team-BHP Support

That is how it should be Ishan, that is how it should be. Washing should always be an integral part of a full service. But LLL (see his post below) seems to have a different experience. And after talking to a good few others I found that many say that they do get free wash but some are sure that dealers do skip on this routine at some pretext or the other. Thats why I felt that probably this wash routine is not so seriously monitored by the manufacturers unlike Tata where their feedback starts with "was the washing of the car to your satisfaction" question.
Old 7th August 2007, 01:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm..... that's an interesting piece of news Zappo. From what I've gathered over the years, washing is an integral part of servicing a car so companies don't charge fees for it.

Maybe someone should ask TATA whether this is oficially allowed or not.
Old 14th August 2007, 11:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

My experience with Wasan started because of amit's review. Thanks dude.

Here is my experience:

Jobs requested:
  1. Full service
  2. Change coolant
  3. Change engine oil
  4. Check suspension
  5. Rear nameplate light to be fixed
  6. Window washer fluid to be refilled

Estimate given: 3500
Actual bill: 2140

Scorecard:
  1. Timeliness: 2/10 (A person with a 11:30 appointment got ahead of me - 9:40 appointment)
  2. Courtesy / Politeness: 7/10 (Things could have been better - more attention to customers required)
  3. Completion of jobs: 7/10 Did not get the following jobs done:
    1. Rear nameplate light is still loose
    2. Window washer fluid not refilled
  4. Cost: 9/10 (Need to check my other bills though)
  5. CRM: 9/10 This was awesome. Tata has some good software running at the background. Plus today, I got a call for a free Fiat check up. Never got this from a Fiat center.
  6. General: 8/10 Car feels better.

Is the place recommended? Yes. If you live close enough.

P.S. Something I have come to learn about Fiats - they just surprise you. I complained about rattles, but when we took the car out for a test drive there were none - and the roads there were awful. The day after I took delivery, the window winder motor conked off (thanks moralfibre for the inputs) but it started working after sometime even after a dunking in the rain.
Old 16th August 2007, 22:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Plus today, I got a call for a free Fiat check up. Never got this from a Fiat center.
You never got the call because Fiat never had a free check up!

I got the call too. Looks like I am going in for my first hard time with Fiat spares. My exhaust has rusted and the car sounds like a VW/Skoda TDi engine now. Called Wasan a few days back and they said they don't have spares. Called Shaman, the same answer. Sent the car to Fortune Cars in Nerul on Monday and they asked for it to be sent back for a check up on Saturday! Mind you, it's just a check up. If they have the spares, they will replace it, if not they will have it ordered which in their words will take a few days more. According to them, they don't keep too many non fast running Fiat spares because in their experience, there aren't too many spares that they have to replace in Fiat's unlike the case with Tata's.

The lady calling from Wasan for the free check up asked me to bring the car over and maybe I will get a waiver of the cost of the exhaust. Knowing Fiat, I know thats never going to happen but I am taking the car anyway. Let them have it in writing that I need a spare thats not in stock at Wasan.

Last edited by amit : 16th August 2007 at 22:59.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:28   #22
BHPian

Hey Amit,

Even My Palio S10's exhaust has rusted, but I have some doubts before I change it,
1. Is the exhaust of S10 different from normal Palio 1.6?
2. Will the dealer's be able fix the steel tip which I originally got with S10,as normal Palios don't have them.

Am also planning WASAN , after closure of Anuroop for servicing.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by major View Post
Hey Amit,

Even My Palio S10's exhaust has rusted, but I have some doubts before I change it,
2. Will the dealer's be able fix the steel tip which I originally got with S10,as normal Palios don't have them.
I guess the exhaust must be the same, only difference being the chrome tip. The dealer should be able to do the fitment, after all they are the authorised dealers!

Are you planning to take the car to Wasan tomorrow? Maybe we can go together. Two S10's with rusted exhausts should get Fiat swinging into action. Leave me a PM with your number and we can co-ordinate. I am planning to reach Wasan by 10.30 am.
Old 16th August 2007, 23:50   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by major View Post
Only with respect to the chrome end pipe.

Quote:
This chrome tip is a part of the end can so the new one you get should come with one attached. If you plan to throw your old rusted end can I would be glad to rip that chrome tip and weld it on to my exhaust
Old 17th August 2007, 00:14   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
very good review Moral,it really inspires some confidence in me as i plan to take my palio for service at Wasan,Borivli.
I feel ashamed, I still dont know there is a Fiat service at Borivali. I did 2 services at Shaman...(Went all the way to Sewri from Jogeshwari)....

Can I change the service station during the free services?

I had given my 1.6 to Fortune to fix the headlamp problem, the car was used for 2 days without wash before taken to Fortune. Those guys did not even bother to remove slightest part of the dust from any part

This is wierd....may be I should have told them to clean it...

Is the interior cleaning included in free service or do I have to pay for it?
Old 17th August 2007, 00:22   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Can I change the service station during the free services?
The choice of service station is yours as long as it is an authorized service center. Ensure that you get your free service booklet stamped at each service.

Quote:
Is the interior cleaning included in free service or do I have to pay for it?
You have to pay for this job.
Old 17th August 2007, 00:45   #27
BHPian

Thanks Moral. I am gonna try Wasan this time.
The free check up calls being referred here are these from Wasan or they are from Fiat?
Old 17th August 2007, 00:52   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
very good review Moral,it really inspires some confidence in me as i plan to take my palio for service at Wasan,Borivli.
Eh? Just saw this post. I haven't tried Wasan or Shaman either.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:43   #29

Does Tata really give good after-sales service

Hi All,

I am on the verge of buying (or not) an Indica Xeta GLG.
Only thing stopping me is the after-sales service and spares in Mumbai.

What is the deal on that folks?

Cheers!
Abhishek

P.S. Any CNG XETA owner, if you can pls mail on abhishek.tripathi@axisbank.com with any comments on ur CNG experience in Mumbai especially. Any particular issues and service center issues?
Wud appreciate!
Old 28th October 2007, 13:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

My car went in for another routine service and this time I am thoroughly disappointed with Wasan. Firstly, there isn't much difference in the feel of the car after service. This time I asked them to change the brake pads, a few hours later I get a call saying that they have to change the brake discs also. I give them the go ahead. I sent a guy from my work to pick up the vehicle. When I left for home in the car, the brakes were whistling every time I applied the brakes. After a few kms. suddenly there was a loud continous "chooo chooo chooo" sound coming from the wheels. It felt as if the brakes were not releasing properly. The sound was loud enough for people in other vehicles to look at my car. Still I managed to drive home and the next morning the car was taken back to the service center. On the test drive, the advisor said the continous sound was because the car was being driven close to the divider on the road!! I asked him if he was trying to tell me that in 4 years and 60,000kms the car was never driven close to a divider?! I told him to change lanes and drive away from the divider and using his logic the sound should stop. The guys realised his stupid excuse and accepted the problem. By evening he said the car would be ready the next day. Since I had told him point blank that I would not pay for this work, he said he was making some papers to file with Tata Motors for faulty brake pads.

The next day I take the car for a test drive and the continous "choo choo" sound is gone but the brakes still squeal and whistle when the car is under braking. The noise doesn't come all the time and when it does it's quite faint. Any idea what it could be? The guy asked me to drive the car for a few days and if the sound doesn't go he will replace the brake discs for free too. In his opinion, the sound comes because the brake discs are smooth and will stop once they roughen out!! I asked him if he could explain why brand new cars don't make these noises then and he had no answer. The guys name is Mahesh Verma and he was the service supervisor in Angad Fiat. Wasan, apparently, has taken him for his "expereince" with Fiat cars. Tata-Fiat?!?! Wake up! Are these the guys that are you trying to work with to improve customer service and satisfaction?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks