Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2007, 02:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Amit - Were the pads & discs changed at all? The sound you describe usually comes when the pads are worn out & their base metal is rubbing with the discs. Can you spare some time & ask them to open up the brake assembly to show you the new pads & discs?

If there is no dust in the pads (unlikely since they claim they've put on new ones) that is the most likely reason for the sound. Or maybe they are not installed properly leading to some rubbing issues, which again is an unlikely scenario.
Old 24th May 2008, 11:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

My Palio's wipers have conked off. Checked the fuse and motor found them okay. So had a 10.20 AM appointment at Wasan for the same.

After being asked twice by the security if I have an appointment, I am let in. Walk into the service area and most of the service advisors (SA) are sitting and chatting among themselves. I am asked to wait as my SA has to attend to another waiting customer and besides, I am told, I am late for my 9.40 appointment! I tell them that it's 10.20 and not 9.40. SA says, "It's 9.40 on the appointment sheet here."I tell him it's not my fault if their staff make a mistake. Seeing me getting irritated, my SA is asked to attend to me first. Two complaints : 1.) Front wipers not working. 2.) A/c Blower stuck midway up.

SA: You will get delivery tomorrow.

Me: Delivery tomorrow for a 1 hour job?

SA: Mechanics are busy with our free check up camp and few cars are still awaiting service from yesterday. Our service is blocked. Besides, we have to check whats wrong and if we have parts in stock.

Me: Give me a loaner car. How do I do my work today and tomorrow?

SA: There is no such system here.

Anyway, we go back, the job card is being made when in walks a Tata Indica customer and the convo with another SA goes like this:

SA: (Looking at the first service coupon.) it's your first service. How many kms have you done?

Owner: 32,000kms.

SA: You lost your free services. We will charge you Rs.350 for labour.

Owner: What free service? It's my fourth service!

SA: It says on this appointment sheet that you are coming for your first service. All your free service coupons are still in the booklet. Why was this not detached when your car did it's free services?

owner: Is that my job? Do I have to fill it up and give it you guys? Tell me so and I will come here and service the car on my own too! Also, if your appointment sheet shows first service, it's not my fault. Take it up with your staff. I have been complaining about oil leakage from the first service and nothing has been done yet!

By then my job card was made and I walked out.

Moral of the story: Utter chaos rules at Wasan Tata-Fiat.

The attitude of the SA is really rude there and I am going to take it out on them in their customer feedback form at the time of delivery. Tata's Indica/Indigo sales may be more to private taxi's but thats no reason to throw attitude and talk as if they are doing a favour by looking at the cars. A customer is a customer. He could be from IIT or illetrate. At least have basic courtsey. I am thinking of meeting up with the CRO at Wasan and tell him/her of the crap about keeping a car overnight for wiper repair.

The car is being delievered today at about 5PM. Cost is about Rs.4,700 for wiper motor and linkages. SA says we can't change the linkage only. The motor has to be changed too. To me it looks like they are changing the motor just for the money.

Last edited by amit : 24th May 2008 at 12:00.
Old 24th May 2008, 13:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

^ Thats some really shocking behaviour there. The behaviour you mentioned makes it sound like he is doing people a favour by giving his time. Do take it up with the higher ups
Old 24th May 2008, 13:15   #34
Team-BHP Support

amit, it appears your car is not under warranty.
Under these circumstances, go to TASC if you want to damage your car.
Old 27th June 2011, 21:06   #35
BHPian

Re: Wasan Tata-Fiat: Fiat Palio service.

Sorry to re-open an old thread but can anyone guide me with the best FIAT service center in Mumbai at the moment. I have a Palio 1.2.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd July 2011, 08:07   #36
BHPian

Re: Wasan Tata-Fiat: Fiat Palio service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvhed View Post
Sorry to re-open an old thread but can anyone guide me with the best FIAT service center in Mumbai at the moment. I have a Palio 1.2.

Thanks in advance.
Fortune Motors powai are known to be good. Few of guys I know from the Palio User Group go there and are pretty ok. You could try them. I'm myself very apprehensive of giving to Wasan Chembur or Fortune Nerul. The way they talk itself is seriously discouraging to trust them with the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks